Assassin build?

Genisiss - Lost City
Genisiss - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Assassin
well its plainly obvious that assassin's need lots in dex but how should i go about distributing my skill points?
Post edited by Genisiss - Lost City on

Comments

• Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In my opinion, use the archer 'pure' build. 4 dex, 1 str per level. You'll be a bit squishy, but your high attacks will allow you to get is nice spikes.

If you want hp, however, use 1 vit, 1 str, 3 dex per level.

Or, do like I did. Invest in a dex/vit tome. The one I have is + 12 vit/+13 dex. I have more hp than assassins my level using the pure dex build, but I can still pull off higher crits than them.b:shocked
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    (Now I lay you down to sleep)
    Simply wont let me
    (I pray the lord your soul to keep)
    Enter quietly
    (And if I die before you)
    Ill see you in hell
    (That shall be his first mistake)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Kephras for the awesome Sig
  • Genisiss - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    In my opinion, use the archer 'pure' build. 4 dex, 1 str per level. You'll be a bit squishy, but your high attacks will allow you to get is nice spikes.

If you want hp, however, use 1 vit, 1 str, 3 dex per level.

Or, do like I did. Invest in a dex/vit tome. The one I have is + 12 vit/+13 dex. I have more hp than assassins my level using the pure dex build, but I can still pull off higher crits than them.b:shocked

well that helps.. but wher exactly can i get one of these toms of which you speak havent played in a while.
    edited December 2009
    You need Mystical Tome fragments and Mystical tome pages.

Pages you buy out of the Cash Shop, while frags are gotten from Rebirths, I believe. Occasionally, frags are sold in the Cash Shop.

There is a catch to this.
    It takes 3 frags and 4 pages to make a level 1 tome. As you make a level 2 tome, you need three level 1 tomes. To get my tome, a level 4, you be spending a pretty penny. Seeing as a level 5 tome costs about....$200 real dollars, I'd suggest taking your time making it.
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    Simply wont let me
    Enter quietly
    Ill see you in hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well its plainly obvious that assassin's need lots in dex but how should i go about distributing my skill points?

You answered your own question. ._.
  • Genisiss - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    You answered your own question. ._.

no i didnt. with absolutly no class do you put all of your stat points into just one. like he siad 4 dex 1 str.
    i needed to know the ratio
  • DeCentury - Heavens Tear
    DeCentury - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was wondering this myself. I was able to get one of my guildmates to give me some info and he actually does 8 dex, 1 vit, 1 str every two levels. I was making a mess of mine (used to playing a barb) and redistributed my points. Since I use charms I am going to use the 4 dex/1 str distribution on mine.

Mako_Shiruku, thank you for your answer!
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was wondering this myself. I was able to get one of my guildmates to give me some info and he actually does 8 dex, 1 vit, 1 str every two levels. I was making a mess of mine (used to playing a barb) and redistributed my points. Since I use charms I am going to use the 4 dex/1 str distribution on mine.

Mako_Shiruku, thank you for your answer!

i hope your guildie enjoys using low level armor =]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Because nobody's gone into the REASONS for the various builds:

Light Armor requires (level + 4) strength and (level + 4) dexterity, where level refers to the level requirement of the armor. Daggers require roughly (level x 3) dexterity and (level/2 + 4) strength.

This basically means that you need to put 1 str and 3 dex each level in order to be able to wield up-to-date Daggers and wear current Light Armor. That leaves 1 point per level to go wherever you wish.

Magic is totally useless.
    Strength would allow you to wear lower-grade Heavy Armor, and increase your physical defense a bit. Not really recommended.
    Vitality boosts your maximum HP, and increases your physical and magical defense by an insignificant amount. Also not nearly as useful as some people think. You actually take more damage due to slower kill speed.
    Dexterity boosts your damage, critical hit rate, accuracy, and evasion. Generally considered the best option.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nobody went into the reasons because people have posted the reasons for each build like 100 times already x.x
    edited December 2009
    nobody went into the reasons because people have posted the reasons for each build like 100 times already x.x

Kinda what she said. Its been said over and over, so why beat a dead horse?

I don't know much about archers, but I've seen the effects of the build in PvP and PvE. A 7x archer literally ripped my 7x barb apart with a pure dex build.
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    Simply wont let me
    Enter quietly
    Ill see you in hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tepe10
    tepe10 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was just wondering couldn't you put 4 dex 1 str every level and then put 3 dex 1 str 1 vit every two levels?? could that possible give you a little best of both so to speak or would it not work at all? (Interested in making a Sin)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tepe10 wrote: »
    I was just wondering couldn't you put 4 dex 1 str every level and then put 3 dex 1 str 1 vit every 2 levels?? could that give best of both or would it not work at all? (Interested in making a Sin)

This post hasn't been posted in almost three years. Please don't necro old threads.

What you're suggesting would work fine (3.5 dex, 1str, .5 vit per level). Although the goal is pure dex, most sins either level too fast to keep their gear updated or just neglect adequate shards and refines. This leads to squishy sins that are more of a hinderance than help. Who cares if you have excellent dd if you spent half the time dead?

Now, if you are willing to refine your gear and keep it up to date or have decent gear from an alt char your sin can use then there is no use to vitality. Sins get 13hp per vit point, but they get more heals from bloodpaint with more dexterity. Many people will argue that dex for damage will help you survive more than vitality will. My opinion is this is true as long as you can survive 3 boss hits without heals. If you don't have the hp to tank 3 attacks then you should add to vit or refine your gear.

If you do add to vitality I'd suggest only 23 points (28 base). Once you have your endgame gear you'll pull from strength so you have only 104 str with gear on (about 70 base), 3 vit, and 3 magic. That's 3 stats you're pulling from which can be done with a 25 point restat-all note, so if you cap vit at 28 you only need 1 restat note endgame to get rid of it.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Almost 3 year necro ;o
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Was waiting to see when it'd come up.
  • tepe10
    tepe10 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    [/QUOTE] This post hasn't been posted in almost three years. Please don't necro old threads.

Sorry about that (i didn't think anyone would answer) but thanks so much that really helped!! b:pleased