Elemental and Dimension Seal

Mericre - Harshlands
Mericre - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
Any experienced clerics out there wants to tell me what are the use of this two spells?

I know elemental seal reduced your magic defense and your enemy's magic defense as well, and I currently have this spell at Level 1, but what's the point using this if your own defense is reduced with same amount of your enemy?

The same thing on Dimension Seal

Sorry with all the newbie question

EDIT:
I will be turning level 30 soon and I want to ask some of those clerics in PVP server if I should level up until 40 to playerkill or do it some other level
Post edited by Mericre - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Since you are on PvP server, it has BIG use. You will use them to deal extra dmg vs your opponent. And later on in levels you will use it to keep a boss debuffed for a faster kill.
    b:dirty
  • Mericre - Harshlands
    Mericre - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So I guess level up a bit to level 40+ until I can pk, but it's going to be hard doing level 30 quest with Pker around the map hunting for low levels like me

Any place to avoid where a lot of playerkilling might be taking place?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    So I guess level up a bit to level 40+ until I can pk, but it's going to be hard doing level 30 quest with Pker around the map hunting for low levels like me

Reroll to PvE server?
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Elemental Seal and Dimensional Seal are ridiculously useful in HH and the like, speeds bosses up a tonne. Also incredibly useful in pvp, especially when combined with other amps
  • Ulina - Lost City
    Ulina - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yes they are usefull for pvp and pve
    for pve you can debuff a boss for a faster kill which is very usefull
    in pvp you use it against certain builds, say you a pvping a BM you would cast elemental seal on them to lower their mag def and since they only do phys dmg it doesnt make a difference for you. so using the right debuff can prove helpfull.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Because Secret Passage and Heaven's Tear are now "safe zones", the worst place for low level white names is outside West Gate (of course) and Orchid Temple.

You can't completely avoid PK of course, but you can alleviate some of the pain by fighting mobs near a town so you don't have to run back, finding areas that PKers don't normally stay at, and not afking outside of safe zone or spending more time out than you really need to.

Remember, if you're really in trouble, elevation is your friend to get away from a PKer that's camping the safe zone for lowbies. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To be honest, level both as to how useful you find them. I personally use Elemental Seal more than Dimensional Seal. Although if I'm in a squad and healing them, I pop in a Dimensional Seal in case they do physical damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Elemental Seal and Dimensional Seal are ridiculously useful in HH and the like, speeds bosses up a tonne. Also incredibly useful in pvp, especially when combined with other amps

^ This ^

Just always remember to Purify yourself at the first opportunity afterwords.

I personally did not level them beyond level 4/5 until much higher levels since I wanted to concentrate more on my main healing and attack skills.

As far as PK....it is not as bad as it seems. My Psychic has been pk'ed maybe 3-4 times and is now level 65. You get through it and best you do not lose experience. There will be campers, but there is a point to which that can be a griefable offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^ This ^

Just always remember to Purify yourself at the first opportunity afterwords.

I personally did not level them beyond level 4/5 until much higher levels since I wanted to concentrate more on my main healing and attack skills.

As far as PK....it is not as bad as it seems. My Psychic has been pk'ed maybe 3-4 times and is now level 65. You get through it and best you do not lose experience. There will be campers, but there is a point to which that can be a griefable offense.

...or going on your main and ...ZZZAP them with Wield Thunder. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Which is better to lvl up first elemental or dimensional?
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    depends, if for pk then both

however, i wud choose magic debuff first coz:

