The moron population has settled in.

Options
Reikara - Heavens Tear
Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Chronicles
Ok, A friend and I grew tired of trying to catch that rare bunny wabbit
because he kept killing it lol. So We decided we'd get our butt into gear
and get this Fuben29 quest over and done with.

We headed over to archy, got us a party and headed over to the secret
passage. Once inside, the old man gassed out all the mobs for us so we
just had to find the big dude himself Quinzo or wutever his name is.

By the time we got there we realised we were short of one who tells us
just then she got killed at the entrance and tells us to nuke the mobs and head
over to Quinzo while we wait for her to come (which we already did, and during
this whole time she dosen't actually show up at any stage.)

Ok, we make a strategy that the highest level golem shall tank while it's veno
and I heal it and the others fight. That's fine, but she's already gone ahead with
no word and is dead on the floor while we're getting our hides chased back to the
entrance!

Round two: We're all there coming up with a better strategy and suddenly my party
is telling me that I have to heal her pet while the other veno does aswell BUT I can't
make my pet attack quinzo? For some reason they don't like me doing any kind of
damage? wth?

Now i'm not entirely sure here, I may have been in the wrong but from where I
was coming from, I'm a fighter, not a frigging vet. Besides we failed anyway and I
was the only one healing her pet, she was attacking? I didn't mind healing but why
wasn't I allowed to have my pet fight too? Ridiculous.

Here's the convo to gain a better understanding, but any thoughts and opinions here?
(I'm Reikara and Sorry is my friend, Sealed was the other veno and I was arguing with Mikeal
and Fuzzle)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/riann099/2008-09-1418-33-36-1.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/riann099/2008-09-1418-24-00.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/riann099/2008-09-1418-27-24.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/riann099/2008-09-1418-29-42.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/riann099/2008-09-1418-30-44.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/riann099/2008-09-1418-36-56.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/riann099/2008-09-1418-38-26-1.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Reikara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
  • baalzor
    baalzor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i wish i haz sum fwiends tu play wif
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I just want to know why I can't have a party to complete hard quests with without some or all being complete morons o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I dont understand why you wouldnt end in your golem. So long as both venoms are healing the golem that is tanking the rest is irrelevant. Yeah, you'r right, but saying you're not a healer is just stirring the pot. This is a case where you had to be one.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I wouldn't have bothered with the second try if I were you. Best is to get a good faction and fb with faction members who know what they're doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Most players are new to the game and dont have a clue. The initial poll said only 30% of the comunity played PW before on other servers.

So you can expect 70% of players to be idiots and they wil tell you how to do it cos they think they know everything. Just quit the party and get a better one.
  • siegedge
    siegedge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Most players are new to the game and dont have a clue. The initial poll said only 30% of the comunity played PW before on other servers.

So you can expect 70% of players to be idiots and they wil tell you how to do it cos they think they know everything. Just quit the party and get a better one.

Ah, so everyone that didn't play on the other servers are idiots? Ever heard of the pot calling the kettle black? I haven't played on the other servers and I never act like I know everything about the game. If I have a question about the game or how to go about taking on the FB dungeons, I ask.

If you're going to call 70% of the server idiots, then you better be counting yourself as well.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    We have a fairy big chunk of new players in our faction too.

Whenever we go into a FB or go kill a boss or anything, we explains them what will happen and what to do. And what not to do....

Most of the time everything go well.

You should not expect new players to know what to do if they never played the game before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

I wouldn't say that exactly but... sometimes you do have the bad luck of picking up some bad players. I've run with newcomers who think they're "teh 1337" and tell everyone else what to do despite it being like their second FB ever then rush ahead to get killed. I've also run with newcomers who are pretty damn good and understand the importance of teamwork rather than barking orders.

What I can't stand is players who assume Cleric = nurse and proceed to cuss them out when they can't heal or resurrect at that very second or tell them to heal every 5 seconds (this game has potions for a reason...) I for one <3 clerics and appreciate their hard work :3
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Welcome to the world of F2P MMO's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah I played one before, just the idiots there were nothing like these ones >___>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valag - Heavens Tear
    Valag - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sikozu wrote: »

I would say... welcome to world of mmo without restricted registration. There are f2p servers without morons, but most often they have small communities.
    Sad... but true :(
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I hate to be one of the "70% that are idiots", but what are the "FB" quests?
  • Kiira - Heavens Tear
    Kiira - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I hate to be one of the "70% that are idiots", but what are the "FB" quests?

Dungeon quests that you receive at a certain level such as 19. Why the community uses the abbreviated form of it's Asian name is beyond me but that's what it is. I think there's 3 different ones too depending on your race.
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    To answer your question as to why you were asked ot heal.

The FB29 boss does an earth based AOE hit that does a lot of damage. The most known tactic is to get a bunch of werefoxes to send in pets and all heal 1 tank. The others will die if not healed...which is probably why they were saying not to send yours in. If all are spam healing 1 tank, the mob will die eventually.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Epic - Lost City
    Epic - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Why don't you show us your private chat? I see your in sqaud only, but your also sending pms to people.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'd like to suggest moving to the PVP server.
    RQ has been an indirect cause of failguilds moving to the PVE server, and morons in general prefer servers where they can puss out and go blue. You guys must have a nightmare of kids on the PVE server.

