up dying and i get yelled at but if i don't heal i get yelled at again b:cry

Anyone have a few tips ._.?
Post edited by Moxxie - Harshlands on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Tell the person running ahead to stop being an idiot.

Until the lead person has established aggro, your IH will pull aggro from them. By establish aggro I mean they need to attack the mob, or use an aggro skill.

Explain to them very clearly beforehand that you can't heal them until the have full aggro, and if they still run ahead . . . well that's why you have res.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If they run ahead and aggro multiple mobs like a moron, let them die. That'll be the fastest way for them to learn how to run an FB.

As a wizard, I don't see a problem with sacrificing myself to save the cleric at times. After all, clerics are more important for FB's than a wizard is.

I die, the cleric can res me and we keep going.

Cleric dies, well, we're screwed.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    At lower levels, a lot of people don't know what to do, so the clerics end up dying a lot. x_x

You pull heal aggro when the person aggros mobs, but doesn't attack them somehow. If they're attacking the mob, you won't pull heal aggro, but if they haven't attacked it once, then you will. Don't heal unless you see that they've hit all the mobs that are attacking them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    u cant do much.. plume shell/ih and yell 'aggro' all the time
    and in the end thy will kick u prolly for being bishy b:bye

u may make them do their homework tho and tell to read topic in siggy below =3
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The more annoying types of heal aggro are when you're dealing with multiple monsters. Generally the 'tank' runs off and attacks ONE monster, getting aggro with a group of mobs. You heal him, and then the ones he hasn't attacked come running after you.

It's aggro like that which makes me bring rez scrolls to virtually every event I take part in.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Then dont heal him, he has to learn to aggro all, and death is the best skill book u can give them...after that res them
    b:dirty
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Easier said than done. A cleric who doesn't heal someone (even if for a legitimate reason) tends to get a bad reputation with not just the dead tank but the remainder of the group as well. I'd sooner weather the storm and show them that they're being an idiot than suffer the enmity of the whole squad.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's called being reasonable, if he dies, u can res him....and he will lose what 0.3% exp the most...u die w/o angels u lose allot and if u have angels u lose money.
    There is a difference in saving when something unexpected happens when u should be able to save every one and when someone is playing Rambo. Rambo's = deserve to die.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Tell the melee to keep an eye not only on the mobs hes attacking but the other squads HP as well. Maybe he might notice something hitting the cleric....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver
    MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Easier said than done. A cleric who doesn't heal someone (even if for a legitimate reason) tends to get a bad reputation with not just the dead tank but the remainder of the group as well. I'd sooner weather the storm and show them that they're being an idiot than suffer the enmity of the whole squad.

I'd have to agree with Nelae. You shouldn't feel bad about being held responsible for their carelessness. If you die without another cleric there to revive you, you're either going to suffer a 100% loss for death, use up a Guardian Scroll (which is about 80-100k now on average with the current gold price), and/or a rez scroll (about 50k). If you have to go back to town and run back into the instance to rez everyone else, that takes up even more time.

Case in point, command respect and cooperation from your squad members. Tell them that they must establish aggro before you can heal them. If they don't listen to you and they end up dying, they can get revives from you and only lose a smidge of exp. Actually, most of the time, some squad members realize that the cleric isn't the one who's doing a bad job. The person at fault for pulling all the aggro usually stands out pretty well. ^^

I recently made a cleric and i absolutly love to play it! Except lately i'm

Normally there will be a archer or

someone who goes on ahead and attacks 1 mob that lures 3 to him and is really

close to dying so i heal him stealing aggro on the other two and we both end

up dying and i get yelled at

There have been plenty of posts in another thread about the abuse clerics typically put up with. b:lipcurl Have a veno or a zeal genie pull each mob, so the squad can attack them one at a time. If someone decides to be suicidal and tank 3 mobs without holding aggro, just let that person die. Aggro will reset, the cleric stays alive, and the dead member gets a revive and a good lesson. ;p
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    Henchman - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Here is what i did at your level.

As soon as you fill up your party, you let everyone know, you WILL NOT heal them unless they have hit all the mobs in the attacking mobs. if they dont agree to that they stink anyways. Its only so much our responcibility to not steal aggro, the rest falls on the tank. If we die they cant continue... time for them to cowboy up

Also remember as a cleric, YOU are one of the most important people in the party so dont be afraid to tell them all to get bent :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A little tact doesn't hurt, you know. b:surrender

Most people tend to get it much faster when you explain that the more effort you have to put into keeping YOURSELF alive, the less effort you can put into keeping THEM alive (and if they don't, then you know just what kind of person you're dealing with right off the bat). Same message ('protect me if you want to live'), but a more considerate tone. It also tends to give a better initial impression as opposed to 'I'm the man F U'. >_<

Happy party is relaxed party. Relaxed party is more inclined to play smart and make our jobs easier, as opposed to rushing in order to get done and away from you faster.
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm inclined to lean towards Lady Xelx's post. I won't knowingly let my squad die, even the idiots, but im no fool either when it comes to pulling excess aggro. So far I've been pretty good at keeping myself alive during these events, but I've always told the tanks my greivances and some have come away a little wiser for it.

Call me a carebear if you like, but since my job revolves around saving lives im not going to change that because one player decides he's Chuck Norris incarnate.
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome to a clerics life where you gonna be blamed , yelled , bashed for everything that's other peoples fault.
  • ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Or you can do what I do. Get really good gear and weapon. And pull and tank mobs on your own. Healing yourself and ignoring those who are pulling multiple aggro.

What usually happens is that squad will see me, "cleric", fighting and all jump on the same mob.

And when they ask me to stop and to heal. I'll let them know I'll heal if they grab aggro properly. b:victory

I've even seen a barb get kicked from my squad because he wouldn't grab aggro properly. And I ended up just tanking all the mobs up to and including zimo in bh 59.

A properly educated player will know about heal aggro and will adjust accordingly. Those to stubborn/stupid to learn or to do it properly. Well....you can't heal stupid.....just let them die....
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    meh, that is replacing one evul behavior with other

i wud force low-mid lvl clerics to wear crappy gear and just good weapon so thy can learn some survival skills lol :P
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Amen to that brotha b:victory
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If they run ahead and aggro multiple mobs like a moron, let them die. That'll be the fastest way for them to learn how to run an FB.

Lmao, ^^ strongly support this statement. I only have a low level cleric, as it's not my main, however: I all too often see people taking for granted the fact they have a cleric in group and overstraining the clerics mana/ability to heal for no just reason. Sometimes you should just let natural selection do it's thing and watch idiots die, hopefully they'll learn, if not, at least you don't die due to their stupidity = )
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I figured I'd post it in here since its related to heal aggro. But for some reason, if i ironheart say in-between fights and I'm either targetting a mob or standing near (not close enough to aggro) I aggro like every werewolf archer in broken bow bluff. x_x
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I doubt that, they were always aggro easy...b:surrender
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Until you can get a spiffy skill called wing of protection (high recommend), your best bet is to......keep a distance and tell the barb to use ROAR for the love of god. Job of the cleric is to support and the job of the barb is to be the front line of defense, its not your fault if your trying to keep ppl alive and you take argo, its part of the challenge of the game.

Once you get wing of pro though you can wait for second to make sure the barb is keeping argo before IH, then after awhile throw a wing of pro on him or her then IH away.
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    not sure if it was said or not, but if you are the highest lvl in the squad you will pull aggro all the time... I was in a party with all 50 lvl characters all different classes... and my cleric keep pulling aggro if i attacked anything... even if the barb was so call holding it lol.
    b:victory
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    activate teh anti necro spell~
    necro...
    necro
    necro
    necro....
    rawr~
    there
    that should do it.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How so? The first post is just a week old...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How so? The first post is just a week old...b:surrender

so i herd da necro definition chaynged

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow can't reply to a thread that was last replied to only 3 days ago? Bit excessive don't ya think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow can't reply to a thread that was last replied to only 3 days ago? Bit excessive don't ya think?

1 week old thread is 6.5 month in Hamster years. I vote necro b:laugh