-is it 2x more cheaper

-u ll use it in parties all the time (barbs and venos have p.def debuff better or almost same like urs, but no m.def debuff)
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was thinking of elemental at later lvls as to the more mag mobs or bosses you get in game.
    edited December 2009
    later most mobs and bosses use both attacks: if u are close then phy and if in some range - magic

btw
    if low mob use just melee it doesnt mean that phy debuff will be more effective. why do u think so?
    im pretty sure that most mobs have 'balanced' def otherwise it wud give too much advantage for some classes (magic vs melee)

if u use elemental seal it will make ur cyclone hit harder
    if dimensional - plume shot

btw metal mastery will also make cyclone stronger

but anyway,
    im not sure if lvling any seal at lower lvls -just for quest mobs killing- has much sense

lack of sp wont let ya keep up to date even ur main/fav skills
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    they are both useful, but i think its better to focus on leveling your attack spells first. Once your sleep holds long enough you can use these debuffs in "executions" b:victory
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    I really have to say again, that debuffing mobs is not worth it. They have low defense to start with b:surrender
    edited December 2009
    not really.. their p.def is like squishy arcane's, and mag def like weak barb's

tbh u wont bother using seals on mobs not coz of their low def but coz u would kill them in 3-5 shots anyway.. and u could simply shot mob once or twice while u channel seal

but, u will use seals on high hp mobs => TT mobs and bosses 60lvl+

• Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The big caveat with them is that they only reduce p.def/m.def by a percentage of YOUR equipment. In short, if you have lousy defense (such as arcane) you won't make much of a dent in a barbarians heavy armor. On the other hand, arcane clerics can greatly reduce their magical resistance giving them a superior edge when it comes to wield thunder and the like.

Unfortunately, light armor clerics like myself don't get much of a reduction on either. It's still a useful skill with enough levels, but it's unlikely to get the 'wow' factor of an arcane clerics' magical defense reduction.
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It reduce % of the targets def not urs and u lose % of ure Def.
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Really? In that case I retract my previous statement. The wording on the spell makes it sound like it's based on your defense though.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Out of all the info I read these two skills seem good to lvl.

But, are these skills worth lvling to max or should be lvled to a certain lvl than stopped, because I still have these skills at 1 and I just want to make sure if they are worth lvling to max or even a high lvl. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited December 2009
    for pk purposes - both
    for pve
    elemental seal for sure if u plan to spend lotta of ur toon life in dungeons

dimiensional too.. but there is no rush.. u will use it if there is no veno in team, which wont happen so often after all

anyway.. just remember that there are still more important skills to lvl up at ur lvl

• Ulina - Lost City
    Ulina - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Out of all the info I read these two skills seem good to lvl.

But, are these skills worth lvling to max or should be lvled to a certain lvl than stopped, because I still have these skills at 1 and I just want to make sure if they are worth lvling to max or even a high lvl. b:pleased

you should get it no matter what
    but dont lvl it unless you are serious about pvp
    otherwise getting your support skills will benefit your squad more
    its just how you play your character
    i have mines at lvl 1 just because im a support cleric
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Mine are at lvl 3 and I would probably lvl them later on.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009

tbh u wont bother using seals on mobs not coz of their low def but coz u would kill them in 3-5 shots anyway.. and u could simply shot mob once or twice while u channel seal

Yeah say that to the FAC community b:chuckle, somehow getting 200-300 more dmg (at best) is worth for them
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    FACs shouldn't need to waste their time using these debuffs on normal mobs; they can kill them before being hit just using plumeshot and cyclone. It's the beauty of being full mag that allows that. It's mostly used for pvp, to add some extra damage in trying to spike someone for 50-60% of their health to kill them after they've been slept. Any FAC who needs to debuff a normal mob to kill in PvE truly has no clue what they are doing.

EDIT: Though it is weird to see another person making the mistake of thinking it debuffs off of the caster's defense again, been a good many months since the last one made that mistake. It applies a straight 30% (maxed) reduction on each person's defense. There isn't any cross-over between them, they just each lose 30% of their own defense. Always seemed straight-forward to me.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear
    _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Maxed Dimension Seal + Maxed Tangling Mire Genie Skill with a lot of point into STR + Phsyical DDs and DPS = Phsyical ATK execution b:victory what a way to go for a boss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    which may be sad if all those buffs +dd buffs overwrite =3