Regarding Assassin Skills.

Morty - Raging Tide
Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
Ok I know this class has just came in, but here's some things that should get sorted;

*Chasing
As we have daggers are range has to be right up close to attack. And mobs that hit and run **** me off, you cant do anything unless that little pause they do while attacking. Its like this;
(You) ---> | ---> | ---> | (Mob) ---->
You keep coming to a dead end.

*Rip Strike + Tackiling Slash
Once you cast these skills, you character auto-stops attacking. Why? Its pointless and annoying. Especially when you think your attacking while chating away but your character is stood there like a ****.

*Shadow Walk
Even at max level I still think this shouldn't drain mana, or no mana at all, no other game is like it and no one has problems, except for the odd QQ threads.

Bloodpaint
This skill don't long last enough, make it 30 mins like everything else. The assassin hardly has nothing to bring in a squad, and make it work on every class, and maybe increase the crappy unnoticeable 2% to 5% maxed.

Other than that, I think its all good.
Kthxbai.
Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
Post edited by Morty - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ok I Know This Class Has Just Came In, But Here's Some Things That Should Get Sorted;

*chasing
    as We Have Daggers Are Range Has To Be Right Up Close To Attack. And Mobs That Hit And Run **** Me Off, You Cant Do Anything Unless That Little Pause They Do While Attacking. Its Like This;
    (you) ---> | ---> | ---> | (mob) ---->
    You Keep Coming To A Dead End.

... Just Tackling Slash Them.... They Can't Move And You Should Be Able To Finish Most Mobs Off That Fast.
    *rip Strike + Tackiling Slash
    once You Cast These Skills, You Character Auto-stops Attacking. Why? Its Pointless And Annoying. Especially When You Think Your Attacking While Chating Away But Your Character Is Stood There Like A ****.i Agree ^_^

*shadow Walk
    even At Max Level I Still Think This Shouldn't Drain Mana, Or No Mana At All, No Other Game Is Like It And No One Has Problems, Except For The Odd Qq Threads.i Don't Really See A Problem......by The Time You Max This You Should Have So Much Mana As To Make It Meaningless...

bloodpaint
    this Skill Don't Long Last Enough, Make It 30 Mins Like Everything Else. The Assassin Hardly Has Nothing To Bring In A Squad, And Make It Work On Every Class, And Maybe Increase The Crappy Unnoticeable 2% To 5% Maxed.
    i Don't Care About The Duration... But I Agree About The 2%... It Does Almost Nothing For Us =p
    Other Than That, I Think Its All Good.
    Kthxbai.

^_^
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok I know this class has just came in, but here's some things that should get sorted;

oh god, i sense another QQ thread
    *Chasing
    As we have daggers are range has to be right up close to attack. And mobs that hit and run **** me off, you cant do anything unless that little pause they do while attacking. Its like this;

yup, just like i thought... well, lets get this sorted.

welcome to melee classes, try playing a barb at 5x... yea, you'll /ragequit in no time
    Once you cast these skills, you character auto-stops attacking. Why? Its pointless and annoying. Especially when you think your attacking while chating away but your character is stood there like a ****.

agreed, these skills (among others) shouldnt cancel auto-attack... however, i'm so used to it now, i've designed my attacking chains to take advantage of it
    *Shadow Walk
    Even at max level I still think this shouldn't drain mana, or no mana at all, no other game is like it and no one has problems, except for the odd QQ threads.

QQ MOAR. at level 85 with maxed "Cat-Like Tread" we are invisible to EVERYONE, so a TINY mana drain is a small price to pay for an OP skill
    Bloodpaint
    This skill don't long last enough, make it 30 mins like everything else. The assassin hardly has nothing to bring in a squad, and make it work on every class, and maybe increase the crappy unnoticeable 2% to 5% maxed.

stop being lazy. spam it like the rest of us do. we aren't a core class in a squad, we're a "backup" support type class... protip: you can stealth, run up to the barb who's tanking, and buff him without worrying about taking aggro

i see no problem with the 2% either. i'm already starting to drain more life than the mobs can deal while i'm grinding... and it'll only get better from here
    Kthxbai.

