Tt 3-2

Absoluth - Heavens Tear
Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Archer
I wanted to start doing these runs and i was told archers are like the best tanks for it. Never been on that TT run, so was wondering if i could get a few tips. Gotta farm a mat or 2 there and wondered what would be a decent squad to do it.
Considering 3-1 can be solo'd by a single veno with herc, whats new in 3-2? AoE? Random agro? Whats the minimum HP for a safe tanking?

Any tips are welcome.
PWI:
"Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Absoluth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    idk why would that be good to have an archer tanking anything in 3-2/3-3. doing it with herc(when its possible)/barb/bm just works perfectly.

on bosses there are few short descriptions in dungeans thread, nothing horrific. there are 2 disgusting bosses with sleep, 1 with randomly hardcore aoe, and one which randomly oneshots people(thats 3-3)
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    are you insane? the normal mobs there can one shot archers..

the twilight wraith fighters, guarnobs, and polearms all have stronger p.atk than 3-1 bosses. you need to kill at least 30 monsters to avoid the emperor's AOE, i heard its 50 for minister.

minister and steelation have a sleep aoe, colluseast has a wide stun. emperor has random aggro and an annoying earth dot.

herc can tank coredash, deathflow, djin, and illusion nemen.

archers tanking TT lol... thats ludicrous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • omgwtfbbqfjawoeifj
    omgwtfbbqfjawoeifj Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ops hello.
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I solo or duo 3-2 with a cleric. I can't do emperor soloing though.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Quizenbort - Dreamweaver
    Quizenbort - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not that we really should tank.. but, rather then watching aggro its easyer and faster for us just to tank. The only one I usually let the barb tank is the green sleep guy whos name escapes me.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Not that we really should tank.. but, rather then watching aggro its easyer and faster for us just to tank. The only one I usually let the barb tank is the green sleep guy whos name escapes me.

there is no possible way of archers stealing aggro from fist bm, with similar equipment.

also for minister the magic number is 42.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Quizenbort - Dreamweaver
    Quizenbort - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    there is no possible way of archers stealing aggro from fist bm, with similar equipment.

Did i offend your pride or somthing lol? this is an archer forum.. go back to the BM one. No one asked about BM with simliar equipment. If the BM makes the better tank for the run by all means let them burn their charm.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Did i offend your pride or somthing lol? this is an archer forum.. go back to the BM one. No one asked about BM with simliar equipment. If the BM makes the better tank for the run by all means let them burn their charm.

he asked if you made the best tank it was stated that people try to tank it cause their tired of waching aggro

fist bm > archer

dps wise

QFT
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009

No. Actually i dont have any endgame fist yet. And u are not capable of offending my pride.

U sad that nothing could hold aggro against u. I just stated that u are wrong. And the fact that i have a BM as my icon, doesnt mean idont have archer, or interest in them.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I know the vast majority of the 200 or so 100+ players on sanctuary and none of them are fist BMs. They don't really exist so the point is moot.

I've tanked minister and sorceress before but haven't tried anything else. In general anything you can steal aggro from and live for 10 seconds you can tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009

the twilight wraith fighters, guarnobs, and polearms all have stronger p.atk than 3-1 bosses. you need to kill at least 30 monsters to avoid the emperor's AOE, i heard its 50 for minister.

minister and steelation have a sleep aoe, colluseast has a wide stun. emperor has random aggro and an annoying earth dot.

I tank about 80% of the bosses in 3-2 and 3-3. So does pretty much all 95-100+ archers that run those instances. You have to realize that bosses range attack and mele attack are 2 different things and the range one isn't very hard in HH99 so any range class, wizards to, can tank if they have decent gear.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    archers tank quite a few bosses in 3-2 and 3-3, mainly the sleep bosses so they go by faster
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sir Absoluth, if you have room in your squads, I'd be interested in going along, just see if I can tank these bosses.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the info. I myself most likely cant tank any of the 3-2 ones since im probly the 96 archer with lowest hp around ^^. Hopefuly that changes soon.

Anyways, the sleep/stun mobs. Are they easy like FF bosses?

I never said anything about mobs. As for the bosses, well, the replies on this thread says it all. As someone already mentioned, any boss an archer CAN take the hits, he will be a great tank for it.

Do fist BMs get a dmg or speed boost at 99~100?
    PWI:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the info. I myself most likely cant tank any of the 3-2 ones since im probly the 96 archer with lowest hp around ^^. Hopefuly that changes soon.

Anyways, the sleep/stun mobs. Are they easy like FF bosses?

I never said anything about mobs. As for the bosses, well, the replies on this thread says it all. As someone already mentioned, any boss an archer CAN take the hits, he will be a great tank for it.

Do fist BMs get a dmg or speed boost at 99~100?

we get tt99 fists or 95 lunar cllaws and an extra -.1 interval fron the 99 set giving us our 5 aps and perma spark
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • BrianFields - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Who cares what u fist BM's have, good luck stealing agro from a demon archer with Lunar bow/TT99 cross bow. b:laugh
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    BM with perm spark sounds sweet. If i build my archer corretly, ill get like 0.95 atk rate. Wouldnt be perm as it wouldnt fill chi as fast, but its gonna be brutal. I mean, i right now have 0.77 and after spark, 1.05. Can only imagine spark after 0.95 ^^
    PWI:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BM with perm spark sounds sweet. If i build my archer corretly, ill get like 0.95 atk rate. Wouldnt be perm as it wouldnt fill chi as fast, but its gonna be brutal. I mean, i right now have 0.77 and after spark, 1.05. Can only imagine spark after 0.95 ^^

I have .95 atm, 1.25 after spark b:dirty
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