Assassins breaking TW system?

Nukesrus - Harshlands
Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Anyone know if it's possible for a cloaked sin to pull a catapult and stay stealthed?

If so, is there anyway to kill them while they're IN stealth?
Post edited by Nukesrus - Harshlands on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    they....probably...could....
    b:shocked

well mayhaps if we can duel in TW then we can just send the barb in quick, get a wizard, archer, mayhaps even cleric or even psychic to aoe.

b:puzzled

but other then that....
    unless they fix aoes to actually be aoes not some weird increased area targetting skill....

._.'

ya....
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    someone haves to try that..
    edited January 2010
    has....
    anyone here tried dueling during a TW?
    b:puzzled
    b:chuckle
    lol me am surprised me hasn't tried yet.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cant an assasin be hit by AoE while in stealth? Wouldnt that knock them out of stealth? AoE the catapult when it comes to a stop, dead assasin.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if theyre low enough you can still see them to hit them, not to mention spells can effect them while in stealth, even if you targetted them prior to casting. monsters who cast magic on me in an FB39 earlier hit me, then lost aggro once i shadow escaped.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If for some reason you can't aoe the cata, use stealth detection pots from the Raging Tide officer. Problem solved :)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cant an assasin be hit by AoE while in stealth? Wouldnt that knock them out of stealth? AoE the catapult when it comes to a stop, dead assasin.

That's the question: CAN they be hit by AoE's in stealth?

And to the lowbie sins, a sin at level 9x with tread maxed is unseeable by anyone in the game except an assassin of higher level.

EDIT: There's stealth detection pots? O_o
    edited January 2010
    if theyre low enough you can still see them to hit them, not to mention spells can effect them while in stealth, even if you targetted them prior to casting. monsters who cast magic on me in an FB39 earlier hit me, then lost aggro once i shadow escaped.

Lenn we be amusing that it be high level tideborns with the super stealth that requires higher levels then can be reached to see them.

okies so we can target the catapult?
    yay~
    well that should fix our invisible cata puller problem....(seeing as how wizards be sent to kill the puller in the first place lol)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That's the question: CAN they be hit by AoE's in stealth?

And to the lowbie sins, a sin at level 9x with tread maxed is unseeable by anyone in the game except an assassin of higher level.

EDIT: There's stealth detection pots? O_o

+20 awareness lvl pot , dunno if thats the "stealth detection" they talk bout.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    stealth doesnt make you immune to damage, why wouldnt AOEs hit you in stealth if you happened to be in range.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    AoE the catapault, and you can't duel in TW's.

This.

Also, can't we use "t" to target them?
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No way to use catapult in stealth mode.when you are in this mode,you cant take drops or use mount..or farm...so I dont think they can use de catas.
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This.

Also, can't we use "t" to target them?

I believe stealth takes your name off the nearby members list. And takes your dot off the mini map.

EDIT: Also to the above poster, maybe they can pick up the cat, THEN go in stealth?
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if assassins get hit in stealth mode, they become visible, so just aoe the catapult, and since they're light armor, probably die easy anyways =P
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I believe stealth takes your name off the nearby members list. And takes your dot off the mini map.

Well all the same, this idea is stupid: the very best 'sassin will have what? 7k HP? that's 1hit w/out a crit for me. The thought of anything other than maybe an emergency vit-build WR pulling a catapult is silly (especially a LA class lol).
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2010

^this
    10char.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    +20 awareness lvl pot , dunno if thats the "stealth detection" they talk bout.

our maximun stealth lvl is pur lvl +30(thread maxed and stealth itself maxed) so in the end the pots wont do u good if ur not 11 lvl over us i guess. but anyway it'll take awhile for sins to be lvl 90 or 100
  • SammyStyle - Sanctuary
    SammyStyle - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    our maximun stealth lvl is pur lvl +30(thread maxed and stealth itself maxed) so in the end the pots wont do u good if ur not 11 lvl over us i guess. but anyway it'll take awhile for sins to be lvl 90 or 100

Lol i know already 2 89+ sins and they are not visable at there current lvl.
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sam is right - there will be at least one and probably more 'sins at 90+ by the end of this week on sanc. Even at 8x you can't see them with the 100 culti btwb:laugh
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Who said cata-sins have to be full dex?
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Who said cata-sins have to be full dex?

Then the only options are pure VIT or pure MAG. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to waste a character slot on something that is nigh unplayable.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    stealth doesnt make you immune to damage, why wouldnt AOEs hit you in stealth if you happened to be in range.

