Sage Dragon Breath area effect smaller

Options
OldKiller - Sanctuary
OldKiller - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
I changed my Dragon Breath for Sage one and after i changed it the effect damage area is smaller.

Im 100% sure about it.

Please some GM fix it, its causing me a lot of problems.

I made a lot of tests and if it dont say the AOE is going to decrease if we chagne it for sage or demon one.
Post edited by OldKiller - Sanctuary on

Comments

• OldKiller - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Also the stun is bugged too, everytime a mob gets stun by my Dragon Breath i get agro of the mob.

Someone please fix it as quick as possible or put my Dragon Breath for lvl 10 back.

So now i cant go Delta anymore? the Sage Dragron Breath should upgrade it and not ruined the skill

I cant play like this.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Stunning attempts draw aggro from mobs, that part is working as normal. It's how BMs draw aggro when barb dies in rebirth to start. Just unlucky to only find that out now.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • OldKiller - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So if its not a bug this sage effect is totally wrong, why a Wizard a Mage char with Arcane Robe and low Physical Deffence would want to take agro?

Its tottaly noob, i need an answer from developer about this issue.

We are mages wearing Robes not Barbarian wearing Heavy.

Come on... b:angry
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Tela is right. stuns DO draw aggro. concerning range I've never heard anything like that for sage DB. As you're sure of that I suggest you send a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Most likely they didn't worry about it, since it wouldn't be that bad a deal for the most part. However, Rebirth and its mobs all at once will mess it up pretty bad.

One thing to try, would be having the barbarian let more mobs through in the beginning. Would have to work out how many, but you should be able to draw the aggro from your DB stuns with the mobs in a tight position, as long as the cleric isn't so close they're groping you as some like to do. During the lull between their swapping aggro to you, the BM has clear shot to deal his own stun before going into his AoE chain. Dunno if it will work, but if nothing else it should prevent too many aggro'ing on you all at once. Maybe have barb let the first few, and last few through?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So if its not a bug this sage effect is totally wrong, why a Wizard a Mage char with Arcane Robe and low Physical Deffence would want to take agro?

Its tottaly noob, i need an answer from developer about this issue.

We are mages wearing Robes not Barbarian wearing Heavy.

Come on... b:angry

b:shocked
    Maybe they want sage wizards to be heavy armor wearers.
    b:infuriated
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I changed my Dragon Breath for Sage one and after i changed it the effect damage area is smaller.

Im 100% sure about it.

Please some GM fix it, its causing me a lot of problems.

I made a lot of tests and if it dont say the AOE is going to decrease if we chagne it for sage or demon one.
    The radius of this spell has not been changed.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• OldKiller - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »

to be honest the range its not the main problem.

The Problem is, how can a Sage wizard with Sage Dragon Breath can make Delta or other Things with this effect?

We are Mage class wearing Arcane Robe, we have very low Physical Defence.

We can not get agro with our only AOE attack.

Please its not only with me, its about all Sage Wizards im sure want this effect removed or Changed.

After i made the change i started to ask other Sages Wizard and they dont go with Sage Dragon Breath due this problem.

As i already told we are Arcane Robe class not Heavy class.

Thanks alot for your attention.
    Have a blessed day.
  • OldKiller - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That is some way i can have Dragon Breath skill reseted?

As everyone knows we can reset genie skills / atributes / stats and other things.

So it might be a way for we get in boutique a item to reset a skill or something.

I really cant keep playing with the skill effect like this.

I hope someone can help me about this issue or i think its the end for me on pwi.
  • Nephandus - Heavens Tear
    Nephandus - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That is some way i can have Dragon Breath skill reseted?

As everyone knows we can reset genie skills / atributes / stats and other things.

So it might be a way for we get in boutique a item to reset a skill or something.

I really cant keep playing with the skill effect like this.

I hope someone can help me about this issue or i think its the end for me on pwi.

I really don't think that will be possible... If they did it for you, they would be doing it for everyone... What an administrative nightmare that would be. Bugfixes would come way before tweaking your stats...

Sorry...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OldKiller - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I really don't think that will be possible... If they did it for you, they would be doing it for everyone... What an administrative nightmare that would be. Bugfixes would come way before tweaking your stats...

Sorry...

if you cant help dont post here please.

