bad luck or BS

XXSayaXx - Lost City
XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
ight i just spent 5mil making hh80 xbow. and stuff. so i decide to do wq :/ which ill never do again on arcer since im quiting and lvlin my wizzard. anyway at vol 29 ppl like 2 camp and ruin days ppl in pissed off mood. so i had safty lock on ran in got 2 npc yet a kamisama killed me and i droped the hh80 xbow i just spent everything on and a unicorn bow along with 50k arrows. and some rb gamma thingies. although on my screen safty lock had 20mins still so what kinda **** is that? realy come on now? whats point of lock if it doesnt work??? explain that 2 me some1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by XXSayaXx - Lost City on

Comments

• Devil - Lost City
    Devil - Lost City Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Use dolls, cheapo.
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    whats the point? if safty lock doesnt work y would dolls work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why wouldn't Kamisama camp FO? It sounds like this is bad luck only. Safety lock worked perfectly fine for me yesterday actually.

Bring dolls next time.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was like WTF when I saw everything you dropped.

Were you red named or what? If you were anything but white named you sorta got what was coming to you.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Send in a ticket. This might be a bug, which should be corrected as soon as possible. No-one wants to drop anything when they think they're safe.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Send in a ticket. This might be a bug, which should be corrected as soon as possible. No-one wants to drop anything when they think they're safe.

Technically he was not safe since he's on a PvP server. But the most he should have dropped was one item in his inventory.

I'm thinking he was blood red and got ganked. b:sin
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I doubt theyd replace the items, since safety lock was never intended for this purpose, thats what dolls/binding stones are for.

This is what happens when people cheap out.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    wow I thought safety lock totally prevented ppl from dropping stuff, I think a bug got yab:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Dying

After seeing the last post I thought I would stop assuming and read up on this. According to the PWI-Wiki which is endorsed by PWI themselves it states that if the item is Saftey Locked it should have shattered instead. Now I don't know if you can safety lock something you are not wearing. So for the items that were in his duffle bag, those sound legitimate to be dropped. Only the items being worn should not have been dropped.

This case does seem to be a "Submit a ticket" issue for sure.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    along with 50k arrows

Don't arrows drop in stacks of 20?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Safety Lock was designed more for the shatter system.

Safety lock , in theory, should prevent you from dropping items, HOWEVER....IF it was really on and set appropriately then you may want to log a ticket.

My issue is that if you are Blood Red (with the amount you dropped I would say yes), that is a risk you have to take imo. Do not go Blood red if you cannot handle the potential consequences b:surrender

@YourMom --> Items will drop in stacks of 20 from what I understand.

<--- sense something is off about this post...dunno why
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Don't arrows drop in stacks of 20?

maybe he got killed 2500 times b:chuckle
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure it drops the whole stack, that's how it works with pots anyways. And safety lock only kicks in after you log off your account, which is when it resets. At least that's how it worked with my girlfriend. You have to set safetylock, log out completely, then reinput your account info.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure it drops the whole stack, that's how it works with pots anyways. And safety lock only kicks in after you log off your account, which is when it resets. At least that's how it worked with my girlfriend. You have to set safetylock, log out completely, then reinput your account info.

it doesn't drop a whole stack of pots in my experience. I've had hp pots in my inventory and they just drop 20 at a time.

I've been blood red for months and don't carry dolls so i drop a lot of **** things when I die, never dropped a stack of more than 20 of anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nefthys - Lost City
    Nefthys - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Mostly, when you drop things like arrows, you drop 20. Same is with pots sometimes, I am unsure, if you have like~ a hundred thousand arrows, if you just drop 20.

But the information was Saya blood red at the time, would explain it pretty much. But this thing sounds like it could be the best to just send a ticket for confirmation. Some Kamisama got laid n' paid that day he got your bows obviously. b:chuckle
  • Brutally - Lost City
    Brutally - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    SS?
    /10char
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is an actual bug about this, not just with SL, also with dolls (not sure if it's been fixed). Obik (archer) dropped dolls when been pked (actually dropped dolls), hes dropped gears whilst having dolls and saftey lock on and such. Proof is, listening to him ***** and moan on vent for a few days.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if you dont have a SS of you lying there dead with safety lock still on showing your items that dropped you have no proof that you are not lying and nothing will be done. especially with your claim of 50k arrows sounds a little off.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Even if it was a bug they wont do anything unless its frap'd. I remember way back before, Tokyo was pking in swamps. He had dolls and was blood red, and someone killed him and his flying duck mount dropped. He took a screen shot showing that he dropped it while with dolls and the ticket people told him that it didnt matter since it wasnt frapped. He needed up not getting repaid for it and and just bought a new mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    idk, idc, safty lock was on, yes ik how to use safty lock. yes some gear shattered i expected that, just pissed me off that stuff still droped :/ but they can be replaced. and yes chars red so whites will try 2 kill me. just took break from archer backs now :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ._.
    me was killing botters....and some really weak white name cleric tried to kill me lol.
    b:chuckle

me just turned around and 2 shot him...
    ._.'

but why would you try to kill a hamster.....especially a hamster that be making the quality of the game better....and a magical hamster...
    b:sad

of course me had me safety lock on the whole time....like me do whenever me go on bot hunts.
    xD
    b:surrender
    still it be annoying to have to change name color to stop them
    (>.<)'

D:
    also that sucks saya.
    X_X"
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    but why would you try to kill a hamster.....especially a hamster that be making the quality of the game better....and a magical hamster...

To prevent them from becoming too powerful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lvl100ea wrote: »
    To prevent them from becoming too powerful.

yesh....of course....
    b:avoid
    (>.<)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What I want to know is, why did you spend 5mil on an HH80 crossbow? I got my HH80 gold bow for under 5mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Hysteria__ - Lost City
    __Hysteria__ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lvl100ea wrote: »
    What I want to know is, why did you spend 5mil on an HH80 crossbow? I got my HH80 gold bow for under 5mil.

^this, still sucks for you though ~_~
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^this, still sucks for you though ~_~

Maybe money to burn? People are stupid...and you can sell for 5mil if the refine is decent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    5m for a weapon? thats outrageous! no wonder some ppl use the blue weapons lol