Story of the Perfect World-there is no tideborns??

Options
sukuyann
sukuyann Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
Actually this is first time i see this story but i noticed that they didn't put tborns..they didn't changed the story, but it would be nice if they do. Couse like this (mentioning just 3 races...and not 4, like there is no 4th race) is not nice. xD
b:worried

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/info b:cool
Post edited by sukuyann on

Comments

• Gaymer - Raging Tide
    Gaymer - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Actually, you didn't understand what you read.

As the war intensified, and neither side relented, a new threat emerged.

The race that was thought to have been eradicated in the great flood returned in full force. These creatures were not quite living, but not quite dead, and thus came to be known as wraiths (assassin). The wraiths appeared to possess a singular objective: to destroy the other races and corrupt the beautiful world around them. Rumors swirled that the wraiths were capable of possessing other living things (psychic). Not much is known about the true nature of this evil, but one thing is clear. The three races—Human, Untamed, and Winged Elf—must set aside their differences and unite to preserve their way of life, halt the spread of corruption, and above all, protect the Perfect World.

So you see, they did include the Tideborns
  • sukuyann
    sukuyann Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that's true, but again as it says it's The three races—Human, Untamed, and Winged Elf it would be cool if it would be -The four races..................- if u know what i mean b:chuckle

And it's nothing important bu it would be cool if they mentioned words like tideborns or fish or smthing xD lol
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ... ... ... I really hope that was sarcasm, Gaymer. Otherwise, your level is showing if you think wraiths = tideborns. Page just needs to be updated, either way, to include a brief snippet of the tideborn backstory. On that note, am I the only one disappointed that all the dark and doomy stuff in the trailers ended up... not? Sure, we have the whole "proud warrior race" thing, but aside from kidnapping Mantavip scout and brainwashing him, the nightspikes were kinda nothings and the entire corruption of part of the society--or, that was how I read some of the stuff that was out pre-release--never happened. There were what, two tideborn monsters? One of whom one felt really cruel for killing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Tideborns are a lost race just recently discovered. Not part of the original storyline.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver
    PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't say lost they were more cut off from the rest of perfect world until something removed the barrier which hidden the city for all this time. If you remember the tide born quests the elder gave there was a barrier which stopped intruders from getting close to barrier island or any island which is tide related this wat the elder said maybe the wraiths found a way to penetrate the barrier or dispel it.
    Its like when you look into the eyes of a cute kitten or puppy it silently steals your soul.

But cmon THEY'RE CUTE!!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cute punchy kitty. Please don't punch me with your cuteness. >_<
  • Fishtaco - Lost City
    Fishtaco - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol guys
    perfect world doesn't have a story
    u just grind and grind-in-the-form-of-quests
    they dont even have 1 voice acting
    or any cinematics lol
    very unimmersive
    i dont think u should worry about the story
    grind, find loot, qq on forums cos some cs ***** got loot wiht IRL money, grind, grind, realise that i should have played on a pvp server cos pve is lame and boring, reroll of pvp, qq cos im a carebear and cant pvp, grind, an hero, grind
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if u read quest before doing it u would see that they have a story and the current expansion only explain half of the tideborn story .. missing the big quake that destroyed mistfortune and the 3 dragon dungeon and where the 3 race found the dark magic do put in jail demon and god (1k)
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol guys
    perfect world doesn't have a story
    u just grind and grind-in-the-form-of-quests
    they dont even have 1 voice acting
    or any cinematics lol
    very unimmersive
    i dont think u should worry about the story
    grind, find loot, qq on forums cos some cs ***** got loot wiht IRL money, grind, grind, realise that i should have played on a pvp server cos pve is lame and boring, reroll of pvp, qq cos im a carebear and cant pvp, grind, an hero, grind

there is a story.. but we all know how pointless stories are in games like this. I mean really you want to tell me a story before i have to go kill X amount of mobs for exp? like i care, give me the quest and shut up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    err...
    it be true....
    the tideborn not be mentioned in the original creation story....
    as me has pointed out a few weeks ago somewheres before the expansion.