Im not asking for make it only for me.

When you put a skill to Sage its to get better effect and not a barb or BM effect.

All im asking is reset my skill nothing more than it.

I cant play with getting agro all the time...

I didnt know i was going to get agro with Sage Dragon Breath...

I have been working hard to get exp and now i will lose everything i have build because of it?
  • JeanDeArc - Sanctuary
    JeanDeArc - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    god dam you guys.. is not taking agro because stun.. its only because you dmg. barb aoe agro skills not that powerfull. just need let barb build agro before do full dmg. why you think that archers using lower lvl weapons/waiting in bosses etc. agro skills do low dmg.. i can take agro aways to barb even fist.. it not big deal.. just need control you dmg.. and problem is solved..
  • OldKiller - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    god dam you guys.. is not taking agro because stun.. its only because you dmg. barb aoe agro skills not that powerfull. just need let barb build agro before do full dmg. why you think that archers using lower lvl weapons/waiting in bosses etc. agro skills do low dmg.. i can take agro aways to barb even fist.. it not big deal.. just need control you dmg.. and problem is solved..

im 100% sure its because of the stun, i already tested it on delta.

I have done delta a lot and never had any problem, so i tested delta with sage Dragon breath guess what? i die/die and die all the time, it was very hard at stage 1 and failed at stage 3 because i die all the time.

Even without weapon on my hand and Dragon Breath i had almost all mobs on me after 10 or 20 seconds.

How come a Mage skill take agro from barbs and Blade master?

As i already told other times, Wizard use Arcane Robe and low pdef, we shoulndt be getting the agro.

If you want to test go delta with a Sage wizard with Sage Dragon Breath.

The main reason i played pwi its because of delta so get exp and make money, on my lvl its very hard to get exp and without delta i dead.

You guys need to understand me, it was very hard to reach the lvl im right now and i really dont want to get retired just because of 1 skill b:sad b:sad
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't know about sage db stealing aggro, but if it's anything like BM with drake bash then yes. A bm will have a hard time stealing aggro from barbs while he's using axe. However, when the bm uses drake bash he usually steals aggro from barb right after. This has been tested at least 20 times just to be sure. For those that don't know, drake bash is a bm stun skill. It often reset aggro. If you use TT80 stun axes on a boss, mob, or w/e you will reset aggro each time it stuns.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Stun mechanics.

It's not class specific so your "Wizard shouldn't get aggro from sage DB" is not a very strong point in case. It has been rather well known that sage DB "resets" aggro.

Again, stun mechanics. It's how it works. Nothing is going to be done about it as it will affect how stuns operate (and BMs directly).
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    only solution me can think of.....
    run rebirth delta with one cleric and 5 wizards all with sage DB and perma stun all those friggers.
    b:chuckle
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »

b:surrender The size of the AoE has changed. It used to go like this...

You had to run to within 6 meters of the target to begin the AoE. After that, anything within 12 meters of you was hit. It said so in the skill and I have used it enough to know it's range and effects.

Recently, that's changed. It is now 6 meters to the target and 6 meter radius. The range has been reduced. I would really like this to, if nothing else, be explained.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Going sage was probably a mistake but you can not undo your past.

But I believe you can do delta if you do not let the barbarian pile up all the monsters.

The whole point of a barbarian gathering up a huge pile of monsters is so that he can cheaply pull aggro on them. But since he does not have the aggro skills to do so, he should be working with you, letting your stuns reduce some of your incoming damage and pulling aggro off you when he can to reduce damage further.

You may also need better gear, so you can survive.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What you are describing is 100% normal for every Wizard I have run Delta with.

It is the high damage that draws aggro, along with the stun.

I think I am more curious as to your "low pdef" since you keep touching on it....I say this because most high level Wizzies have more pdef then I do and I am fully sharded with Garnets....qq

Anyways...the Cleric in BB should be close to the Wiz...enough so that if looks like there will be a charm tick, he/she/you can use Earthquake (Genie Skill for GV Genie) and knock them back giving time for the Wizzies HP to recover some.

Lvl 11 Breathe has the same effect as Lvl 11 Barage --> Aggro WILL Happen

In terms of the area of effect, never heard about it...and I am sure something would have been said from the Wizzies that run Delta....seems odd b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.