WTB server transfer.

Eorween - Heavens Tear
Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
very simple reason..

HT latency 150+
DW 30-50

PWI can make it with a zen ticket purchase, not gold
so they are for sure getting pay for this process.
Post edited by Eorween - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    They have said no a few times, but still, we players want to do it!

I would really pay for it, so, pretty please, listen to our plea
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's too easy to be abused. You can use the transfers to get away from a bad reputation, or level up in a safe PvE environment and then move to a PvP server and pwn everyone that leveled up in the rougher server.

Side note: Aedrian's not allowed to leave :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    idk what it all means but if it means possible server tranfer i say yesb:victory dont have to be that cheap so they cant abuse or they just money wasters wich is good for company XD
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well what if it had certain restrictions?

Such as you could only bring gear levels ~1-30 over to the other server. and no gold. and the remaining gear is put like in a specialized safe with certain restrictions. (no limit to how much it can hold. but items can only be taken out. and swapping items is not doable.) perhaps things like safe stones may or may not turn back into their item counterparts and put into this safe.

And perhaps, since i know PWE would be all for this option, charging money for items that allow the transfer of an item or two from said safe onto your migrated character. there would be separate items that allow you to withdraw certain items. i.e. one for 5 gold that allows you to transfer one or two level 21-30 gears. another one costs 15 gold and allows you to transfer one or two level 31-40 gears. etc. something like that. but you cannot withdraw, say, a bundle of phoenix feathers if you have already withdrawn all of them on one of your chars on the previous server.
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not surprised to see this topic pop up again. This has been appearing on and off since the east coast servers were first brought up. I was one of the main people fighting for this to happen and after a while I just gave up. Trust me, it's never gonna happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I support the server transfer of characters as long as it's only Pvp to PvE or PvE to PvE.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1. It will only be from PvP Server to PvP Server
    2. They're will be no xfer from PvE to PvP Server for obvious reasons
    3. Obviously you can xfer PvE to PvE lol..
    Fully support this b:victory
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Those amendments don't address the reputation side of it. Same reason they don't offer name changes. If you scam and cheat and lie on one server, you shouldn't have the ability to transfer to another server where no one knows your name and start it all over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Those amendments don't address the reputation side of it. Same reason they don't offer name changes. If you scam and cheat and lie on one server, you shouldn't have the ability to transfer to another server where no one knows your name and start it all over.

If you scam and cheat on one server, you should be banned.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    If you scam and cheat on one server, you should be banned.

People are usually banned temporarily, and then come back a few days later. I've seen it plenty of times. It could be something as simple as stealing molds in FBs constantly and building up a bad reputation. That character shouldn't be able to move to a new server with no consequences and continue what they were doing with no reputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Strike #1 you can't xfer server if you have been previously banned
    Strike #2 GM's announce that scamming player x has joined this server
    Strike #3 I'm clueless b:victory
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    announcing a scamming player won't help much. it'd probably be done through duke shouts and how many people actually pay attention to that. not to mention for the ones that do if they are actually online to see it popup. If someone really wants to be on a different server they can reroll, If they want the lvls of they're old character they can oracle, If they want the items of they're old character they can sell gold and buy it.
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    announcing a scamming player won't help much. it'd probably be done through duke shouts and how many people actually pay attention to that. not to mention for the ones that do if they are actually online to see it popup. If someone really wants to be on a different server they can reroll, If they want the lvls of they're old character they can oracle, If they want the items of they're old character they can sell gold and buy it.

I wasnt being fully serious when I typed that b:pleased
  • Hitumura - Lost City
    Hitumura - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well they could do this for marketing purposes... Just charge 200 gold to do it XD (not like they are already costing some players rent >.<)