Barbarian as DD O.O?

Options
YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Barbarian
I once joined a squad with a barbarian with more hp than me, so I let him tanks. So, I was being a DD(damage dealer) and ended to steal aggro a lot(In humanoid form). I first thought that barb could not keep aggro or what ever. I went in many instances letting other barbs tank and ended to steal aggro a lot o.o. So I finally discovered the DD powah barbs have b:laugh

First of all to deal a lot of damage on a boss, you need to focus on strenght more than on vitality.
Then you need to get good damage dealing skills(like beastial onslaught)
Also, you need to max penetrate armor skill(reduces phys res by 30% maxxed)
and finally, get the genie skill: tangling mire

So there's how it goes: the tank flesh ream the boss, have some fun with it..blah blah blah...
Then you wait to be at full chi.
Now you can start the over powered damage dealing o.o!
1:cast spark burst.
2: Once spark is close to be done channeling, use tangling mire.
3: Penetrate armor
4: bestial onslaught(reduces evasion)
5: random click on all your DD skills that dont require chi.
6:Once its done, use your skills to damage deal normally until you are full chi again.

As a barbarian lvl 81, I went from 2k-3k dmg to 6-10k dmg for about 10 seconds.
one thing to remember: be ready to get hit by the boss =P

Post your comments and insults here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Because being random isn't enough.b:thanks

Life is just a way to have fun before dying, so stop killing my fun.
Post edited by YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Partyanimal - Raging Tide
    Partyanimal - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That was a fail barb then.
    Wolfgore does it better anyways b:thanks
  • YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol wolfgore is uber, I must admit it, but you need to have damn load of cash to get items he has. That way to DD is for most of the barbs(ones with lots of strenght and vitality)Also, like I said, It happened more than once with many barbarians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i honestly think those barbs were fail most DDs who think they can steal my agro fail at it and the only time my agro gets stolen im either lagging or the DD goes full out(after i landed 1 agro skil) and ussally pays with his/her life for it

its a shame were not on the same server cause i guess i could prove you its all about skil
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Penetrate Armor, at level 10, then sparking and spam skilling, can rip aggro. However most of that aggro is coming from Penetrate, many people don't realize that at level 10 it generates a LOT of aggro.

(And don't go giving me any **** about the skill not SAYING that the effect increases with skill level, I have been putting this and all the other barb aggro skills under massive testing for the past two months.)
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When I squad with Gyonax, my faction leader, I can't even get the boss to look at me for more than 1/2 a second...that's with him in humanoid and me spamming FR and Devour. So I end up playing DD as much as I can.

But yes, with a build focused on STR, one can generate much more damage, I'd suspect a demon barb focused on STR would be an amazing DD...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    its easy to take aggro form a lazy barb :P

but if a barb keeps flesh reaming and devouring at a steady pace your not going to take aggro form him unless you are a DD class with a highly refined weapon. never had aggro stolen from a BM or Barb as long as i have a mp charm or using pots to keep my mana up and keep my skills going. barbs can dd fairly well with the right genie skills and build.

and btw a sage barb focused on str would be just as good as a demon barb focused on str as long as the sage barb has axe and hammer mastery that is a large damage increase, way more then demons.

oh and don't use penetrate armor if there is another barb tanking in tiger form because it does not stack with devour and devour is a 50% decrease while penetrate is only a 30%
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    its easy to take aggro form a lazy barb :P

You would know b:chuckle
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't understand about the stealing aggro thing, if the barb spams flesh ream, can the barb still lose aggro? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When I squad with Gyonax, my faction leader, I can't even get the boss to look at me for more than 1/2 a second...that's with him in humanoid and me spamming FR and Devour. So I end up playing DD as much as I can.

But yes, with a build focused on STR, one can generate much more damage, I'd suspect a demon barb focused on STR would be an amazing DD...