like how humans, elfs, and untamed come from various parts of the god-diety thingy so.....
    (me suspect they come from the waste of the god being) (Source: that link up top)
    b:chuckle

also they sort of subverted this by claiming they were there before (how, it doesn't say lol...
    and that the barrier thingy came up after a war, etc etc and now they came back out of the blue.
    ._.'

but it be okie since the story of PWI is that we all be here since the gods brought all of us here using their super powah (Source: Genesis spell quest)
    and that PW be some sort of floating giant island...or something like that. (Source: OHT quest chain)
    ._.'
    think threads of fate. (if anyone else happens to know that game *note this be a single player RPG on the....(me think it be called) dreamcast system that be years old so it should be fine as it be non competitive with PW)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if u read quest before doing it u would see that they have a story and the current expansion only explain half of the tideborn story .. missing the big quake that destroyed mistfortune and the 3 dragon dungeon and where the 3 race found the dark magic do put in jail demon and god (1k)

why imprison god o.O?
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Everything died in a flood. Tideborn are mermaids. The flood didn't do a thing to them, and they've been chilling at the bottom of the ocean. Why do you think their city is full of such high-technology? They're ancient. The Tideborn have their own backstory that explains why they emerged from the sea.
  • Fhynna - Sanctuary
    Fhynna - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Perfect world is based on the mythology of the "Pangu".
    So actually the Tideborn is another story I guess.

Just wikipedia the myth, you'll find related things. b:pleased
  • SukkuYann - Heavens Tear
    SukkuYann - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to Fishtaco: if u r playing pwi, u should read all stories, quests etc...
    that's way more interesting than just killing mobs without
    reading story, but anyways, everbody's should do as they like ;)

b:chuckle
  • Dinysucuras - Sanctuary
    Dinysucuras - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Everything died in a flood. Tideborn are mermaids. The flood didn't do a thing to them, and they've been chilling at the bottom of the ocean. Why do you think their city is full of such high-technology? They're ancient. The Tideborn have their own backstory that explains why they emerged from the sea.

high technology? where?
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    u learn most of the tideborn story in the quest right before the coming of age quests with goshiki or w/e his name is. the psys magic and the assassins daggers are actually the most primitive of all the weapons in perfect world.

they are only now emerging from the depths because of a great war they had that nearly put them to extinction and they seek help from the other 3 races to aid them in that war or w/e. also out of all the races the tideborns are the oldest i think. or i missread something.

but ya basically there a lost civilization. similar to the lost city of atlantis. also it should be said that the tideborns in the beggining were a mainly peaceful race. the wars they had underwater with those things (forgot what u call themm, i think nightspike? or something else) borned the assassin and psy. and thru that war they grew and became a "fantastic" warrior race.
  • SukkuYann - Heavens Tear
    SukkuYann - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well said b:pleased
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Stop complaining, go to bed. idiot.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Sylenius - Raging Tide
    Sylenius - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to be precise, the english version of the background story got simplified by at least ~70-80%. There are tons more info in chinese but I guess the translation team decided it is too long and complicated for English players to read and understand (since most dont care anyways as well).

So far the story on the main webpage is old, but not that irrelevant. Pan gu created more being than just the 3 races, there are other beings such as Gods(western and eastern), demons, xian(or semigods), evil spirits, ghosts and so on. (Do you know: wingedelf is born of mix of God and human like Hercules in Greek myth. archer is from human mom and cleric is from god mom,lol?)

Anyways, the story of tideborn comes in light not until a human elementalist broke the barrier on the sea to enter the tideborn world. Before the human thought the 3 races are the only intelligent but turns out there is this tideborn race(which also has a detailed bio in chin). My understanding is that the tideborn is the oldest race among the 4 due to the fact that they probably survived the big flood created by Pan Gu(or actually other Gods in chn version) since they live in water and was barred away from the world. Anyways the story got a little bit messy since TB remembered the 4 race living together while human forgot abt TB...b:laugh

Upon discovery, tideborn and nightspike already in war for a long time. Assin appeared first then later psyc. And with the help of these two professions, the tideborn were able to win, but then later assin and psyc got mad at each other due to different views and training methods. evetually TB themselves got into war. Nightspike were able to sneak in and successfully defeat TB. TB then united and fought off NS and eventually the story begins after TB wants to come back to PW to live with the other 3 races...