Now for Panic and Conqueror to move...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Hederamas - Lost City
    Hederamas - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I dont really think rage quit causing people to move servers is quite in discussion here, but i guess when some players cant handle some simple tactics the constant threat of pk can push them over.

i hated my fb29 completed only barely. after everyone dying with the miniboss in the first large room, purely because noone understood the idea of decent tanking, nor did anyone understand to draw a few monsters out at a time... we had to invite a second lvl 64 cleric and the two of them pretty much just nuked the path and we only had to face the boss... it was shambles, joke was i was meant to be helping two spaniards... but they made me do my call of duty first XD score! coz afterwards those two lvl 64's were so fed up they left!!

i can see why aswell!! good tactics meant that the fb19 was achievable using just myself and a barbarian!
    A Faction With a Difference, Nakatomi!
    xfire.com/clans/nakatomi
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    2 words
    Leeroy Jenkins

@topic
    That is exactly why i ignore any worldchat or guild call for FBs. Not worth my gameplay time.
    The FB29 boss does an earth based AOE hit that does a lot of damage. The most known tactic is to get a bunch of werefoxes to send in pets and all heal 1 tank. The others will die if not healed...which is probably why they were saying not to send yours in. If all are spam healing 1 tank, the mob will die eventually.
    Most common tactic is actually 1 wizard and 1 cleric for "WOOHAY FB29 done with 2 people lv30".
    Dont make simple things complicated.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Feel free to look me up anytime you want a good FB run ;) I love doing fbs and you wont have any problems hehe. But dont be upset if I dont answer PMs, I afk alot, stall, got kids, hubby, house, I dont answer when Im fighting bosses. Doesnt mean I hate you, just means Im busy try again later lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    wow didn't expect to see this here....this is leik eons old. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    This is basically what happend to me in WoW and what made me quit that game.

Find groups for FB:s and bosses when the kids have gone to bed.

It will go much more smoothly that way.

Sorry to generalize, I know that some people that act like little kids are actually adults.
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Funny when you tell them to stay back n they rush in.. or tell them not to hit the mobs till your attacking it so they dont die.. OR!! When a cleric is busy using plume shot and not healing and the wizard trys to heal you!

LMAO or even better!! When the server is 1hr overdue and I pk the first GM I see!!b:angryb:cry
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Funny when you tell them to stay back n they rush in.. or tell them not to hit the mobs till your attacking it so they dont die.. OR!! When a cleric is busy using plume shot and not healing and the wizard trys to heal you!

LMAO or even better!! When the server is 1hr overdue and I pk the first GM I see!!b:angryb:cry

Let them lay there dead tell them I told you! Tell them to wait there and clear to boss, then res them. :)
    And the GM one hits you b:pleased
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Fantastic! Now here's a barrel of memories. Not to dredge up an old topic, but I quit for a while, and then after about a year decided to hit up the forums again. Naturally, the first thing I decided to do was search for my name (admit it, you've all done it at some point. You wanna see if anyone's talking about you). So yeah. I'm the Fuzzle that OP is referring to. And although it's long past anyone caring anymore, let's hear the real story. Mainly for my own nostalgia.

The first time we take a crack at the boss, we have the plan all sorted out. The usual all-venos-heal-the-same-golem thing. Should have worked, but didn't. Reikara somehow didn't get that concept. She just plain attacked the boss. The golem promptly got decimated, and we followed suit, promptly becoming equally decimated.

So take two.. we all go in again, ready to make it happen. I suppose a pep-talk of some sort wouldn't have gone amiss. Unfortunately we had no brilliant orators with amazing speeches lined up, so we just went in uninspired, hoping for rather more success than the ungodly, astounding failure of the first attempt. The best thing to do would be to keep it simple, I reckoned. And less pets = simpler. Because let's face it, Reikara hadn't exactly astounded us. Simpler was better. Also, the much more pragmatic reason was that there was some danger of Reikara's pet taking aggro, which would most definitely get us all killed.

So after deliberating and plotting and planning for ages, while Reikara kept whining at us to hurry up, we finally had the plan down. A brief pause while we made sure everyone was ready. And then off we went. But wait, something was wrong. Reikara was just standing there.. not doing anything. No healing, no nothing. Was she AFK? Was she getting all Gandhi-style passive protest on us? No idea. But anyway, without the benefits of her healing, the pet got efficiently hammered into the ground once again. The rest of us starting running or dying. The last thing I see in the chat bar as I hurl myself towards the exit is Reikara saying something along the lines of "I'm a fighter, not a healer."

So that's why we died the second time. It had nothing to do with our poor planning. It had nothing to do with Reikara not having a pet running around. It had nothing to do with any of us except Reikara. We died because she was too busy typing to heal the pet.

At the time, it wasn't that entertaining. In hindsight, it's hilarious. Even more so when considering that this is FB29 we're talking about here. Not tricky stuff anymore. But deadly for a party of lowbies

Anyway, that's what actually happened. And frankly, I don't blame Reikara for not including that in her little library of screenies. It doesn't exactly reflect well on her. But really, getting us killed and then making a topic complaining about us? Really now...

Good times. A nice trip down memory lane. No hard feelings, Reikara. b:victory
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
This discussion has been closed.