Oracle hatred

Options
Kawakami - Dreamweaver
Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
It looks like a lot of you people seem to despise people who rely ( on )/use Oracles to level. And even if you don't despise them for the possibility of not knowing how to play their class, you will despise them for the use of oracles.

Why are people getting all jumped up by the fact of someone spending a lot more cash than any of you did ? I rarely use cash on this game before you start whining. It's just really unfair how anyone who uses cash to level gets treated here. I reached this level without help from real cash, but why should I despise someone else who used cash to reach this in let's say a day ? Do you people want a massage for not spending a nickle for your months if not years for reaching the level you are at today ?

To me it really sounds like : oh my god, I spent months/years without spending a dollar to reach this level and this person who uses cash pwns me within a week or less, he/she must be noob ! Despite the fact of fast leveling, it always takes time to properly learn how to play your class, whether it be in PvE or PvP. No amount of cash can change that since you can't buy time itself.

edit : before the whining starts, I used some excess monthly phone credit to buy PACKS ! Nothing that would help my progress regarding leveling.
Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Post edited by Kawakami - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It looks like a lot of you people seem to despise people who rely ( on )/use Oracles to level. And even if you don't despise them for the possibility of not knowing how to play their class, you will despise them for the use of oracles.

Why are people getting all jumped up by the fact of someone spending a lot more cash than any of you did ? I rarely use cash on this game before you start whining. It's just really unfair how anyone who uses cash to level gets treated here. I reached this level without help from real cash, but why should I despise someone else who used cash to reach this in let's say a day ? Do you people want a massage for not spending a nickle for your months if not years for reaching the level you are at today ?

To me it really sounds like : oh my god, I spent months/years without spending a dollar to reach this level and this person who uses cash pwns me within a week or less, he/she must be noob ! Despite the fact of fast leveling, it always takes time to properly learn how to play your class, whether it be in PvE or PvP. No amount of cash can change that since you can't buy time itself.

edit : before the whining starts, I used some excess monthly phone credit to buy PACKS ! Nothing that would help my progress regarding leveling.

Its more about whether or not they can play their class.

When you go into instances you expect clerics know how to heal, tanks know how to tank, blademasters know how to stun and cancel, and mages, archers know how to deal damage.

When people oracle it becomes blatantly obvious - and thats what I have problems with.

When your only cleric is tempesting instead of healing the tank and letting him die - well that is failure on epic proportions.

When your only tank is hitting a boss in human form without bleeding or biting - well that is a failure on epic proportions.

Its not about the fact that they can level faster. Its that you DEPEND on these people in squads, etc.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i think they're more mad about the game than anything, and had to take that out on someone. (in here most of the time Momento i guess b:chuckle)

the fact that the game makes this kind of leveling possible pisses people off.

some people are pissed because they played and leveled for months, and now oracles coming out in packs and even in the cash shop is like saying "your months of being our customer is this significant", it's worth this many dollars. giving old players mounts was something that made them feel special, for example; releasing endgame gear and oracles is what makes them (cash shopper or not) feel that their time and investments in this game is insignificant.

another argument is that some may feel like their time have been wasted. if they could have had readily available oracles when they grinded their 60s, 70s, even 80s and 90s before rebirth was figured out, some might have not grinded so much. however, now these oraclers are shooting up while those older players had to scratch up to high levels tooth and nail because they had no choice. rebirth made a few high lvls mad, but we didnt see as much complaint because rebirth was an in-game instance that had to be figured out.

again, it's a matter of making people feel like their time in here was worth it, and oracles fail to do that. sure you can learn the class in time and be effective in instances and pk, sure you can do whatever you want to do with your money, sure daily noobs and rebirth noobs may fail just as hard, but some are just going to hate oraclers because they hate what the game has done. you know not many get resentful when they learn a player took over a friend's account, but i bet many would be real pissed if PWI started selling pre-leveled and pre-geared characters in the boutique.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fishtaco - Lost City
    Fishtaco - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i think they're more mad about the game than anything, and had to take that out on someone. (in here most of the time Momento i guess b:chuckle)

some people are pissed because they played and leveled for months, and now oracles coming out in packs and even in the cash shop is like saying "your months of being our customer is this significant", it's worth this many dollars. giving old players mounts was something that made them feel special, for example; releasing endgame gear and oracles is what makes them (cash shopper or not) feel that their time and investments in this game is insignificant.

another argument is that some may feel like their time have been wasted. if they could have had readily available oracles when they grinded their 60s, 70s, even 80s and 90s before rebirth was figured out, some might have not grinded so much. however, now these oraclers are shooting up while those older players had to scratch up to high levels tooth and nail because they had no choice. rebirth made a few high lvls mad, but we didnt see as much complaint because rebirth was an in-game instance that had to be figured out.

again, it's a matter of making people feel like their time in here was worth it, and oracles fail to do that. sure you can learn the class in time and be effective in instances and pk, sure you can do whatever you want to do with your money, sure daily noobs and rebirth noobs may fail just as hard, but some are just going to hate oraclers because they hate what the game has done. you know not many get resentful when they learn a player took over a friend's account, but i bet many would be real pissed if PWI started selling pre-leveled and pre-geared characters in the boutique.

