Archer Or Assassin?

RangeHunter - Raging Tide
RangeHunter - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Ok So I'm kinda stuck between the 2. I find melee boring (knights etc) but I've alwaysed enjoyed sins. Looking over the skill tree, It seems Archer has more variety of skills and better, but the Assassin can go invis which is cool.

Then looking at weapon damage, Archer have like more than double the attack power, so I dunno, I just want to know which is best in PvP/PvE?
Post edited by RangeHunter - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Personally i love archers and they are good at both unless ive missed something, but anyway yea personally id play an archer although they do require patience which is why i dont have one. I don't know enough about assassin's to give you an honest answer but if i had to pick i would choose an archer. However, if you wanna learn more about assassin's im sure there are lots of post's on them being OP, unbeatable and all the usual **** b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    il say archer even tho mine is lv 2 O.o (lol)

reasons=

- archers have long range - assasins are melee N squishy
    - archers have barrage of arrows for Rebith - as far as i know assasin doesnt.
    - archers have free wings (rofl)

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evien - Dreamweaver
    Evien - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm gonna go with archer on this one. It may be biased as I am an archer, but to me, archer is 2nd to none in terms of reliability. We can attack from afar, if you get too close, we can use moves to back you up off us. (PvE only, Knockback only works on pets in PvP). While an archer is in fact very fragile (i have almost 400 Dex, so i'm a glass cannon) they are also very VERY deadly. It's a trade off really. Assassins are forced to fight up close, and being that by nature, they're an LA build (if you're pure) you'll be just as squishy, with not as much survivability (at least, in my opinion). The bad thing about it is that either class later on will almost be forced to charm themselves if they are to survive. @80+ Archer, some things that hit me (if they hit me) HURT.. and I mean HURT BAD. It's a toss up to you, but to me, i'd never ever leave home without my Slingshot/Crossbow.

just my 2 cents.

EDIT: i'm not 79, so i'm not sure why it says I am. i'm 81 o_O.....
    ~Shoot First! ...What questions?

~You can not outrun my bow - You'll only make it to HELL out of breath and tired......

[SIGPIC]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/bc13gtrst/Archery-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Evien ~ 8x Female Pure Build Archer ~ Dreamweaver
    Relicant ~ 3x Male Pure Build Wizard ~ Dreamweaver
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Assasins i think are really hard when it comes to killing mobs. Since they attack at close range they get hit ALOT, and have no "protection" skills. Archers have winged shell, which is great for grinding (regens like 370mp at level 10, only 238mp to cast, and absorbs damage) and knockback arrow.

All melee chars either have alot of hp or alot of defense except for assasins which are squishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • ElveZero - Harshlands
    ElveZero - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well assassin still has a few skills yet to come. But for PvE I would say Archer is better, but only because its archer, they always been good really in every game.
    As for PvP, there both basically the same, If its a VS match between the 2 though, well It depends who gets the first hit really.
  • Furtive - Heavens Tear
    Furtive - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    at low lvls sins are really squishy but they get much better at 49+ u only have to be patient :P with spark+bloodpaint u dont use a lot of potsb:pleased
    and for your question i have an archer 78 and this sin 58 and i think both are very good b:victory i chose bothb :laugh onyl problem with sins is that in squads clerics have to pay more attention to sins and they cant attack bosses with aoeb:cry