EDIT: Also to the above poster, maybe they can pick up the cat, THEN go in stealth?
    Dont really see a prob with no targeting, thers ALWAYS pple hovering around a catapult, simple thing just time your aoes. The scary sins are the ones that come about 1-2 months later. They are the ones that took extra time to understand knicks and tricks, rather than focusing just on lvls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Anyone know if it's possible for a cloaked sin to pull a catapult and stay stealthed?

even in stealth they'll still get hit... all you gotta do it aoe the cat and they'll unstealth.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    even in stealth they'll still get hit... all you gotta do it aoe the cat and they'll unstealth.

But dont forget, assassins can once survive their own death. b:chuckle
  • __Shade__ - Raging Tide
    __Shade__ - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well all the same, this idea is stupid: the very best 'sassin will have what? 7k HP? that's 1hit w/out a crit for me. The thought of anything other than maybe an emergency vit-build WR pulling a catapult is silly (especially a LA class lol).
    Actually verry best assassin is posable to go to even 16k-20k hp with a bit build tweaking and high enough refines on lvl9x or so. Any LA class can, if you check it all armor types at equivalent gear give same hp on refine, no matter if some ppl are deluded and think HA gives more HP on refines. Tho 16k HP would gotta be min +8 or +9 to all armor parts, wich is more or less insane, since only maybe 1% of sins will be able to afford that.

To answer about awerness, sin can also take +20 awerness pots, and as some1 mentioned sin has +30 awerness on max thread, so sin still has more awerness then any1 else except perhaps for sin of same or higher level.

AoEs I dont know, comparing to other games, and Im gonna go on that experience, if there is a class with stealth or similar skill, it can not be hit by random AoE, only directly targeted one, so I can suppose it might be same here, not absolutely tho. If while in stealth mode you can hit a sin with random AoE, not directly targeted, it kinda kills the point of sin class. But I cant say for sure since I havent tested this.

If sin in stealth is not visible by you, you cant see him on mini map nor in T menu, Ive tested this with a bunch of friends and know for sure.

Only way for this to happen would be for sin to be able to go in stealth mode after he takes cata, since I can confirm that sin cant do anything other then movement in stealth mode.

This is not really stupid at all, its just really hardly doable/affordable, maybe and just maybe 1 guild per server will have sin that could have enough HP to play catapuller. So I'd say leave pulling catapult to barbs, sin would be more usefull at stunning/bleeding/sleeping and in general DDing in TWs.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010

o.o.. target cata > aoe > dead sin?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    o.o.. target cata > aoe > dead sin?

You forgot " > ???? > PROFIT!".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I honestly don't know if you can stealth after grabbing a cata, but the AoEs do hit them even in stealth. But let's run a scenario....
    b:question
    *An Assassin grabs a cata, goes stealth, then runs off to an unguarded side with the cata.
    *A second squad (or same squad as the Sin) follows them in but say 5-10 seconds after the Sin leaves, barreling past the enemy.
    *Enemy squads will tend to focus on the visible squad coming in.
    *Cleric makes sure the Barb (who has a cata scroll) gets through while the others are acting as decoys or simply killing off the enemy.
    **Assuming the Sin doesn't need to stop and take out the outside towers whose attacks would end their stealth.
    *Sin get the cata at least inside the enemy area where the inside towers would end their stealth. Though the cata without a puller would have been spotted at the gate (at the very latest).
    *Cleric and Barb enter the gates. Barb is fairly undamaged as he enters because he's not targeted heavily for pulling a cata. Barb goes in ready to pick up the cata if the Sin is killed with a cleric there helping save his furry hide from those lousy towers b:laugh and those downright mean magic attackers. b:beatup
    *Sin, on their way back to the enemy crystal, targets every Nix, Robe/LA Veno, and Wizard in sight.

Yes, this isn't that much different then the usual TW run but it presents a new way for the cata's to get in the gate undamaged.
    I can very easily see how Psychics and Assassins are going to change how the TWs are fought. Stealth skills and faster/slower charm tick skills require a very different strategy.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Any LA class can, if you check it all armor types at equivalent gear give same hp on refine, no matter if some ppl are deluded and think HA gives more HP on refines.

The people who think HA gives more HP on refines are correct. This is not a hard thing to check.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The people who think HA gives more HP on refines are correct. This is not a hard thing to check.

b:chuckle
    10 chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]