Is it possible to solo FB29

turdstealer
turdstealer Posts: 16 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
Asked this in quest section, but no answer as of yet...

Is it possible to truly solo FB29? Or do the game/event mechanics require that you be squadded?
Post edited by turdstealer on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I believe you cannot solo any call to duty. The tab will not work because you are not a squad leader if that is what you meant. I remember trying to solo call to duty: (fb79 one) but, was not able to activate the tabs.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • turdstealer
    edited January 2010
    I believe you cannot solo any call to duty. The tab will not work because you are not a squad leader if that is what you meant. I remember trying to solo call to duty: (fb79 one) but, was not able to activate the tabs.

That is exactly what I meant. Thank you. Just got a herc, and figured I can solo the fighting. Is there a level req on squad member? can I squad with a lvl 1 alt (pretty sure the alt will get no xp), or does it require at least 2 squad members of the appropriate level? Final question, does the rest of the squad have to be in the dungeon with me, or can they go about their business elsewhere?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't think the squad has to be in range when you tab, no. Of course they won't get the benefit.

If a member is too low when you tab they don't get the qeuest (so no benefit) but I'm not sure if you need at least one other person who CAN get the quest or not.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    FB29, no. BH29, yes.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes, but not at the level you get it. 41 would be the earliest possible with a marksman, and probably mid-high 40's for safety. It's doable at 43 with a herc. With other pets, low 50's can do it, or 53 for the heal for more safety.
  • turdstealer
    edited January 2010
    Yes, but not at the level you get it. 41 would be the earliest possible with a marksman, and probably mid-high 40's for safety. It's doable at 43 with a herc. With other pets, low 50's can do it, or 53 for the heal for more safety.

43. just got herc a few days ago (thank you boutique sale). But I guess I better get my second box working first, so I can squad with an alt on second account...

Oddly enough, though, you seem to be one of the few cautionary types. Most of the threads I was reading say that with a herc, you can basically do FBs and such at the level you get them.

I'm not that brave, but just wondering if anyone's actually been really successful at doing FB29 at lvl 29, FB39 at lvl 39 etc with a herc but average gear.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm not that brave, but just wondering if anyone's actually been really successful at doing FB29 at lvl 29, FB39 at lvl 39 etc with a herc but average gear.

I got my herc at level 70. Did wined fb79 runs for cash (when the molds were actually worth quite a lot) at level 70. Had a few laggy moments when herc died because i didnt heal on time, or didnt lure the boss(es) properly. But, fb79 was doable at lvl 70. Dont know about other ones because I didnt try to solo any of them at their respective levels.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Several friends have told me that herc can do 89 and low 8x with a second healer and that they have... In fact, I'm waiting for one of them to come at the moment to do the bosses on an instance I've been clearing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • turdstealer
    edited January 2010
    Does gear make a big difference? Since I was saving up for the herc, didn't spend anything on gear. Wearing mostly gear I've gotten as drops or quest rewards, and still have the Trial Pataka as a weapon.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Several friends have told me that herc can do 89 and low 8x with a second healer and that they have... In fact, I'm waiting for one of them to come at the moment to do the bosses on an instance I've been clearing.

iv started doing 89 at level 83 LA veno with herc. Eden of course. all 3 bosses. I havent done brim on my own (crazy life sucking mobs that are almost unkillable alone), because i'm too cheap to buy wine for myself and too low to farm the mats, but all 6 bosses are doable with a herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For hercing bosses, +magic, +matk and +channel help - because, worst case, you want to be able to full-heal in between every attack.

For most bosses though, that's overkill.

Ad yeah, FB29 is *maybe* do-able with the 33 heal and a herc, it probably IS easier with the eldergolth though. I'm now wondering about the low-level ranged cactus.

39 is hercable at level. 51... wyvern isn't really hercable at level, though the other two are - the debuff is NASTY.

59 - The BH bosses at least are do-able from 63, though you really can't lure AND catch on some of them (zimo for example will kill an unbuffed herc) - bu you can tank them.

69 - Polearm will kill a 99 herc, I have been told, and I believe it. Plus a huge and nasty AOE Forget it.

79 is much easier than 69, I tanked that at 74.