thx for the fun, bai bai b:bye
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol every melee deals with kiting mobs. get to 5x and do that pyrogoth quest.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well not anymore,barbs were like that before they added movement seal to alacrity now it's pretty easy and you don't chase the mob in the middle of the group like before.
    As for assassins they have the sleep hit and then spark+hit they should kill it in 2-3 hits.And with that skill that gives you 50 chi everytime you use it you won't be down on sparks.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    lol the freeze is like 3s, and doesn't always proc. their stun is 4s if it procs and barbs will not kill something that fast at that level haha.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited December 2009
    I've noticed most times mobs don't move once i used alacrity on them.Tested on harpy cabals which are the worse runners I've met so far.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    my veno tried stunning blow on them (which freezes, ironically), sometimes they move sometimes they don't. :/

they definitely move after being stunned tho, which is stupid. i had no idea harpy cabals kited since i never got a melee char that high...that must suck in the air...
    edited December 2009
    When I'm out of mana(and I never buy pots only refill if i find some)I go above thenm and they run towards the ground,still a pain but atleast i don't get 5-6 harpies on me.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh god, i sense another QQ thread

yup, just like i thought... well, lets get this sorted.

welcome to melee classes, try playing a barb at 5x... yea, you'll /ragequit in no time

Fail.

agreed, these skills (among others) shouldnt cancel auto-attack... however, i'm so used to it now, i've designed my attacking chains to take advantage of it

just because you are don't mean everyone else is, nor does it mean to keep it stop attacking.

QQ MOAR. at level 85 with maxed "Cat-Like Tread" we are invisible to EVERYONE, so a TINY mana drain is a small price to pay for an OP skill

Its not overpowered, i take it this is your first time being a sin?

stop being lazy. spam it like the rest of us do. we aren't a core class in a squad, we're a "backup" support type class... protip: you can stealth, run up to the barb who's tanking, and buff him without worrying about taking aggro

just because I don't wana click the mouse every 3 mins for a skill that is mere useless, I'm lazy?

i see no problem with the 2% either. i'm already starting to drain more life than the mobs can deal while i'm grinding... and it'll only get better from here

No you don't, 2% don't cover the damage taken.

thx for the fun, bai bai b:bye

/fail.

////10char.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009

this actually made me crack up. you have a way with words.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this actually made me crack up. you have a way with words.

Picking out all the spelling mistakes is hard work b:surrender
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Fail.

just because you are don't mean everyone else is, nor does it mean to keep it stop attacking.
    Auto attack stopping isn't that big a deal...

Its not overpowered, i take it this is your first time being a sin?
    It is OP... have you pked?

just because I don't wana click the mouse every 3 mins for a skill that is mere useless, I'm lazy?
    So if it's useless don't use it, problem solved

No you don't, 2% don't cover the damage taken.
    are you his level? Do you know how much he dodges/takes per hit/deals in one hit? No so gtfo you don't know how much it covers

thx for the fun, bai bai

/fail.

/fail
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear26
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear26 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009

*Chasing

I can agree with this at low levels, but se do get skills to stun, sleep, and immobilize whatever we are attacking. Oh, we also get 2 skills that teleport us to the mobs location, 1 which stuns them as well. Level a bit more before you QQ

Pay more attention to what you're killing instead of chatting about w/e. Or try out a different combo instead of being set in just 1 attack method.

*Shadow Walk

If you knew ANYTHING about PvP, you'd know that this skill is going to be very deadly, and make assassins very OP'd in PvP. Remember, the entire world isn't PvE only.

Bloodpaint

First of all, it's not like the skill costs a charm tick to recast.
    Second, not all buffs should last 30 mins +. (Bramble for instance)
    Third, An assassin has everything to bring to a squad that an archer does, except that we have more debuffs to use.
    Fourth and Final, the 2% drain is VERY useless at lower levels, but even at my level (56) all I do is go up to a mob, attack it w/o skills, and I come out at max HP as though I never got touched.

Kthxbai.

kthxbai
    /end flame
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009

*Chasing

Let me quote you a little. "I take it this is your first time playing melee classes"? What would you like oh grand and exalted supreme dictator? a 15 metre range on your daggers? Or for mobs to just stop running altogether and stand there more mindlessly than they already are? Oh I know. You just want to click on a mob and want it on a platter for you.

*Shadow Walk

See other thread.

Bloodpaint

"Man, this is pissing me off. Using minimal movement of a single finger on a keyboard to apply a force of less than 1 newton to a key of 1 cm in width. And you know what's more? I have to do it every 3 minutes or so. Can you believe that? Making me move a finger more than 5mm in an interval more frequent than 10 hours? What's this world coming to?"

Yeah you know what? I think rebuffing is a fatiguing action and should not be recommended for the weak, pregnant or elderly.

Kthxbai.

lolomgwtfbbq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Senaira - Raging Tide
    Senaira - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Woot?? Bloodpaint 5%?? No potusing anymore...yeah go ahead, this is awesome XD

God please, dont do this. Just some numbers.