If you spent as much money as he/she did on the game no one would ever take your aggro either!
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't understand about the stealing aggro thing, if the barb spams flesh ream, can the barb still lose aggro? o.O

Well actually yes, I mean there's a cooldown on flesh ream and it costs chi, so even if you are full chi, get sparked by a veno and spam flesh ream, you can lose aggro for about 2 hits, the time flesh ream's cooldown is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    a few mins ago, i was with another barb on bh39. he tanked, i DDed. the normal mobs, i didnt steal aggro. the farren, i didnt do it cuz i donno, they said not to do or smth O.o
    anyways, if the barb thats tanking aint a fail, the DD barb definitely wont take away aggro.
    maybe the FR and stuff werent that good for that barb that cudnt tank :)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well like I said is that It happened several times with different barbarians. I can steal aggro from barbs who are around my level, not much higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well actually yes, I mean there's a cooldown on flesh ream and it costs chi, so even if you are full chi, get sparked by a veno and spam flesh ream, you can lose aggro for about 2 hits, the time flesh ream's cooldown is done.

a 3 second cool down is barely anything o.o if the barb just did his job and spammed flesh ream, I'm fairly confident he can hold aggro against all classes within a reasonable level range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    a 3 second cool down is barely anything o.o if the barb just did his job and spammed flesh ream, I'm fairly confident he can hold aggro against all classes within a reasonable level range.

You obviously have not squaded with high level dd's then.

It is possible to lose aggro while constantly spamming flesh ream. This is why double stacking it with devour is necessary. Those 3 seconds can easily mean a squad wipe.
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hey pi, i know what you talking about, but i still doubt you can steal from someone that tries to hold aggro. You can try on me if you like.

Side note, it is easy to steal aggro from "lazy barbs". Currently using calamities so after a double spark i throw about 3-4 +10k hits and occasionally the upper teens in the spark time. In that time i can steal from barbs not Fr or using devour.

plus there are many barbs that dont try as hard to keep aggro with out the big hitters in squad (archers and wizs). Hell I go human form on the bosses half the time when they are not in squad and the boss doesnt aoe.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    High level barbs (typically us sages) regularly loose aggro to high level DDs going full out (triple sparked demon archers and fist BMs come to mind). Mind you its just for a second or two until I can cast fleshream again (and 3 seconds is enouh time for boss to swap aggro, and smite a squishy archer).

At those levels damage regulation by the DDs becomes more important.

I spam sage fleshream+ sage devour until I run out of chi. Then spend a few seconds rebuilding (sages got the 50 free chi a minute skill to cast).
    The sage fleshream helped a lot to hold aggro better. Demon archers used to steal aggro easy from my lvl10 fleshream easy.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't think there is any "lazy barb" the most lazy barb I ever saw was using flesh ream when he had the chi back from the last FR(about 2 hits after the cooldown is done) and last time I stole aggro, I saw the barb trying to keep aggro (he was kinda angry at meb:chuckle). But maybe it is because I have a bit more strenght and dexterity than other barbarian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you go and look in the Game Info section of the site and select Classes, then Barbarians. You will see at the end of the description that they say barbs can be made for max def or max dmg.
    b:puzzled
    Now I understand how most everyone is used to seeing a full Vit barb and that is probably why everyone thinks a barb has low dmg. But I've noticed that I can deal out as much dmg as any BM my Lv.
    Sure, I don't DD like a Wiz or Arch (that is their job though lol) but I'm far from having "low dmg". b:irritated lol

Though I would like to add in a suggestion; instead of Penetrate, use Devour. Sure you lose a sec or 2 from changing but Devour lowers pdef much more then Penetrate.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The main problem with switching aggro is the casting reset. Other than Demon Sparking fist BMs and Archers I've not lost aggro to any other class-though to be sure I've not squaded with a demon/sage Wizzie yet (hopefully I will soon-you know who you are!)

Yes us Barbs can DD, but not on as consistent basis as archers, wizzies, or BMs. When we get our shots we're deadly, it just doesn't happen as often as other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Fito - Lost City
    Fito - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i set my macro Flesh ream , hit , hit repeat

went afk to get a coffee.

whole party died!

reason being.

party set up

lvl 101 archer ( rank8)
    lvl 101 archer (+8 )
    lvl 100 Mage ( rank8)
    lvl 100 ep (+10 ) Macro Auto heal on me
    lvl 100 Wb (+10 )

it all depends on the DDs. if they go all out. no way we can hold aggro against them.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i set my macro Flesh ream , hit , hit repeat

went afk to get a coffee.

whole party died!

reason being.

party set up

lvl 101 archer ( rank8)
    lvl 101 archer (+8 )
    lvl 100 Mage ( rank8)
    lvl 100 ep (+10 ) Macro Auto heal on me
    lvl 100 Wb (+10 )

it all depends on the DDs. if they go all out. no way we can hold aggro against them.

ive never tried MACRO tanking, i think is too risky

i dont feel good to leave it like this
    if u miss a hit the macro will stop
    and then how about boss magic skills to cancel ?

too much to worry about b:surrender

i try not to go afk while tanking or in any case just make sure the squad can hold on for that

BTW, the squad HAVE TO WORK FOR THE BARB, and mind the damage dealt
    i would hate squad whipe just for the lack of experience of the DDs

cuz we can always get aggro back at any time...

but if u steal it, and then run away to avoid death just cuz u can move fast or teleport, running in the opposite direction of the tank (which is the one who can save u togheter with the cler) causing the squad to follow u and end up with a squad wipe...

