Help with Combo?

AssassinRage - Dreamweaver
AssassinRage - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
Hi I just reached lvl 29 and i would really like it if somebody could help me with a good combo that i should use. ty b:pleased
Post edited by AssassinRage - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    puncture wound > rib strike > slipstream

kills most mobs your level for a long time lol
  • AssassinRage - Dreamweaver
    AssassinRage - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:laugh k ty i was thinking something along those lines
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just got to 29 too and I was playing around with the new skills. :D

The combo that really made me **** was Tackling Slash > Puncture Wound > Deep Sting > *Move away a bit* > Throw Knife.

It sounds long, but it really isn't, and it pays off well. On a non-aggro melee mob, because of it's range, Tackling Slash immobilzes most of the enemies at a point where they can't reach to attack you. Puncture wound is similar, and because they're immobile, no damage taken. Deep Strike is to put the foe to sleep after (or even during) immobilization. Move a distance and use knife throw so the enemy has to run to reach you, at which point you can rinse and repeat.

Haven't made up anything for ranged/aggro mobs yet~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol the last part with the moving and throwing knife isn't nessecary(<got the feeling i spelled this wrong). just use slipstream gives more dmg. since throwing knife is useless and does almost no dmg....i don't even bother lvling it.
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol the last part with the moving and throwing knife isn't nessecary(<got the feeling i spelled this wrong). just use slipstream gives more dmg. since throwing knife is useless and does almost no dmg....i don't even bother lvling it.

Throw knife is useful lvling depending if you are going to PvP or not b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    if u go pvp u won't need it in the earlier lvls so jstu lvl it later and for interrupting throat cut will me much more effective. even tho knife throw is ranged u won't need it sicne u can teleport to ur target. far more usefull. so it shouldn't be lvled untill higher lvls and even then ints not absolutly nessecary. tho tis my opinion....u can lvl what u think is best for u^^
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I noticed that some of the mobs around the lvl 25 - 35 so far have been ranged mobs like archers & the likes.

Also, some mobs like to "run away", and they're a pain in the ****.

The combo's i use are simple :

1. : Knife throw - jump
    2. : Puncture wound - ribstrike - slipstream - normal atk - ....

The first combo gets the mob running to me, then i jump in and start the second combo before they can run away (if they're ranged).

I find that by going for maximum damage & crit, mobs may hit me but they are down fast before they do serious damage.

As for the knife throw not being useful : it does do some damage (albeit not much), and therefore i use it to do damage "before" i get hit.

The more dmg i can do to a mob in less time, the better.
    edited January 2010
    now that u mention the ranged mobs. did u realize that we sins are best suited to kill them?. lots of skilsl to prevent them from running and duo teleport we are instantly in melee range making them do half dmg. i like that cause its easier to kill ranged mobs than melee who are very strong in dealing dmg. and now to those who will argument with the little range of some skills to prevent the mobs from getting to u. it doesn't work as good as many said. i tried it but because of some bugs we cannot use this combo effectively so yeah ranged mobs are easiest to kill