Level 43 Mold Dagger (yeah still no TT Dagger) + Slipstream level 10 + 2 Spark Burst + being a weird safty build with 50 base vit = 10k Crits on Mobs. 2% of this means 200 HP back.

Another number. Normal hits with Fury Burst = 2k. 2% of that makes 40 HP back to me while I hit 3 times between 2 mobs attacks.

And this is really nothing compared to what I would do and get, if I would running around with my 60 TT Daggers or with the 69 Mold Daggers. So it's powerful enough.
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I pull an easy 5k reg skill hits, and 10-12k crits, so that's 100 hp per hit, 200+ per crit, healed by bloodpaint. Now most mobs deal maybe 300 damage maximum on me, and they get 1-2 hits before they die, so overall I'm not doing too bad, so I suggest next time you QQ about a skill you actually get to a decent level. As for the other things you QQed about, other people stated my opinion just fine.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    All threads posted in the incorrect section will be moved or locked. Please post in the correct section to prevent your threads from being closed. This is being enforced due to the influx of threads being posted incorrectly.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009

*Chasing

rofl, welcome to meleeing. i assume u only played a veno/wiz right?

learn to pay attention and chain ur skills

*Shadow Walk

you HAVE to be kidding me right? this game is the only game i played so far with a cloaking/invisble skill that can last as long as u want it to last... with charms or pots u can make it last for hours especially if the skill is maxed... most other MMOs have a short time limit to a skill like this with a long cooldown. in this game its a short cooldown and u can pratically stay invisble forever. its insanely OPed compared to other games. and the mana it drains is minscule... down to only 14 mana/sec when maxed.

Bloodpaint

quit ur assassin right now cuz this comment along with the "i hate mobs that kite they **** me off QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ" is just so ****ing fail that it astounds me how u got this far on ur sin without rage quitting yet.

Kthxbai.

morty, judging from all the post u made since day 1 about assassin u have no clue on how to use them and only pretend that u do. i suggest u stfu and learn how to play the class.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    morty, judging from all the post u made since day 1 about assassin u have no clue on how to use them and only pretend that u do. i suggest u stfu and learn how to play the class.

I couldn't have said it better myselfb:cute

Wait...

"Morty, judging from all the posts and threads you made since day one about the assassin class, you have no clue on how to play an assassin, and only pretend you do. I suggest you stfu and l2p the class."

:D
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I pull an easy 5k reg skill hits, and 10-12k crits, so that's 100 hp per hit, 200+ per crit, healed by bloodpaint. Now most mobs deal maybe 300 damage maximum on me, and they get 1-2 hits before they die, so overall I'm not doing too bad, so I suggest next time you QQ about a skill you actually get to a decent level. As for the other things you QQed about, other people stated my opinion just fine.
    I have a pure dex sin in the 70s and with lv69 dagger+3'ed the dmg does not go that far even with skills. Either you are targeting real low lvl mobs (aka oracle mobs) or actually refined OVER +5 on your dagger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have a pure dex sin in the 70s and with lv69 dagger+3'ed the dmg does not go that far even with skills. Either you are targeting real low lvl mobs (aka oracle mobs) or actually refined OVER +5 on your dagger

+6 currently (free tishas ftw ^^) Also using a near maxed for my level chill of the deep and skill spamming, easy 5ks ^^
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009

*Chasing

Since we have skills made to "control the target", i don't see problems. Also, this happens only with magical and archers mobs. The damage output is enough to kill immobilized mobs and damage over time such bleeding do the rest.

yes effectively it's strange that after two attack skills the character stop attacking. i can only see this like an ulterior form of security made to control better your moves and decide with more precision. By the way you can always right click again or use an attack skill in sequence.

*Shadow Walk

it's a good skill, but pbviously it costs such a huge quantity of mana. Consider that this skill is supposed to be used with the two passive skills that increase awareness and stealth level. Obviously without this combo its true potential can't be used, and its utility can be misunderstood.

Bloodpaint

I totally agree with you. A little increase of % leveling this skill would be prefered. Also the duration, considering that at early levels mp are very low, 100 mp at level 1 are too much. but i think that they didn't increase its power cause of the original purpouse of the assassin and to do not unbalance too much the class. Damaging per second a mobs with also a good healing buffs means almost invincibility on pve ground. Let'd slow the attack speed of the mobs and the game is done :)

Kthxbai.

That's all i think for now, but more levels and more quests means more variety and more possibilities to judge :)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    +6 currently (free tishas ftw ^^) Also using a near maxed for my level chill of the deep and skill spamming, easy 5ks ^^
    you will cry later +6ing at lv 70s :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan