Comments

• Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What do you think eatwithspoons
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    One thing I've noticed a few people do not seem to know about the Cube of Fate...

If you are "killed" in the Cube it is not like a death out in the rest of the game, it is treated as a Duel. (I'd try to find the GM post where I learned this but I never can find much with Search on this forum)

This means, no items can drop, no Guardian Angel Scrolls will be used, and the "kill" is not even counted on the PK total for the killer.

The only bad thing that happens is that you are sent back to room 1 to start over, and you have wasted Dice Tickets and possibly Do-Alls /Bully/Robber cards. Annoying but no worries about losing your equipment.

If I was trying to pass the cube I'd rather pay 100k and live to complete it than to die, loose some fashion because it's the only item not bound yet.. exp, and start over mad =P To me... 100k is worth far less than the time it took to get the exp back because I didn't have a GA.

:p
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i dont understand why the lowbies cant just enter the room with pk mode turned off? or is that room pk only?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Many rooms of the cube force PK-mode. Doesn't matter that you're blue, you can still be killed.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im gonna get to that room with my lvl 98 archer and ask this SOB for all his money if he doesn't want me to send him straight to hell ..
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    i dont understand why the lowbies cant just enter the room with pk mode turned off? or is that room pk only?

No you cannot. Is always PKable regardless your status. One player kill me 3x times there. I have bad luck on him. His is just coward, because he always pick the lowest level there. His is lv. 99 BM. But this guy will regret it, because when I get to lv. 99+ I will kill him everywhere I meet him. Hi is always in PK mode, so he will suffer very hard, It just take time to get lv. 100+. Because of this idiot I'm willing to spend couple more money for gear. b:angry Maybe he doesn't know 1 thing. I NEVER forget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think there are several situations being discussed here, so let me address each;
    • Killing other people during the few minutes you're stuck in the room waiting for the timer. This is intended by the developers who PVP flagged the room and is not bannable.
    • Extorting other people during the few minutes you're stuck in the room waiting for the timer. This will be left to the discretion of CS Staff pending their investigation of evidence that the victim emails in. If the aggressor is demanding an exact amount of goods in exchange for passage through game content, then that is griefing and will be punished. If the victim desperately offers some goods in exchange for safe passage and the aggressor decides to accept, then that is a trade conducted with voluntary participation on both sides, and is not bannable.
    • Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, PKing for pleasure or systematized profit. This is griefing and will be punished. Refer to the PWI Terms of Service Section 11-N, "[You may not] take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."
    • Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, doing something else, such as catshopping Robber cards or helping people kill the Open Sesame bosses. This is fine.
    • PKing in Room 1 under any circumstances. This is an exploit of a map glitch and is bannable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • inkredibil666
    inkredibil666 Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    Ok then We send our screen shots and start to ban them b:laugh
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i liek bananas been 3 times already in few months cuz of kids <3
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eternalnab wrote: »

/lolwut

confuzzledness... :o
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eternalnab wrote: »

azzhT.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sihndra wrote: »
    I think there are several situations being discussed here, so let me address each;
    • Killing other people during the few minutes you're stuck in the room waiting for the timer. This is intended by the developers who PVP flagged the room and is not bannable.
    • Extorting other people during the few minutes you're stuck in the room waiting for the timer. This will be left to the discretion of CS Staff pending their investigation of evidence that the victim emails in. If the aggressor is demanding an exact amount of goods in exchange for passage through game content, then that is griefing and will be punished. If the victim desperately offers some goods in exchange for safe passage and the aggressor decides to accept, then that is a trade conducted with voluntary participation on both sides, and is not bannable.
    • Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, PKing for pleasure or systematized profit. This is griefing and will be punished. Refer to the PWI Terms of Service Section 11-N, "[You may not] take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."
    • Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, doing something else, such as catshopping Robber cards or helping people kill the Open Sesame bosses. This is fine.
    • PKing in Room 1 under any circumstances. This is an exploit of a map glitch and is bannable.

PWND all of you scumbags who are sitting here for several pages of discussion trying to justify why this sort of thing is not bannable. GO GMS!
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Eh, not defending this person... but morals depend entirely on the place you grew up in and your life experiences.... You can't expect everyone to share your same moral/ethic values.

You are correct.

Obviously OP was raised by Rabid Wolves.

RedMenace

\agrees that OP is a miserable teenage tw*t
    \\wishes he had the time to lvl up a char on his server, just to follow him around and kill his *ss
    \\\It's called the Golden Rule, Sacro - and you failed
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To the origianal question.

This is a Bannable offense even though the room is a PK room. The reasoning is that you are impeding on the flow of the game by camping this area. You are allowed to PK in this room just like you can PK in SP but camping the area for a determined time to the extent of harassment is bannable.

EDIT: On a side note I am sickend to think that someone has actually thought about doing this.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Sihndra,

Thank you for clarifying your Cube policies, this should settle a lot of questions!

On another note, there will be some people on Heaven's Tear who camp for hours in rooms 11, 32, and 48 PKing players who will NOT be pleased to read this:
    Sihndra wrote: »

[*]Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, PKing for pleasure or systematized profit. This is griefing and will be punished. Refer to the PWI Terms of Service Section 11-N, "[You may not] take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

[/LIST][/INDENT]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
  • Snypere - Sanctuary
    Snypere - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There is no "Thief" class in this game, so a person doing this is not "getting into character." He/she is just being a jerk. He "ain't had no home learning" as we used to say. Someone definitely needs to take his (or her) young **** out behind the woodshed and give him a good education.

I played another game many, many moons ago that did have a thief class. You could go invisible and pickpocket people. It was cool. Of course you could get caught and get killed. In this game if you got killed you could drop stuff and even the mobs in game could pick it up. Also, if you died enough times, you could actually lose levels, not just exp within a level. I wish it was still F2P. I'd like to play again just for old times sake.
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    On another note, there will be some people on Heaven's Tear who camp for hours in rooms 11, 32, and 48 PKing players who will NOT be pleased to read this:

People who want to slaughter unfortunate passerbys should do so outdoors on PVP servers, where the PK penalties can have a chance to come into play. The near impossibility of hunting down a PKer in the COF for vengeance makes camping in there essentially an exploit of game mechanics to avoid intended repercussions. It's the same idea as glitching Gouf so he can't hit back while you kill him, and it's just as reprehensible under the Terms of Service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    No you cannot. Is always PKable regardless your status. One player kill me 3x times there. I have bad luck on him. His is just coward, because he always pick the lowest level there. His is lv. 99 BM. But this guy will regret it, because when I get to lv. 99+ I will kill him everywhere I meet him. Hi is always in PK mode, so he will suffer very hard, It just take time to get lv. 100+. Because of this idiot I'm willing to spend couple more money for gear. b:angry Maybe he doesn't know 1 thing. I NEVER forget.

I know which BM you are referring to, and he will be quite surprised to find himself banned for his hours of camping in room 11 and slaughtering every person who enters the room.

theempire.ucoz.com
This discussion has been closed.