The big bang O.o

Options
Foltern - Sanctuary
Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
So, this might be a weird time but it's as good as any I guess.

For about 6 months I have played the game alone and anonymously. As I spoke to other players and I began to interact with other people, started making videos and post in the forums, many different problems have arose which have interposed my ability to enjoy the game.

As a person and player who prefers peaceful solitude, I feel it's best for me to reenter that state.

I have deleted my videos and Youtube account. To anyone who liked any video that I made, I was glad to make something you liked. ^

I won't be watching or responding to my previous threads or this thread.

I won't be responding to players in game who whisper me.

This is also both my last thread and post here in the forums.

So I would like to provide my most sincere thank you to all the intelligent people and great players who shared their thoughts or knowledge with me genuinely or took my posts seriously. I would like to thank users who posted things that made me laugh when I was having a bad day ^

To my ocean of haters. I wish we could have been friends and I could take back the thing I never did. I wish you had the capacity to care outside yourself and be open minded, I hope someday you can change that.
Post edited by Foltern - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its amazing....how when you enter the social spotlight, you are quick to be picked apart by hundreds, thousands of individuals. Hated on, judged, loathed.

Some people just simply have no life, therefore they feel the need to come to an online game and grief others for the pure enjoyment of it.

Best wishes, Foltern. You have always seemed to be an intelligent individual, with good judgement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Aw, what's the point of an MMO when you don't interact with others? :[
    Belligero
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So because of a few bad forum replies by random kids, you stopped doing whatever it is you were doing? You're letting the negativity of people you dont even know affect you. Caring about the opinions of those close to you is 1 thing. Caring about opinions of random jerks is another.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You certainly aren't obliged to endure the harassment of a massive bunch of jerks on something meant to be enjoyed purely as an entertainment and pastime.

So, I wont disagree with your choice at all. Just I'd advise to try to keep in contact with your friends and people who are decent to you, ignoring absolutely everyone because of this wouldn't really be a solution. Best of luck anyways.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So because of a few bad forum replies by random kids, you stopped doing whatever it is you were doing? You're letting the negativity of people you dont even know affect you. Caring about the opinions of those close to you is 1 thing. Caring about opinions of random jerks is another.

This....

Foltern, I personally have always enjoyed your posts. They were usually well thought out and detailed, intelligent and mannered.

Sorry to see you close off like this but if you ever want to chat, just message Saitada or myself in game when I am online and I would be happy to convo with you. Intelligent people are few and far between in this game.. so yeah.. yer gonna be missed.

~DF
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For every 10 good things, there's always some jerk that wants to say something bad. Maybe you have come to your final decision, maybe you will revise it... it is all up to you. But I can't help to remember a quote from an article I have read some time ago; it was something like this :

If a jerk burns the flag, the country is not threatened, democracy is not under siege, freedom is not at risk

Of course the quote has a political direction, but I am sure you can substract what I meant: You can not put up with cold, unsubstantiated remarks. It is just not constructive or meaningful. These things gain weight only if you allow them to grow important, otherwise they are just water under the bridge.

Do what you know best
    ~Lun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't listen to people that just want to hurt you. Don't let people draw you into their drama or their issues if you don't want to get involved. People are stupid and insensitive, but, not all of them are. I'm sure you have made a few friends ingame that will miss you.

It's sad to see someone cut themselves off from everyone else.

Best Wishes

~iDaun
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's surely been a pleasure to have been in a squad with you before. You've been kind and very direct with your choice of words and some people probably just don't have the capacity to understand it.

Although as previously stated, what I don't understand is you're shutting off everyone because of what some people did in the past. But isn't shutting off everyone being judgmental on your own? I don't know but in my opinion, it is. It's your own decision and I wish you the best of luck.

- Skybelle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    JoeyPoey - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As a person and player who prefers peaceful solitude, I feel it's best for me to reenter that state.

I have deleted my videos and Youtube account. To anyone who liked any video that I made, I was glad to make something you liked. ^

Uhhhh... did I miss something? You want to live alone in an MMO? You've lost sight of the purpose of an MMO, then.

I gotta say, some people take this game way too seriously. I remember one girl a while back who wanted to unify PW... She's dead. Presumably from cancer.

What I'm saying is don't be a loner in a game that is better spent with many people.

I'd say more, but I'm running out of time.

Got a schedule to keep up, ya know?
    "Who the hell do you think I am?!?"

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeyPoey: Leader of Tengen: The Great Gurren Brigade.

Also, the baddest mutha this side of the Sanctuary server.
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear57
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear57 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its amazing....how when you enter the social spotlight, you are quick to be picked apart by hundreds, thousands of individuals. Hated on, judged, loathed.

Some people just simply have no life, therefore they feel the need to come to an online game and grief others for the pure enjoyment of it.

Best wishes, Foltern. You have always seemed to be an intelligent individual, with good judgement.

qft. b:thanks

Gonna miss you're posts man, you always had well written answers and replies.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yet another person that took an online game way too serously.

All I have to say is mada mada dane. b:bye
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So, this might be a weird time but it's as good as any I guess.

For about 6 months I have played the game alone and anonymously. As I spoke to other players and I began to interact with other people, started making videos and post in the forums, many different problems have arose which have interposed my ability to enjoy the game.

So I would like to provide my most sincere thank you to all the intelligent people and great players who shared their thoughts or knowledge with me genuinely or took my posts seriously. I would like to thank users who posted things that made me laugh when I was having a bad day ^

To my ocean of haters. I wish we could have been friends and I could take back the thing I never did. I wish you had the capacity to care outside yourself and be open minded, I hope someday you can change that.

are u my long lost identical twin ?:Ob:surrender

nah we not the 1s taking things to serious its those goof balls that say demonbarbs will be to powerfull ect ect they totaly ruiend the feeling
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Anomandariss - Heavens Tear
    Anomandariss - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Foltern, to be honest I have no idea who you are, I've never read your posts, and I haven't watched your videos, but that is probably because I am not active on the forums.

Judging by this thread you seem to be an intelligent individual, capable of taking the right decisions. For this you have my respect, even though that means nothing at all.

I'd also rather stay anonymous in an MMO, so I think I understand you.

Take care.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You certainly aren't obliged to endure the harassment of a massive bunch of jerks on something meant to be enjoyed purely as an entertainment and pastime.

yes halleluja XD specialy if u tried a year long to motivate all and stuff and at end totaly get shut out b:angry
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    D: i love you videos ive even been in them. everyone here is right with ppl comes bad things and you have to be better than them to push past and rise above. the ppl who do this are the best around.

and hated i miss our morning fights D: have u been on an alt being angry at the world?
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Again...

MMO = MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE

Note "multiplayer".

If you're not gonna play co-op... don't be in a multiplayer game, eh?

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Naevo - Lost City
    Naevo - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL.

b:victory

"Adopt your own style."

Kinda boring to read your comment which pretty much are ripped off by any and every post on /b/. Rule 1 and 2 broken, go****yourself.

Cya Foltern! b:sad b:bye
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Adopt your own style."

Kinda boring to read your comment which pretty much are ripped off by any and every post on /b/. Rule 1 and 2 broken, go****yourself.

Cya Foltern! b:sad b:bye

As Lex Luthor says: WRONG!!!

Rule #1: You do not talk about Fight Club

Rule #2: You do not talk about Fight Club

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Aw, what's the point of an MMO when you don't interact with others? :[

urinating on strangers in forum /= interacting

discussion = interacting

RedMenace

\this place requires an asbestos suit and hip waders
    \\and occasionaly a flame thrower, and a kitten crossbow
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein