Bless on a Herc?

BlaqueSheep - Dreamweaver
BlaqueSheep - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
Got a new herc. Have bash scroll for it. Got thinking. "If the main purpose of a herc is to solo bosses, maybe Blessing of the Pack would let me solo more bosses easier".

I have a golem with 3 attack skills and Roar; as well as other good party support pets.

What do you think? Have any of you put Bless on a herc? Was it worth it? Can you solo more bosses than other Herc venos?
Post edited by BlaqueSheep - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Bless on a herc works for the hard bosses, but it destroy's the herc's ability to hold aggro against regular mobs and easy bosses. So most people who put bless on a herc actually get a second herc and put it on that one. They use the regular herc for most of their gameplay, and pull out the bless herc only for those super-hard bosses.
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've never ever ever heard of someone having multiples of a legendary pet b:shocked. Just seems like a waste of 100 mil.

But a bless herc would be a clever *albeit costly* idea for some of those TT and world bosses. Keep in mind that you wont hold aggro worth a damn against non-? mobs tho.

Also, I wouldn't sub bash for blessing of the pack until you get a nix, otherwise your just severely nerfing your own grinding/questing potential.
  • Devil - Harshlands
    Devil - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Veno on HL has two nixes so that when one dies he can summon the other instantly. Thats seems like a big waste of money to me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esteban - Dreamweaver
    Esteban - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ascii has a herc and exodous has a nix

cleric and mage http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u134/Ryomalol/Random%20Stuff/trollface.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if u can afford it, why not??? after all theres ppl with a herc with claw on it too,... ;-) (or so its been told,... havent exactly seen screenshots ingame of it,... but it should DD better than a scorpion due to the bramble plus the DD ability of claw,... though no bash or so,... so s kinda annoying,... otherwise u gotta remove some of the buffs to add bash,... and that d be like when ur already on ur third herc and havent got a clue what to do with excess millions of money,... XD
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Blessing of the Pack is indeed a great skill for your herc

It allows me to tank big bosses such as Emperor and Armageddon in 3-2 3-3 (multiple heals) and solo heal Belial

Also allows me to tank most of the world bosses in the game, some with the ability to solo heal.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    People trying to sell the skill for more than it's worth are biased. b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited January 2010
    yes because that made sense.
    tweakz pm me when you find someone selling the skill for 5m
  • tweakz
    edited January 2010
    yes because that made sense.
    tweakz pm me when you find someone selling the skill for 5m

^^ This guy resorted to derogatory name calling because I wouldn't offer over 40m for it when coin to gold was 100k per. lol They also lied about what they could do with it. -Beware of these clowns.

A common free pet can tank some world bosses that a same level default skilled herc can't.
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    lies b:chuckle

unless your talking about an eldergoth marksman, which is more effective than a herc in only a handful of situations.
  • Ketki - Sanctuary
    Ketki - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lies b:chuckle

unless your talking about an eldergoth marksman, which is more effective than a herc in only a handful of situations.

I'm curious now. Which situations are eldergoth marksman more effective than herc? For pulling mobs?
    Ketki - Sanctuary
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There's actually quite a lot of bosses which are willing to hit at range - and whose ranged hits are PUNY.

Pretty much everything in FB59 is the most obvious example. Although the eldergolth is weak, it's not THAT weak. Of course, by the time you get them - the herc can tank them. I don't see much demand to tank FB59 in your low 50s :)

I believe several world bosses are even bigger examples.
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Eldergoth has a ranged auto attack, meaning that it keeps enough distance from the mob in order to force it to use its own ranged attack. In some situations, the mob's ranged attack is slower/weaker than its physical attacks, meaning that a marksman will take less overall damage than a herc.

Think quingzi in fb 29, a lvl 53 magmite can solo him, but a 4x marksman can as well (because of the slower/weaker ranged damage).
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Also there are some rare situations where the marksman lures better (Wurlord in TT 2-x comes to mind), because of the distance between the pet and the mobs. Keep in mind tho that a marksman is nowhere near as strong as a herc, just that it has the useful ability to attack from a distance.
  • tweakz
    edited January 2010
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've never ever ever heard of someone having multiples of a legendary pet b:shocked. Just seems like a waste of 100 mil.

omg having multiple nixs for pvp would be soo AWESOME!!
    o you think you can kill my nix, bam here comes another! bahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    omg having multiple nixs for pvp would be soo AWESOME!!
    o you think you can kill my nix, bam here comes another! bahaha

Ok, that's an even crueller reason :)

But yeah, there's a couple of people who have one herxc that has blessing, for tanking every boss ever, and another that has claw (and may not even have strong any more, don't recall) so that it deals the most damage posisble, whilst still tanking a lot of other bosses.

This is indeed a huge expense. Some people have WAY too much coin.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    2nd Herc should have Bash for agro holding. Claw may work over time, but you need bash to grab agro quickly on normal mobs and smaller bosses.

P.S. Bless herc can infact tank the bosses Mystic claims they can, and some don't require 2nd healer
    edited January 2010
    ty Plicid

lets duo Belial later? b:dirty