AoE Grinding

Ketki - Sanctuary
Ketki - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
I've got my herc very recently and I've been testing him. No need to say again that herc is awesome lol.

I'm using bash skill, but for AoE grind with Herc Reflect skill isn't Roar a better choice? I remember when I used to play with my barb I saw many venos AoE grinding physical mobs. Is it Roar a better choice for this grind?

Thanks in advance.
Ketki - Sanctuary
Post edited by Ketki - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd say bash is the better choice, because, roar can steal aggro, but bash generates aggro as so does reflect on the herc.
    >.<
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    roar resets aggro, whereas bash builds aggro hella fast. Just get one bash and a few normal shots on each mob and you wont loss aggro when you start aoeing
  • Ketki - Sanctuary
    Ketki - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When you guys mean AoE are including Noxious Parasite skill or you're just including Herc reflect skill? Because I did what you're suggesting, hitting with bash 1 monster then normal hitting the others. Then I cast noxious parasite and there's always a monster coming for me. Wouldn't roar force them to hit Herc instead of coming to attack me?
    Ketki - Sanctuary
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Roar, when used, resets the aggro on a monster to the pet. Doesn't seem to matter how much it hated you before, it now hates the pet.

But, and here's the catch:

It's NOT an area-effect the way the barb roar is.
    The mob doesn't hate the pet very *much* - your next attack will often steal.

So roar would be good if you find that one single monster is coming for you and you want to stop it. (Pounce is ALSO good for this, of course)

All you need to do is let the herc gain more aggro before you hit noxious - I find three good smacks from the herc before moving on to collect the next monster is usually good enough.