Build Questions

talltales
talltales Posts: 12 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
So, I just created my psychic today. Safe to say, as with all of the other characters I have ever created, what build to use confuses me the most. This character especially since there is not that much info on it yet. xD

So far (only level 4, mind you <_<'), I've been adding 1 str + 1 dex + 3 mag every level. Didn't think it would cause too much damage yet since I am such a low level. Before I go on, should I switch to a different build? If so, which one? Annnnnd... *alert of lame question* what armor should I use with said build?

Sorry for lame questions D:.. Build have always been something I have not been able to to quite grasp.
Post edited by talltales on

Comments

• Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You don't want to skill any Dex on Psychics. They are casters, you should go Pure mag I think.

4 mag 1 str every odd level, 5 mag every even level.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Kosmo - Harshlands
    Kosmo - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ur current build is a light armour build. while it decreases ur attk power a little @ higher lvls, u'll get more survivablilty and criticals,..

otherwise u can try pure mag, or vit build.

PS i m usin same build as u
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You don't want to skill any Dex on Psychics. They are casters, you should go Pure mag I think.

4 mag 1 str every odd level, 5 mag every even level.

This.
    ur current build is a light armour build. while it decreases ur attk power a little @ higher lvls, u'll get more survivablilty and criticals,..

otherwise u can try pure mag, or vit build.

PS i m usin same build as u

Not this.

LA will provide slightly more defense while taking a large chunk of your damage away. It's used by some Wizards at low levels to get to the point where they can really start to kill fast. However, at that point, they restat to AA build. The same would be true for Psychics, except for the fact that we hit much harder than Wizards early on.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Titan_itachi - Raging Tide
    Titan_itachi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    my psychic is pure magic (9 magic 1 str every 2 levels )and this is light armor build (6 magic 2 str 2 dex every 2 levels )as you can see pure magic build gets 3 more magic points than you every 2 levels and when you will become higher the damage difference would become clear .and this is why-> level 11 pure magic will have 50 magic and 10 str while light armor will have 35 magic,15 str and 15 dex and the higher you become the more this difference in magic increases.as psychis are damage dealers you really count on killing the mob before it hits you. you dont have to worry about bosses or dungeon mobs since its the barbs job to ensure that squishy classes stay safe also the critical increase you get form the dex points is hardly reliable you are not a dex based build like archers or assassins so you cant really relay on critical hits to save you .but thats up to you to decide