+1

erf08wqehfrqewerfgw
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

When you go into instances you expect clerics know how to heal, tanks know how to tank, blademasters know how to stun and cancel, and mages, archers know how to deal damage.

When people oracle it becomes blatantly obvious - and thats what I have problems with.

When your only cleric is tempesting instead of healing the tank and letting him die - well that is failure on epic proportions.

When your only tank is hitting a boss in human form without bleeding or biting - well that is a failure on epic proportions.

Its not about the fact that they can level faster. Its that you DEPEND on these people in squads, etc.

These two sum it up for me.

1.) Those who cause a party wipe because they don't know their class worth a damn.
    2.) It wasn't always available=older players got screwed.

I am rather disturbed that this game found a way to indirectly punish their vet players just for being vet players. That's how I see oracles. They scream, "Hahaha! You idiot! You started the game when it entered OB! Shoulda waited a year! Haha!"

All is why I barely play now, refuse to charge a cent until I see something outside of moneylust and level VERY slowly (just incase something that makes leveling ridiculously easier and faster is released AGAIN.)
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'd think that higher levels hate them because they got to the high levels before oracles came out which meant that they put in hours upon hours of grinding and dailies to get that high. It was an accomplishment for them. Now oracles let every Tom, ****, and Harry with extra cash come along and get to the same levels with less than a tenth of the work and the accomplishment means next to nothing.

Edit: It blocked a name. Whatever. The GMs know what I meant.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

If only they expected venos to debuff. There's probably the same amount of noobs around that don't know how to play their class as there was before. -Dailies were it before Oracles.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    *Lots of logical points and free space*

+1, pretty much sums up how I and a fair chunk of the PW population think about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    If only they expected venos to debuff. There's probably the same amount of noobs around that don't know how to play their class as there was before. -Dailies were it before Oracles.

or maybe when u has lvl70 stuffs at lvl90+ u dunno anything like u do ...i wonder how i got my tt90 set ALONE at lvl88 ewww oih uhh :P just trolling dun care :D
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    -Dailies were it before Oracles.

You cannot buy dailies en masse from the CS, and they can only be done once a day. Dailies were a supplement to leveling, not completely bypassing the level grind. Using Oracles can completely bypass the level grind. Further, Oracles can actually create a gap between the "haves" and "have nots", or those who can afford to buy their way to the top, and those who cannot.

Those are reasons why dailies were not "it" before Oracles could be bought from the CS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You cannot buy dailies en masse from the CS, and they can only be done once a day. Dailies were a supplement to leveling, not completely bypassing the level grind. Using Oracles can completely bypass the level grind. Further, Oracles can actually create a gap between the "haves" and "have nots", or those who can afford to buy their way to the top, and those who cannot.

Those are reasons why dailies were not "it" before Oracles could be bought from the CS.

I think he means that dailies were all you had besides grinding. b:surrender
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think he means that dailies were all you had besides grinding. b:surrender

Not really, Oracles existed then too, but I see what you mean, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dont hate oracles themselfs i just hate the over ussage off them
    people skip all the low lvl content by oracling alot where you learn the strenghts and weaknesses off your class which are the base knowlegde for higher lvl instances

i mean venos who cant lure
    DDs who go full berserk(its not that bad if they only kill themselfs but it is if they prevent a veno from luring proper and agro packs off mobs)
    tanks that dont know how to stay alive and keep agro
    clerics that are clueless on what heal to use and dont know what the purpose off purify is
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i mean venos who cant lure
    DDs who go full berserk(its not that bad if they only kill themselfs but it is if they prevent a veno from luring proper and agro packs off mobs)
    tanks that dont know how to stay alive and keep agro
    clerics that are clueless on what heal to use and dont know what the purpose off purify is

