hp goes down wayy too quick x.x

Options
LoveVsHate - Harshlands
LoveVsHate - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
hi im really annoyed with having to meditate every 2 or 3 mobs i kill... my stats r 11 vit 10 mag 30 str 89 dex and im lvl 25 atm and i need a few opinions on what i should do.. (not with armor +s)
i have 842 hp and 628 mp (not with armor +s)
with my armor and wep i have 18 vit 11 mag 31 str and 100 dex..
hp-948 mp-678
physical attack-302-389

my question is what should i put my points into when i lvl up? more vit or keep going at +1 str +4 dex??
b:sad plz help i suck b:chuckle

im not sure y it says im lvl 23.. im lvl 25
Post edited by LoveVsHate - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, to start, u shouldnt have put points into mag b:surrender
    I just use pure dex build (4dex 1str) cuz ppl says that at lvl 30 it becomes easier with that build and the skills u learn from 29culti so I highly recommend u to follow the pure dex build. b:coolb:laughb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miharu - Raging Tide
    Miharu - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Honstly im half tempted to quit a sin because it dies so fast. ive been stuck at 19% for a day now, and thats through 10k exp quests. It doesnt get easier at level 30

and i play sins on every other mmo that i can. but this just sucks o.o
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Honstly im half tempted to quit a sin because it dies so fast. ive been stuck at 19% for a day now, and thats through 10k exp quests. It doesnt get easier at level 30

Well, at my lvl i already evade alot of hits-i love when it says "miss"b:laugh- and at lvl 30 u get the rank equipment and the new skills, that should be enough to make things easier than before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear38
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear38 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    For starters: Never EVER put any points into magic. It's 100% pointless for any non-magic class! (Barbarian, Blademaster, Assassin, Archer)

I've looked into the weapons and armors for assassins, and every level you are REQUIRED to put 1 point into Str, and 3 points into Dex, if you want to wear gear of your level.

That said, you only have 1 point to play with per level, for a pure damage build, which is what you will want later in the game, it should go into dex, making your stat placement:
    1 Str, 4 Dex - each and every level

however you can choose to be a hybrid with higher health, but lower damage / crit rate, to do this, put that spare point into Vit every level, making your build look something like:
    1 Str, 1 Vit, 3 Dex - each and every level.

I had a lot of trouble with my assassin having to rest and use potions alot at lower levels, but once I got to 34 and got the skill "Bloodpaint" things started to get easier, and things picked up even more at around level 50. However now that i've hit level 60, I can move between mobs with little to no resting time since i kill so fast, and recover so much HP with my attacks.

~Murloc
  • LoveVsHate - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok ty but i cant really do anything about it now x.x
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

your not good at the playing style for sin here. i've died 3 times or so to 61 :P. yes it take alot of dmg, but stuff dies fast too.
    jsut get the hell away, if u get ganked by mobs lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Noxin - Dreamweaver
    Noxin - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    your not good at the playing style for sin here. i've died 3 times or so to 61 :P. yes it take alot of dmg, but stuff dies fast too.
    jsut get the hell away, if u get ganked by mobs lol.

This

Happy Gaming

Nox
    - Lvl 95 Veno, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 60 Cleric, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 80 Assa, Dreamwaver
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ya might as well reroll the points in mag are wasted... 4 dex-1 str dmg build (really tough at lower lvls but once u get blood paint at 34 itll be easier) or hybrid 3/1/1 dex-str-vit, less squishy but youll lose i believe 100-200 atk by 80 and like 4% crit chance but gain like 800-1k hp (dodge and accuracy im not sure) this is a rough estimate

sins i find are like BMs tough to play at early levels but rock later on it just takes patience...if u arnt a huge pvp'er though and want a easier pve class play veno or psy >.>

want something that doesnt die very quickly play a barb they even get a high hp regen =p
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hehe get a veno i almost never meditate i just switch my life points with mana points and keep on grinding baby, but anyway dont expect to be super on that low level wait till u get to like 39 this when you'll be more or less able to keep mobs away from your self
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok ty but i cant really do anything about it now x.x

you can remake your character
    or else buy a reset note, but learning from your mistakes and making a new char is cheaper lol
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Farming golden herb and nectar to make your own life powder makes assassins a lot more survivable without meditating/going through a lot of pots at the low levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Outlaw_Sin - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Sin - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    either get a hp charm or harvest herbs to make pots. i use a hp charm and find it possible to solo florafang and frang. bother at level 30 but i didn't even use my level up points at the time. using my level 19 dagger of trails daggers. with some normal healing pots to use if things got dicey. (note tree of protection may be better) granted i almost dies on 2 occasions and it was a bit of a waste to some hp on the charms, but it just goes to show how effective they are.
  • LoveVsHate - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i have a veno b:chuckle lvl 32 i like it but i wanted to try something a lil difference.. more of a up close attack class

k ill prolly just save my in game cash for 3 gold.. its a pain in the **** to start over b:shocked b:surrender

thanx for the tip about the life powder
    as for the tree of protection skill.. is that a genie skill? if it is then ill prolly wait and save my spirit until lvl 29 then get it..

^^ tyvm for the advice
  • Avoniz - Harshlands
    Avoniz - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This game is all about offense in PvP due to the presence of charms. Also at end game PvP level you will be forced to have a huge budget to cover your weaknesses, if your rolling with a pure you will need to refine your armors for HP bonus and perhaps your ornaments for the extra defense not to mention spend a LOTs of coins if you don't merchant/run TTs into your weapon. If you die in PvE with a charm and pots you need to L2P b:laugh
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For starters: Never EVER put any points into magic. It's 100% pointless for any non-magic class! (Barbarian, Blademaster, Assassin, Archer)

I've looked into the weapons and armors for assassins, and every level you are REQUIRED to put 1 point into Str, and 3 points into Dex, if you want to wear gear of your level.

That said, you only have 1 point to play with per level, for a pure damage build, which is what you will want later in the game, it should go into dex, making your stat placement:
    1 Str, 4 Dex - each and every level

however you can choose to be a hybrid with higher health, but lower damage / crit rate, to do this, put that spare point into Vit every level, making your build look something like:
    1 Str, 1 Vit, 3 Dex - each and every level.

I had a lot of trouble with my assassin having to rest and use potions alot at lower levels, but once I got to 34 and got the skill "Bloodpaint" things started to get easier, and things picked up even more at around level 50. However now that i've hit level 60, I can move between mobs with little to no resting time since i kill so fast, and recover so much HP with my attacks.

~Murloc

OK wait... I have a question... About this don't put any points on magic...

THEN WHY DOES USING YOUR SKILLS REQUIRE MANA!!!!????

And all the potions in the world can't supply enough mana fast enough to do boss runs & so forth if your overall mana capacity is tiny. Waiting for pots to load up & wasting them on small mana capacity is just ridiculous. Not to mention the waste of any mana charms ticking away like crazy on a short mana bar.

So far no one addresses this that I've read.

I think you guys dream too much about how these characters would be like in real life & fail to operate within the parameters that they actually are in.
  • Avoniz - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

And all the potions in the world can't supply enough mana fast enough to do boss runs & so forth if your overall mana capacity is tiny. Waiting for pots to load up & wasting them on small mana capacity is just ridiculous. Not to mention the waste of any mana charms ticking away like crazy on a short mana bar.

I think you guys dream too much about how these characters would be like in real life & fail to operate within the parameters that they actually are in.

If your gonna put some points into magic, just quit the game, effing work and buy a mp charm that will last you a month.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

hey look i have 5 magic o=
    i can skill spam continuously just by using mana pots

you don't need to put point in magic -_-

edit: btw do you even understand how a charm works?
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

If you put points into magic, therefore gimping your attack, you're going to need to spam skills even more. Putting more points into magic wont make up for the fact that you have to use a lot of skills, it will just make you use even MORE skills. It doesn't solve the problem, the problem will remain the same as before.
  • Avoniz - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hey look i have 5 magic o=
    i can skill spam continuously just by using mana pots

you don't need to put point in magic -_-

edit: btw do you even understand how a charm works?

