Flying Pets in FB.

Options
Atramoria - Dreamweaver
Atramoria - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
So... I understand why we can't have any mounts in FB's, but.. what I don't understand is why we can't have flying pets. Can someone explain? It doesn't make sense to me. I'd really like to be able to use ALL my pets if necessary, that's why I have them to begin with.
Post edited by Atramoria - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah! thats right!
    if i want to train a flying pet and activate it, it would be a good way in a fb or bh, but its forbidden there!! b:angry

and if it said that there isnt any flying mobs, WHY NOT?
    there must be a change for the fbs there are really a way to equal, they must be some flying-fbs and diving fbs too!!!
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    #1 reason why there aren't any flying pets allowed in instances: You can glitch bosses and monsters to prevent any damage to yourself, and make the game absurdly easy.

To Ladyamen: By adding flying and underwater Fb's you potentially unbalance the entire game, as people who do not spend money or aren't winged elves have a huge disadvantage in airspeed, and 85% of players are incredably slow underwater. Also, the changes in coding that would have to be done would be enormous, and I highly doubt that the developers would be looking for that.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    Guepard - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes with baby pets.
    No with venos pets.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    #1 reason why there aren't any flying pets allowed in instances: You can glitch bosses and monsters to prevent any damage to yourself, and make the game absurdly easy.
    No you can't as that would require the boss to fall under a few conditions that pretty much none of them after FB19 have. In fact, you'd have a greater concern with the pet getting stuck in the ground as already happens than bugging any bosses.
    To Ladyamen: By adding flying and underwater Fb's you potentially unbalance the entire game, as people who do not spend money or aren't winged elves have a huge disadvantage in airspeed, and 85% of players are incredably slow underwater. Also, the changes in coding that would have to be done would be enormous, and I highly doubt that the developers would be looking for that.
    Again... not really. Try going to Dragon temple sometime to see that doing things underwater isn't as huge of a fuss as you make it out to be. As for the whole "airspeed disadvantage", it's not an air race. It's a FB. People wouldn't be able to fly off because there would be monsters and the like they'd have to deal with. Your speed argument honestly has about the same merit as a wiz complaining that the game is unfair because Barbs can run over twice as fast as they can.

At OP: For baby pets, sure (even though it'd be annoying extra code to have to separate baby class pet summoning from normal pets). For regular pets the real reason why it won't happen is simple. Phoenix + Herc buffs = Better tank than herc itself. Since that would make PWI lose money from selling hercs, it naturally won't happen.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Since that would make PWI lose money from selling hercs, it naturally won't happen.

They both come from the same item, so it doesn't matter at all.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They both come from the same item, so it doesn't matter at all.

It does, because if they didn't need the herc for instances, they would only buy one and not the other. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."