Thats why there is orcale hatred myself included, people abuse them and by pass most of the game (where is the fun in that?) but not only that alot of them havnt got a f***ing clue, had a cleric asking me what heals to use, a barb who asked me how to keep agro, so thats your reason why there is hatred and not to mention all the high level players who worked there **** off to get where they are to just be stabbed in the back a year later with a way to buy your way to 90 in a matter of days.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    again, it's a matter of making people feel like their time in here was worth it
    Exactly, there were not always packs and oracles in the boutique (there used to be no BH's either, people had to grind -_-) and I know that's how alot of high lvls feel. They WORKED their butt off for their lvl and here comes people with oracles catching up because they're willing to pay tons of $$$ for a lvl they don't really deserve. It also screws anyone who bought anything from the boutique when stuff keeps going on sale or mounts is the best example. And who would not be pissed off when it makes them fell rotten and like they wasted months of their life for something others can just buy...they never allow the player market to be stable and there's now a price tag for how many oracles it would take to lv 90.

It is EASIER to get a job and make real money, and buy oracles then it is to try and earn coins in-game by synching in tons of time and doing slow dailies.
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oracle spammers = More PvP oriented. You can't really expect them to do well in pve. Besides, seeing as how big an issue of it is for you guys, why aren't you checking first if they leveled on oracles or not? It really is your fault for not caring enough.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In a BH last night on my cleric we had an assassin and a psychic in the squad . They both stole agro off the barb, the bm, the veno's pet , pretty much anything everything and everyone thru out the entire instance. It was a complete circus. A couple of hits and their pretty much dead before i can even chuck a heal their way.. you'd think they'd be more carefull and adjust their attacking to better suit the situation. But no.
    Had a similar situation (1 psychic) a few nights ago too. As a cleric (or any other class i guess) squading with oraclers especially the new classes atm is a nightmare.

This is what oracles have done.
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Oracle spammers = More PvP oriented. You can't really expect them to do well in pve. Besides, seeing as how big an issue of it is for you guys, why aren't you checking first if they leveled on oracles or not? It really is your fault for not caring enough.

Yet at end game, and possibly further past PvP and PvE may become linked.

You cant complete your level 100 Cultivation without first going through painstaking PvE.

Namely the endless Rebirth Orders you have to run - along with HH/TT's, and FB99's.

You cant get your level 100 skills without first completing your cultivation.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oxytorch wrote: »
    In a BH last night on my cleric we had an assassin and a psychic in the squad . They both stole agro off the barb, the bm, the veno's pet , pretty much anything everything and everyone thru out the entire instance. It was a complete circus. A couple of hits and their pretty much dead before i can even chuck a heal their way.. you'd think they'd be more carefull and adjust their attacking to better suit the situation. But no.
    Had a similar situation (1 psychic) a few nights ago too. As a cleric (or any other class i guess) squading with oraclers especially the new classes atm is a nightmare.

This is what oracles have done.

Simple solution refuse to heal/buff/revive/squad with anyone of the new classes who has oracled like i do/have/am.

• FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just reply to OP.Yes there might be alot of haters on both "sides" but the point is why use them with a new incomplete class?You reach let's say lvl 89 what you do?you wait till they make sage/demon skills or oracle more till let's say to lvl 100.Ok one month later you have a lvl 100 assassin or psychic what now?you paid 4k dollars so let's say you play it for another month just because of that and then what?You quit?
    As i said there is no need to rush since the class is incomplete and just evolve with the expansion add-ons eventually.Getting to lvl 70 is easy anyway so there is no need to oracle till up there anyway.And as I said after 79 there is nothnig for tideborns yet.
    As you can see it's not about hate it's just a rush for gold in a barren land.Pointless.
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the thing is..TB is made from elven class archer/cleric but it doesnt mean u have to build it like those...with oracles u have no idea wat u do so dont put even guides on forums and yea I COULDCARELESS if u have lvl105 account here noone cares so meow meow
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Eh, I don't like oracle babies as well. By that, I mean those who only oracle their way through the levels and don't know how to play their class, then pretend they know everything because they're high leveled.

Having experienced it first-hand in other games, I'm expecting similar things within PWI. So far, I've been relatively lucky, I have to admit... but I'm rarely in teams if I'm not with my guildies.

And about us vets feeling like we've been jipped because we're not leveling as fast as they are... I've been playing for over a year, and I don't give a damn about that. I level off via quests still, I get bored, but I refuse to oracle my way, even at lower levels and when I've done the quests so many times I could do them with my eyes closed (Archo quests, I'm looking at you). Feels more rewarding that way, TBH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Eh, I don't like oracle babies as well. By that, I mean those who only oracle their way through the levels and don't know how to play their class, then pretend they know everything because they're high leveled.

Having experienced it first-hand in other games, I'm expecting similar things within PWI. So far, I've been relatively lucky, I have to admit... but I'm rarely in teams if I'm not with my guildies.

