Sage Vs. Demon

2»

Comments

• Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    roman6 wrote: »
    hahahhah oh wow, i see you are from heavens tear server. always comparing skills vs mobs b:chuckle i dont pve anymore bud, just pvp

lol, if you haven't noticed not everyone is pvp only, many people are pve only hence the pve servers. If he's arguing for why ___ is better for pve, why the hell are you bringing up pvp examples?! That makes no sense, and once again 15% is WEAPON DAMAGE not overall damage.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    draw blood doesnt work like flesh realm...

and roman get back into the game newb, at least to till next TW
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    draw blood doesnt work like flesh realm...

Not it doesnt, draw blood itself doesnt increase agro like flesh ream.. but the DoT of it all adds to your agro score
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The damage increase sage mastery gives over demon mastery can be effectively countered by adding an extra refine (and if you go past +3 or +4 you will actually get more damage from a single refine) or upgrading to higher grade attack gems. This is a moot argument... however the +1% crit cannot be refined, though it can now be sharded.

Both sides have their benefits and drawbacks, however the primary BH skill Heaven's Flame amp duration bonus will be great for bosses/HH, Aura's 75% + 75% (when spammed), from what I hear, is well liked in LG.

I went demon, but I didn't see much about sage I didn't like either. It's not clear-cut like I think it is with archers (demon) or venos (sage).
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you're pure axe then you might want to consider going sage. However the majority of demon skills are better for pvp. Sage advantages for an axe bm are: Axe mastery, Alter Marrow Physical, Highland Cleave, Aeolian Blade, Roar of the Pride (debatable).
    But yeah Demon Drake Bash and Heaven's Flame are far superior. Demon Aura+Alter Marrow Magical can be combo'd for great def all around. Drake Sweep is much better demon, same with fan of flames. Diamond Sutra is much better demon, same with drake's ray. And personally I prefer Demon Spark, the extra atk speed is really nice.

Oh yeah I went demon because I'm axe/fist hybrid and I like to PvP.

Demon FtW

I'm a DD. I went Demon for the dmg, the 2 spark ultimate attacks when combo'd as a demon are insanely strong. I'm now Mastered at all Axe and Nearly All Sword, I use a Single Blade Sword and my dmg is so damn good with my demon spark I usually rip agro. That is without using any skills, the sword is just so damn fast.
    I want to eventually have enough dex for the Deiceide and master fist attacks.
    Demon fist mastery is a chunk of crit xD

ADD:
    Sage imo is a choice for PvEr's mainly. The extra chi from there attacks and skills gives them more chi to spark, doing overall more dmg.
    Altho! The speed of a demon's spark swing gain's a great deal of chi.
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    Sewagerat - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Firstly, if your roar then it is very easy to triple spark.
    Secondly, consider the fact that it is very hard to get all the skills and if you can then they'll be very expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked OMG HERB!!!!!!