Oh Mai Gawd.

ignaeshius
ignaeshius Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
b:shocked

I just learned of the conversion rate of USD to ZEN to Gold, and I am absolutely dumbfounded at the audacity that PWE has to demand up to Seventy Dollars for an in-game item. Other items aren't too cheap, either (2-5 dollars for 1 piece of clothing?!).

The sad thing is, a lot of people actually comply with this utter imprudence, paying these crazy amounts of money for items that don't benefit them AT ALL in the real world.

Thankfully, cash shop/boutique items are not a necessity to do well in Perfect World, however, just the thought of these downright unreasonable fees is enough to turn me away from this game. Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand to play a game when in full knowledge that the creators are the digital equivalent of ticket scalpers at a popular band's concert.

I've only reached level 20 in this game so far, but that character won't be touched for a long, long time (if ever again). Hopefully one day things will change for the better, but until then I bid you all a happy new year's evening.
Post edited by ignaeshius on

Comments

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's as simple as this. Don't buy gold if you don't like the prices. Other people like me don't mind the prices for clothing because it's really not that bad for a free online game. Sure some things are prices a little to high like the new non-perm mount but hey you don't have to buy it.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Zrxyz - Lost City
    Zrxyz - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's as simple as this. Don't buy gold if you don't like the prices. Other people like me don't mind the prices for clothing because it's really not that bad for a free online game. Sure some things are prices a little to high like the new non-perm mount but hey you don't have to buy it.

Okay, I totally agree. PWI has to make a profit somehow, so it's either cash shop or P2P. Ew, pay to playb:shocked.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Keep in mind, if you buy a whole outfit...let's take the Butterfly Set:

Top: 4 Gold
    Skirt: 4 Gold
    Heels: 2 Gold
    Total: 10 Gold, or 10 dollars

How much money would you spend going to a movie with nothing to show for it? Or going to an amusement park for one day, without any souvenirs? I agree that the Tidal Serpent price is pretty ridiculous, but buying clothing and other things aren't unreasonable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Neurosis - Heavens Tear
    Neurosis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No more insulting that a car dealership selling Mercedes and VW's on the same lot.

**shrugs** Don't buy it. I'm just grateful someone is paying for my F2P experience (at least this month)
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Also agrees,

But I just hate the fact that Cash Shop items effect the prices of ingame coin, witch the prices of some items can get really ridiculous. But you just have to find away around that problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