And about us vets feeling like we've been jipped because we're not leveling as fast as they are... I've been playing for over a year, and I don't give a damn about that. I level off via quests still, I get bored, but I refuse to oracle my way, even at lower levels and when I've done the quests so many times I could do them with my eyes closed (Archo quests, I'm looking at you). Feels more rewarding that way, TBH.

I agree, earning your levels is so much more rewarding god knows how proud the level 100+ people are when they know they earnt their levels through real gaming and determination but im happy that i got to 85 with less than 5 oracles and yea arch quests are so annoying im there with my fist BM b:surrender.

• KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Ssshhhh, don't give them any ideas!
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • __Hysteria__ - Lost City
    __Hysteria__ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it wouldnt be bad if ppl oracled responsibly, i oracle, bout only once my lvl quests r done so i dont have to grind as much, once i oracle to next lvl i do the quests, etc etc, so yeah i lvl decently fast from it, but im still learning how to play as well, point is, if ppl oracled responsibly theyd kno how to play therye char and it wudnt be such an issue, but when u just str8 up oracle from 35 to 90 without doin anything else then yes, i see why its annoying.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pwi is an mmorpg type of game. All rpg style games are created using quests to level up. I can understand those who use oracles to level after all their current level quests are finished to avoid the grind. For those that say that quests are boring, well like i said this is an rpg type of game. To enjoy the game in its entire form you would also have to play the quest and storyline that make up the game itself. After all, the developers spent lots of time and money to create such content and how people can QQ over not enough content while passing it all up is beside me. Doesnt make any sense. If you dont enjoy quests or grind then maybe rpg's arent your type of game and perhaps you should try fps style gaming instead.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pwi is an mmorpg type of game. All rpg style games are created using quests to level up. I can understand those who use oracles to level after all their current level quests are finished to avoid the grind. For those that say that quests are boring, well like i said this is an rpg type of game. To enjoy the game in its entire form you would also have to play the quest and storyline that make up the game itself. After all, the developers spent lots of time and money to create such content and how people can QQ over not enough content while passing it all up is beside me. Doesnt make any sense. If you dont enjoy quests or grind then maybe rpg's arent your type of game and perhaps you should try fps style gaming instead.

You forget that those who oracle to a high level make themselves feel special because they are a high level, its helps boost their self-esteem.

• _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You forget that those who oracle to a high level make themselves feel special because they are a high level, its helps boost their self-esteem.

Didnt forget. Just making a different point then whats already been said. We all know that inflated ego's and low self esteem have a part in it too. lol
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Didnt forget. Just making a different point then whats already been said. We all know that inflated ego's and low self esteem have a part in it too. lol

Just making sure you didnt forget and burst their little bubble of importantness b:chuckle.

• Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Oracles in my opinion screwed the game over completely. For some people like me, it's as if PWE just spat on everyone that leveled to the high levels without Oracles. That's one part that frustrates me. The 2nd part is that now everyone and their mother are screaming on WC for RB squads.

It just goes to show (the annipacks are proof of this...) that PWE will **** over their game as long as they receive a huge profit out of it. I could have sworn there was even a thread made by a GM discussing annipacks that also included a poll. According to the poll most people didn't want the annipacks to come back. (I'll search for it later. If I can't find it, I'll remove this portion of my post.)

I'll admit, some of the frustration is misguided. Some of it is not. People have various reasons for disliking people that abuse oracles from 30 - 90+. I've already experienced what it was like to party with someone who abused oracles from 30+ and it was not a pleasant experience.
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My assassin is almost lv62 now, and I only used the freebie oracles in the stash. Having gotten to 80 on my veno gave me prior experience with luring/tanking/dding the geography and enemy types, and I've played everyday since expansion (after not playing for months due to boredom of being a high lv veno ><).

I remember in earlier lvs I was kicked from squads trying to get my weapon tokens before even leaving for the instance, since I doubt that they knew why a lowbie needed a fb 10 lvs ahead of them lol.

Now though, I've actually tanked full bh39 runs (for lack of a barb, they are never around when you need them right?), and saved clerics asses time and again when they dd instead of heal when the barb isn't looking.

My point is that if you see a high lv TB out there they might actually know what they are doing, so don't assume they are buying their lv.

Then again, tonight a barb was luring in bh51 (instead of the veno in squad sigh) and he aggroed about 5 mobs, said "sorry bye" left squad and then ran around so the dds who weren't paying attention got aggro and the party wiped except for me (stealthed) and the 2nd cleric that hadn't arrived yet. So you never can tell until its too late b:cute
    I Aim To Misbehave