You mean when your mp gets below 50% it automatically refill it up with a 10 sec cooldown for the next tick? Of course I do, or else this game's PvP would be a joke and every fight would be settled in 1-2 hit.

Edit: my bad wasn't targeting me haha, and yeah dummy the ticks will only subtract what you used from your charm so you get to burn the charm without wasting a drop of MP.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You mean when your mp gets below 50% it automatically refill it up with a 10 sec cooldown for the next tick? Of course I do, or else this game's PvP would be a joke and every fight would be settled in 1-2 hit.

Edit: my bad wasn't targeting me haha, and yeah dummy the ticks will only subtract what you used from your charm so you get to burn the charm without wasting a drop of MP.

lol yeahs
    thou mp charms tick at 75% and have a 5 second cooldown
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

That number should be 75% b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Avoniz - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That number should be 75% b:laugh

Yeah my bad, I never paid attention to my MP, because it never ever came close to 0, I wouldn't even mind if the tick would be at 25%, because I could throw in a event pot dose b:thanks. Also thanks for reminding me, I'm only used to look at my Hp tick at 50%. All about the PvP b:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Considering that PvE servers are more popular than PvP servers, I sort of doubt that "[t]his game is all about offense in PvP."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm nearly lvl 40 now, not a hardcore gamer but I think the worst part is gone. At least what everybody calls the "worst part". To be honest I never really had that much trouble. I never got killed by normal mob but by a level "??" boss that one-shot me (yeah I was careless). 4 dex/1 str build. I really don't see what's all the comotion about. Oh and haven't bought gold (yet) so no charms. Potions do a fine job if you don't mind spending some coins. IMHO playing an assassin isn't easy but it's just not as difficult as some people say it is.
  • Orintaz - Raging Tide
    Orintaz - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just go pure dex(1str/4dex per level) ~_~ it gets better at higher levels...
  • Piper_Shiva - Harshlands
    Piper_Shiva - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Farming golden herb and nectar to make your own life powder makes assassins a lot more survivable without meditating/going through a lot of pots at the low levels.

This.

I do this a lot. Also, remember that once you get the force stealth skill, you can ninja vanish if you get into trouble with similarly leveled characters and mobs.

Additionally, with focus powder, you can permacloak if necessary and sneak around high aggro enemies.
  • WarsouI - Sanctuary
    WarsouI - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my guardian hp charm lasted about 40 level, not having any problems, get some pots and since you kill monster pretty quick i don't see any problem at all.
  • Starman - Heavens Tear
    Starman - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To be honest...yes I find a sin takes alot of damage.

The problem is that you have to start fighting a mob with a full HP-bar almost each time. Very seldom that my HP doesnt go down after fighting a mob.

My sin is level 42 now. I personally use Focus powder and Life powder. And even sometimes use a heal/mana pot. I also need to meditate often. Just to start with a full HP bar on another mob.

In my opinion we need a little more of evade or something to be a little less vulnerable, because we take magic damage but also we take melee damage.
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    Vorhes - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In my opinion you guys need to pay more attention to what the skills can do to the mobs and adjust them to your own strategies,i don't use life power at all hp pots are there for just incase of a situation , however i need mp pots up the rear to do the appropriate skills at the time but i have genie skill secondwind which i only use when my hp loss is 75%
  • Nibbler - Dreamweaver
    Nibbler - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Haha and here I was thinking Sin is so fun and easy to play. My build is 4dex/1str tho and this char is only a few days old and I'm lvling like crazy :D.

I have a psychic lvl 60 too but I quit that, it's a good class, but the low amount of skills, is so enervating, and I hate the fact u have to rely on the soulforce.

All in all very happy with Sin b:pleased

Edit, i don't know why my avatar says lvl 1, i'm currently lvl 46 :)

And for Christs sake, use the skills, makes it so much easier.
    If u want a ****ty starter class, go wizzie, bleeeh, they only start to get good around lvl 60 -_-.