...then u DD have better to die for your mistake while barb gets aggro back and the other members of the squad continue doing their job...then according with the tank and the squad the cler can REVIVE YOU and continue togheter happily again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Fito - Lost City
    Fito - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its just a hh2-3 run. the only boss that i need to even bother to cancel their skills is the forshura boss.

but with 2 ep. i can just get lazy with just reaming it.

haha
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

It can be stolen... but it's very difficult. Also, you'll only have aggro till the barb uses flesh ream again. The way flesh ream works is that it instantly steals aggro (no matter who has aggro to begin with). It only keeps definate aggro for a second, though, and then it is just really high aggro for the rest of the bleed time (this is the time when aggro can be stolen by a really high DD). That's the only real way I can think of to explain it. Here's a little scenario. Btw, the numbers will be really exaggerated for this so that it can state my point more clearly.

1. archer hits mob for 999,999 dmg
    2. archer takes aggro
    3. barb uses flesh ream
    4. barb takes aggro
    5. archer hits mob for 999,999 dmg
    6. barb hits mob for 3000 dmg
    7. archer hits mob for 999,999 dmg
    8. archer takes aggro
    9. barb hits mob for 3000 dmg
    10. archer hits mob for 999,999 dmg
    11. barb uses flesh ream
    12. barb takes aggro
    13. archer hits mob for 999,999 dmg
    14. barb hits mob for 3000 dmg
    15. archer hits mob for 999,999 dmg
    16. archer takes aggro

anyway... you see how it's progressing. No matter how much aggro you have, when a barb uses flesh ream, he will steal aggro. If you continue to do a lot more dmg than him, though, you will steal aggro before the bleed effect wears off.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    we started on flesh ream and aggro ._.
    But my point was: If a barbarian can steal aggro from a barb that spam flesh ream, it means the DD barbarian deals epic damage. Oh and I don't run when I steal aggro, I just wait for the barb to cast flesh ream again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    3 spark+penetrate+mire+extreme poison and HH90 gold wrists for only interval gears and GX +3 i do consistant damage from 15=30k depending on zerk or crit and zerk + crit together with this is typically a 60=80k damage but if you read the skill description on mire you should always penetrate armour/devour (depending on what form your in) first cause mire with around 60 pts in str will drop the enemys phys def around 45-50% of its current values so if you drop a targets value say 50% with devour then use mire ur basically dropping it another 25% of what its full value would be with out any debuffs at least ive noticed i always do way more damage when done in this order and i do use extreme poison as well both genie skills lvl10
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Cool necro dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I takes aggros alz teh timez.....

b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    3 spark+penetrate+mire+extreme poison and HH90 gold wrists for only interval gears and GX +3 i do consistant damage from 15=30k depending on zerk or crit and zerk + crit together with this is typically a 60=80k damage but if you read the skill description on mire you should always penetrate armour/devour (depending on what form your in) first cause mire with around 60 pts in str will drop the enemys phys def around 45-50% of its current values so if you drop a targets value say 50% with devour then use mire ur basically dropping it another 25% of what its full value would be with out any debuffs at least ive noticed i always do way more damage when done in this order and i do use extreme poison as well both genie skills lvl10

Necro + no punctuation FTL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i hate people who like to triple spark, EP, HF as soon as you do 1 flesh ream, they are "I'm cool cause i steal agro from a barb *dead*" or either switching agro annoying the cleric its like a herc tanking but the barb can steal agro back, it only happens on number bosses and not [?] bosses as it pretty much imposable to steal agro from a barb if you in a TT or something (unless the barb stops FR for some reason)
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i just flesh ream then devour flesh again then frighten then cancel skill on magic,flesh maybe some hits to gain chi then flesh,devour..rinse and repeat...