ive been away for a while

grief
grief Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
hello everyone, i had originally played pwi the day the game came out of beta and i played the game for a few months up until my guild disbanded and leveling slowly came to a slow slow stop. I was browsing the internet when i seen an add about an expansion for pwi and i noticed they have added alot of new features and i remembered the fun i had doing the territorial wars and i am thinking of returning to pwi. When i had originally left pwi there were a few issues that made the game less fun that i had wanted and i realised i just logged on to sit in the town for a few hours and it isn't exactly what i called fun.

I just have a few questions about the game from some of the older players like how fast is the leveling now, is there any absurd cash shop items added, and how the game is now
Post edited by grief on

Comments

• Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Stay away from my server, Goodbye.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2009

grief wrote: »
    I just have a few questions about the game from some of the older players like how fast is the leveling now, is there any absurd cash shop items added, and how the game is now

1. levelling is much faster now. TH has been added (treasure hunter, kill a boss each day for xp rewards.).

2. Yes.. Anniversary packs.. 1 gold each.

Nonetheless, the game is still enjoyable if you find stuff to do (help in FB's, bosses, do dungeons or just do quests) since sitting in town is only fun if a lot of others are there aswell..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grief
    edited December 2009
    well thats nice to hear that leveling is faster now. But whats the anniversary packs, im guessing something to do with the marriage system?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just look through the other threads/announcements/patch notes. Much easier than everyone like yourself making a new thread asking people to fill you in.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • grief
    edited December 2009
    its more than a year of announcements, honestly it would take a very long time...
  • TheRedeemer - Lost City
    TheRedeemer - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yeah lvling is way faster these days since ppl have learned rb's and other instances and theres lots of dailies...also oracles (u can get these from stuff that u can get from anni's) r speeding the lvling.......

well.....anni's (anniversary packs) r the thing that have made this game SUCK! OR they have made this game ROCK! that what is ur opinion is up to u! but here's few facts 'bout anni's:
    - they have ruined the economy of the game if u cant/want spend lots of rl money in this, if u can/want to then its really good for u! since the gold price is extremely high!
    - anni's were supposed to be celebration of that pwi filled 1 year!
    - ppl get end game gears and other stuff out of anni's -->> they dont have to actually play anymore to get stuff...all they have to do is spend some rl money!
    - A LOT of ppl have quitted over anni's
    - anni's makes gm's (or whoevers, it doesent matter for me) pockets full of rl money so they will bring it back again and again and again!
    - gm's will not tolarate almost anything that is being opposed to anni's or gm's actions about anni's (so be careful when u talk 'bout 'em on WC or forums....i prolly will get banned again over this post! b:chuckle

but have fun pwing if u decide to come back! b:pleased
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    its more than a year of announcements, honestly it would take a very long time...

1) Search Anniversary Packs - For 1 Gold you have a chance to get End-Game gear which was unattainable in the past (most of them)

2) Read all of the QQ Packs, QQQQQQQQQQQQ, QQ Packs

3) Lost City Forums for old Drama of CQ taking the entire map and then "giving" it back to the server, disbanding and reforming under new name

4) Average player at level 40 has 4 dalies

5) Gold is average 450k on most older servers

6) QQ I got pk'd

7) QQ more events

8) QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ

* I think that is a good summary b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Is on your I mean myserver, goodbye b:laugh

yea I have alt on the Tide's server and I just did this for kicks and giggles, enjoy b:victory
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think we can sum it up in two letters: QQ

Thats basically all you missed.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol I just saw it and just had to do that :P got to love the QQers XD always is fun to pick on em.
  • grief
    edited December 2009
    anniversary packs dont seem very fun >.>
  • Blippy - Sanctuary
    Blippy - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Man, do yourself a favor and dont waste any more time (let alone money) on this trash. Soon they'll just be selling toons outright in the CS - Lvl 100 BM, Wiz, Archer $150. Cleric/Barb 250. Veno w/Herc $500. Veno w/Herc and Nix $1000. Buy one class at lvl 100, get the 2nd class half off! LMFAO!

It's a pay to win game that no longer has anything to do with good old fashion "playing" to actually progress.

I'd suggest trying some other mmo. A10N, WOW, COH to name a few.

Good luck!
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    anniversary packs dont seem very fun >.>

You'll fit in here just fine. b:chuckle
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad