I need more HP!!!

Options
Himawary - Sanctuary
Himawary - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
I'm lvl 61 and all my points go to mag. I added to str too for my armor , in dex & vit i have just a few points.
I die very fast even with mobs under my lvl. Today I died 7 times and im really bored and pissed of. I always need to have squad to do my quests and I cant bother my friends all the time, they are higher lvl and have their own things to do.
Should I add my future points to vit to get more HP or what should I do to be stronger?
b:sad
Post edited by Himawary - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Naevo - Lost City
    Naevo - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm lvl 61 and all my points go to mag. I added to str too for my armor , in dex & vit i have just a few points.
    I die very fast even with mobs under my lvl. Today I died 7 times and im really bored and pissed of. I always need to have squad to do my quests and I cant bother my friends all the time, they are higher lvl and have their own things to do.
    Should I add my future points to vit to get more HP or what should I do to be stronger?

Tell me what skill-combo you use when you kill mobs.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Learn to live with it. You playing mage the hardest class to play. This is the price what we pay while we became at the end the most powerful class ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You got a seal and a knock back skill. You're gonna have to learn to cycle them.

If worst comes to worst, put your vit equal to your level.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One word, kite.

Don't let the mob hit you, and you won't die. You can't expect to just stand there and have 3 mobs hitting you and survive if you were robes or even LA. Leave that to the BM's and barbs
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ._.
    me think you need more magic.
    b:chuckle

get your TT60 weapon and use all your crowd control skills (force of will, will of the phoenix) in teh correct way and everything becomes easy.
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ._.
    me think you need more magic.
    b:chuckle

get your TT60 weapon and use all your crowd control skills (force of will, will of the phoenix) in teh correct way and everything becomes easy.
    d(^.-d)

FoW and WotP arent crowd control....
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited January 2010
    Options
    FoW and WotP arent crowd control....

yes....yes....they be crowd control.
    any skill that effectively disables one or more mobs be categorized as a "crowd control" skill.

._.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes....yes....they be crowd control.
    any skill that effectively disables one or more mobs be categorized as a "crowd control" skill.

._.

i consider crowd control something...controls a crowd(i.e. Roar of the Pride). FoW is a control skill(sage version is crowd control) and WotP is...a knockback...that doesnt work in pvp....dont consider...oh wait we talking pve b:surrender

i gotta make me some coffee
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i consider crowd control something...controls a crowd(i.e. Roar of the Pride). FoW is a control skill(sage version is crowd control) and WotP is...a knockback...that doesnt work in pvp....dont consider...oh wait we talking pve b:surrender

i gotta make me some coffee

WotP = aoe knockback on mobs.....
    ._.
    FoW = still be crown control...even if it targets only a single target since the crowd as a whole becomes weaker...
    b:surrender
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Crowd_control
    ya....
    ._.'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pel - Lost City
    Pel - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Utilize Fow, Phoenix and Blink. Alternate those to keep the mob away from you, and always have a gush on them to debuff their speed while they're trying to get back to you. Lead with a nuke (Sandstorm, Divine Pyro, or Glacial snare) preferably one that is lvl'd enough so that it has decent range.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    50 base vit isn't a bad idea tbh.
  • seiferslide
    seiferslide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if you want more hp .. roll a barb or a BM... they are a more useful class anywayb:victory
  • Zaelmith - Sanctuary
    Zaelmith - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if you want more hp .. roll a barb or a BM... they are a more useful class anywayb:victory

you're actually saying that on the wizard forum? :|

anyways...shards can give you more hp but for fighting mobs kiting is the best solution as the others have said
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

if u have problems killing mobs as a pure wizard in the 60s, roll another class, wizard is not for you.
    b:bye

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    maybe you tried on the rattus cadaveristsb:chuckle
    if so, forget them and trash the quest
  • Jhestyr - Harshlands
    Jhestyr - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    more hp once u already 60 can be tricky. citrine shards for your armor can add a few hp. lvl 7 shards give 40 hp apiece but they cost 350 to 400k.. lvl 6 a lot cheaper and give 32 hp. also bust out some of thosee mirage stones your not using and refine... for your level assuming u have 50 to 60 gear a +1 on armor gives about +17 hp per refine up to +3 (after that it gets higher but kind of a waste for gear u be replacing soon anyway) with all of this you can pretty cheaply get a feew hundred extra hp... but will 200-400 hp really help?... one or two hits at most... so you are prolly best served by following others advise about learning to use kiting force of will and phoenix well.. also fly out of range when u accidentally agro more mobs than u can handle.... gl
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Agreed with Cholla
    Go with her advice.

Stick it out til 77+ (you want to invest good cit shards in the 77 leg chest and sleeves - it'll be a good investment)
    But if you're skilled at your class, upgrading with cit shards should NOT make your wiz playable.
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Average citrine shards are 60k each, and give 25 HP. You probably have ~8-10 sockets in your armor. Cheap 200-250 HP. Don't bother with more expensive shards at that level.
  • Tuurlijk - Sanctuary
    Tuurlijk - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Add some hp gems in your armor and that would be it, youre a wizzy, youre supposed to kill the mob before it gets you >.<
  • Mahi - Harshlands
    Mahi - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    learn to kite .. you have more distance than most other classes if you can't hit and run ... wizards are not for you.