And why on earth hadn't I considered 89? Oh yeah - last time I went in I was 65 and the normal mobs took far too long. I'll give that a go. thanks for the suggestion.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just as an update, it seems quite doable... Though, Phelbo (sp) gave us more trouble with two, ironically, than when his random agro killed me and she was solo healing for a while, and herc died a few times, but that was lag on her part and such--I would dual heal for a while, then decide she was doing fine on her own and switch to DDing again, then end up tanking a few hits on my charm and hood while she resed and got agro back, where the random agro ironically was helpful--not an inability to tank it on a whole. Friend was mostly arcane, Lv 82. She had no channel, whereas I have -27%... I probably should've been the one healing it, heh. Sadly, ninetails and thousand year spirit only dropped white items, but we got 6 apocalypse pages out of the run overall, so I'd consider it a success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For hercing bosses, +magic, +matk and +channel help - because, worst case, you want to be able to full-heal in between every attack.

For most bosses though, that's overkill.

Ad yeah, FB29 is *maybe* do-able with the 33 heal and a herc, it probably IS easier with the eldergolth though. I'm now wondering about the low-level ranged cactus.

39 is hercable at level. 51... wyvern isn't really hercable at level, though the other two are - the debuff is NASTY.

59 - The BH bosses at least are do-able from 63, though you really can't lure AND catch on some of them (zimo for example will kill an unbuffed herc) - bu you can tank them.

69 - Polearm will kill a 99 herc, I have been told, and I believe it. Plus a huge and nasty AOE Forget it.

79 is much easier than 69, I tanked that at 74.

And why on earth hadn't I considered 89? Oh yeah - last time I went in I was 65 and the normal mobs took far too long. I'll give that a go. thanks for the suggestion.

an eldergot for fb29 is the way to go,... for those that cant afford a herc,... the eldergoth is the lowest level pet that lets u do it,... (i tried with every nonrare pet i could think of,... XD especially when i had that bh quests in there,... and i have to say, it was very frustrating till i heard about the eldergoths and the way their range changes everything,... ;-) )
    coz if u cant afford a herc at level 33 (which is very likely, since most dont get their herc till level 70plus) than i suggest leveling a bit till u can tame an eldergoth,... i dont know about those cactopods doing it,... but since theyr also ranged i guess they can do it maybe before the level where u get the marksman,... though no idea coz i couldnt be bothered leveling up a cactus since the eldergoth is kinda better,... but before the level where u can get the marksman, its maybe possible to do with a cactus,...

and concerning fb59,... i dont have herc yet,... but i know i can tank it myself while my pets cant,... ;-) though that aint soloing but thats with a cleric,... though i dont see the use of soloing fb59 unless ur very very very bored,... ;-)
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    rinuruc wrote: »
    an eldergot for fb29 is the way to go,... for those that cant afford a herc,... the eldergoth is the lowest level pet that lets u do it,... (i tried with every nonrare pet i could think of,... XD especially when i had that bh quests in there,... and i have to say, it was very frustrating till i heard about the eldergoths and the way their range changes everything,... ;-) )
    coz if u cant afford a herc at level 33 (which is very likely, since most dont get their herc till level 70plus) than i suggest leveling a bit till u can tame an eldergoth,... i dont know about those cactopods doing it,... but since theyr also ranged i guess they can do it maybe before the level where u get the marksman,... though no idea coz i couldnt be bothered leveling up a cactus since the eldergoth is kinda better,... but before the level where u can get the marksman, its maybe possible to do with a cactus,...

and concerning fb59,... i dont have herc yet,... but i know i can tank it myself while my pets cant,... ;-) though that aint soloing but thats with a cleric,... though i dont see the use of soloing fb59 unless ur very very very bored,... ;-)

I heard that fb59 is best for rep farming though
    I kill things b:victory
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just as an update, it seems quite doable... Though, Phelbo (sp) gave us more trouble with two, ironically, than when his random agro killed me and she was solo healing for a while, and herc died a few times, but that was lag on her part and such--I would dual heal for a while, then decide she was doing fine on her own and switch to DDing again, then end up tanking a few hits on my charm and hood while she resed and got agro back, where the random agro ironically was helpful--not an inability to tank it on a whole. Friend was mostly arcane, Lv 82. She had no channel, whereas I have -27%... I probably should've been the one healing it, heh. Sadly, ninetails and thousand year spirit only dropped white items, but we got 6 apocalypse pages out of the run overall, so I'd consider it a success.

the secret to killing phelbo solo is this.. you know how it amps right? it will talk to you before each amp. You put your pet on follow when you see it talking and make the boss go ranged. Your able to heal straight threw the debuff. I alwasy take a step back when it inches itself twards me.. staying behind the herc helps too, it'll be able to reagroo faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]