People should really learn not to KS [w/comic strip]

2»

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yay!

By the way, what happened? Were you a naughty hamster and got a little enforced time out?

I got so curious I had to PM him ingame to see what he did. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Pirie - Heavens Tear
    Pirie - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Uhh...what language was that in?
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You can't KS Kun Kun, technically. You can make the quest impossible to complete though, unless they changed how the quest works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The term KS has gotten way out of hand lately. Its gotten to the point that now you dont have to even target the same mob as someone else. Just being in an area with other players creates problems. I was on the hill next to whetstone killin yayans a while back. There was a barb and bm there. And even though I was only killin the mobs that they werent, for some reason they told me to stop ks'ing and leave because they were there first. As if they own the whole hill themselves. Ive seen other players call people ks'er over snowmen (which in that situation would make everyone killing snowmen a ks'er to someone. Its ridiculous. The term KS really needs to be re-defined because to many people blow it all out of proportion.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I got so curious I had to PM him ingame to see what he did. b:chuckle

Now you've made me REALLY curious..... b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i was grinding in swiftland tribe and this 70+ bm comes in grabs mobs aoes em right next to me while i was fighting one 1 i grabbed befor he rounded em up he killed it and said no ks noob :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this forum lacks our gods, the vg cats

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=60
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009

b:laugh I approve, I approve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • Arkaminus - Harshlands
    Arkaminus - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    stop QQing about KS if that happens to u,that means u vant do enough damg to take the kill....go lvl up ur attack.b:shutup
    Those who constantly complain about the bad things in life always end up in the worst positions.
    so forget about what's bad and enjoy what's good.
  • Arkaminus - Harshlands
    Arkaminus - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    cant**********
    Those who constantly complain about the bad things in life always end up in the worst positions.
    so forget about what's bad and enjoy what's good.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Quite inspiring, Waffle. I salute you. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    COMIC STRIP: comicug.th.jpg

I figured the best way to tell this story is to show it visually. I was supposed to make it a few days ago when it happened but I got busy and so...yeah. But here it is!

So anyways, people should really learn not to KS and wait for their turn when it comes to bosses (and also try not to fail b:surrender).

Discuss: Does anyone have any experience like this? If so, feel free to share. ;D

Also, credits to my friends Strifeful, Zack and Jhect for inspiring me to make this comic strip. b:cute

p.s. The dialog is somewhat edited but it contains the facts of what really happened.

hm..so this is wat ppl do on PvE servers...interesting...b:sleep
  • Chandrasekar - Sanctuary
    Chandrasekar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Like many il ks .. and after il said sorry for thats and if the others need help il help it all go faster with less daage for everyoneand less death ks 7 X70 il said it to you.

An old Klingon proverb as many kill you can do as many women you can get uarhhh ...drink more Kerdrotielf.
    Buarrr Klingon need drink fight kill sleep good friend story and story and fight and spit on other sell slave travel suffer get scar be unhappy eat her sister take afork and rip off an ear...m mmVan goht is a Klingon....breath the the Nova genesis and die old and sick asking money and be harash by youngers one so the green dogs can carry her body over the road show all the glory of a species.
  • Clobberfest - Heavens Tear
    Clobberfest - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Is anyone else getting the "Don't hotlink large images" default graphic from ImageHack's website?
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Is anyone else getting the "Don't hotlink large images" default graphic from ImageHack's website?

I'm getting that as well. It's a shame because I want to see the comic. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Same for me. I wish I could read it but it says you're hotlinking too a too large file. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Broken image host is broken. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Image link broken. Says "don't hotlink large images" on the imageshack page.
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The term KS has gotten way out of hand lately. Its gotten to the point that now you dont have to even target the same mob as someone else. Just being in an area with other players creates problems. I was on the hill next to whetstone killin yayans a while back. There was a barb and bm there. And even though I was only killin the mobs that they werent, for some reason they told me to stop ks'ing and leave because they were there first. As if they own the whole hill themselves. Ive seen other players call people ks'er over snowmen (which in that situation would make everyone killing snowmen a ks'er to someone. Its ridiculous. The term KS really needs to be re-defined because to many people blow it all out of proportion.

EXACTLY

During the snowman event there were TONS of stupid people who refused to go get lvl 1 bows to be able to compete. Then they would yell & call me out in common chat for killing the same 2 snowmen I had been killing for hours with my bow in a corner all alone. They came up to the area I was in & simply couldn't beat my bow with their pets or weapons on foot. Yet I was the bad guy? And if they had gotten a slingshot from the snowman tamer it says right on there that it gives u a better chance at getting snowmen. So it WAS designed as a competition to hit the snowmen.

The funniest thing about the snowman thing is they would say my level made a difference... but I had a level 1 bow & arrows! So it made us all equal from level 1 on up with the exception of higher level archers. I'm a veno! LOL

This idea that I owe everyone in the game to give everything I EARN to them because they are poor or stupid is FAIL. Compete or leave but keep the QQ to yourself.

KSing is when you are working on a mob or mobs & someone comes along & kills them & steals the xp/spirit/drops because you didn't get 50% of the kill. And when ppl do it to my herc I put him away & watch them die in the mobs as I fly up & out of the way. b:chuckle

Real KSing sux... but stop acting like everyone owes you something in this game or you own a whole area & all the spawned mobs that pop up in it. That's not KSing... that's your own failure to grasp how the game works.
  • Cuzilovehun - Heavens Tear
    Cuzilovehun - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i wanna see the comic but its broken b:sad
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my crappy net wont let me see the comic QQ
  • Tesaie - Sanctuary
    Tesaie - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I can't see it b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm getting that as well. It's a shame because I want to see the comic. b:sad

Fix'd. Thanks to the person who PM'd me in game (forgot the name) b:surrender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    razad wrote: »
    hm..so this is wat ppl do on PvE servers...interesting...b:sleep

I don't know, why don't you go play on one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it is possible to ks a snowman, but it takes a lot of skill and time and patience which I find stupid. One time I was running after a snowman in a littl area where ppl hadn't figured out to use bows yet. This barb ran towards a different one and i thought all was well but then instead of killing that snowmen, he used the sprint to catch up to me and hit the snowman after I killed it but before it had disappeared which is probably about a quarter of a second window. Since he was much, much higher lvl than me he got the stuff even though i got some of the exp/spirit. It was weird and then he laughed at me, so i just took the other two snowmen he neglected with a bow and he ended up with some happy new years and a wuhsing stone and I ended up with a couple celestones of human and earth. HA! That's the only thing I really qualify as ks a snowman though. If he hadn't changed course just to stop me from getting a snowman, he'd probably would've ended up with more exp/drops/spirit. :D

"I used to think stupid people were funny, until I realized how many of them exist."