pking equipment

Options
emoretrospective
emoretrospective Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
soo alot of ppl are sayin that sins will own in pvp and alot are saying they suck (mostly the ppl that are biased on w.e class they play as) im not sure either way yet as im only lvl 40 cnt pk that much since a lot of ppl oracled all the way to lvl 70 -_-. but i was wondering for armor and such what do u recoomend in terms of gems? for my bm i always put in hp gems but i was thinking evesion gems for sins not sure how that will work out. and in terms protecttion or elemental or w.e the other type of ornament is (i forget b:surrender) wat do u reccomend?
Post edited by emoretrospective on

Comments

• Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In my personal opinion, evasion is too unreliable. You should either add HP shards, or a combination of garnets and sapphires because LA has horrible overall defense. I would try to keep my magical defense higher since we already have a naturally high evasion rate to protect us from physical attacks. But either way, I don't think you should add evasion gems or ornaments.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You should not have to worry about sharding your gear till at a minimum 6x....I would wait until 7x though tbh if you are going to do anything.

Go HP.....Evasion is...ummmm...well ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • emoretrospective
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You should not have to worry about sharding your gear till at a minimum 6x....I would wait until 7x though tbh if you are going to do anything.

Go HP.....Evasion is...ummmm...well ****.

i like to pk and with everyone 10-15 lvls above me sharded gear is the only way for me to even stand a chance. and im extremely squishy as a sin so im guessing it would help in pve to. and y do evasion shards suck?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can only remember one person that was good at pk with evasion shards. Rest of the LA pkers shard for hp (citrine). That should tell you something. Its because you cannot avoid magic attacks (you can resist but, not avoid).
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah, evasion shards are **** imo.

Like Lloyd said, you can't evade magic attacks, and personally I would rather have a lot more HP to survive being smacked on than have a slightly better chance to avoid damage. b:surrender
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i like to pk and with everyone 10-15 lvls above me sharded gear is the only way for me to even stand a chance. and im extremely squishy as a sin so im guessing it would help in pve to. and y do evasion shards suck?

Read below...but you will get MUCH more out of HP shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • emoretrospective
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can only remember one person that was good at pk with evasion shards. Rest of the LA pkers shard for hp (citrine). That should tell you something. Its because you cannot avoid magic attacks (you can resist but, not avoid).

makes sense. well then hp it is. thnx b:victory
  • warrenbaxter
    warrenbaxter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    mmm PK at lvl 40?? u wont survive anyways with no matter which shards u use... As if high lvls will resist their temptation to kill a white named Low lvl... I bet u will enjoy it..... b:laugh

I am not trying to be mean but frankly i dont believe that this is lvl to do PK, concentrate on PvE gain some lvl atleast 70 then think about PvP... Though real PvP starts at 90 with 90s gears.
  • Twsted - Raging Tide
    Twsted - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    mmm PK at lvl 40?? u wont survive anyways with no matter which shards u use... As if high lvls will resist their temptation to kill a white named Low lvl... I bet u will enjoy it..... b:laugh

I am not trying to be mean but frankly i dont believe that this is lvl to do PK, concentrate on PvE gain some lvl atleast 70 then think about PvP... Though real PvP starts at 90 with 90s gears.

lol new server :) most ppl are around lvl 50 or so. except the oraclers
    is it jus me or does every thread turn into a flame thread at some point? wheres the love?? b:cry
    WTF is a gank? -_- its called pvp
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im possibly going to try lean toward pdef garnet gems again, same as my cleric but with a little more HP to cover up the lack of magic defence on an LA sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    where's that over the top lmao face when i need it

For pvp purposes I friggen loved evade shards on sin, but it's a crossover on what you're willing to pay for.

As a sin you can block out mag dmg and status effects using your skills, we're one of the only classes that has a built in way to take 1 dmg vs a whole spell or skill. Hp and phys shards work wonders when trying to keep in balance for doing both but honestly when a bm 30 levels above you misses four fifths of the time it rocks.

I intend to be anti caster as a sin, so that evade saves my **** when the cleric I'm putting down has her bm/archer/barb try to jump me and miss nearly every shot.

Either way if you want strictly pvp set up choose a type completely and stick with it, just my opinion. If you block, get a bad **** phys set up. If you soak shard hp. If you like to gamble a bit and skip damage entirely shard evade.

While evade is a declining percentage in pvE, it's quite useful in pvp against physical attacks and stacks with skills to be useful against magic as well.

ex: (can't remember the name atm b:chuckle) at lvl 62 before i sharded phys for ease on the wallet and play for pvE , I had 35% evade rate on mobs my level, click the skill that adds 22.5% to evade skills and damage and bam that's 57.5% chance to be missed entirely or take 1 damage when a hit is made.

When used in a bh, I can say that having a 47% evade against the normal mobs(w.o skill active) makes them more of a joke than they already were. The only issue is the bosses which drop eva to 3% where unless very well set on gear we don't have any business being the tank to begin with.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Twsted - Raging Tide
    Twsted - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    where's that over the top lmao face when i need it

For pvp purposes I friggen loved evade shards on sin, but it's a crossover on what you're willing to pay for.

As a sin you can block out mag dmg and status effects using your skills, we're one of the only classes that has a built in way to take 1 dmg vs a whole spell or skill. Hp and phys shards work wonders when trying to keep in balance for doing both but honestly when a bm 30 levels above you misses four fifths of the time it rocks.

I intend to be anti caster as a sin, so that evade saves my **** when the cleric I'm putting down has her bm/archer/barb try to jump me and miss nearly every shot.

Either way if you want strictly pvp set up choose a type completely and stick with it, just my opinion. If you block, get a bad **** phys set up. If you soak shard hp. If you like to gamble a bit and skip damage entirely shard evade.

While evade is a declining percentage in pvE, it's quite useful in pvp against physical attacks and stacks with skills to be useful against magic as well.

ex: (can't remember the name atm b:chuckle) at lvl 62 before i sharded phys for ease on the wallet and play for pvE , I had 35% evade rate on mobs my level, click the skill that adds 22.5% to evade skills and damage and bam that's 57.5% chance to be missed entirely or take 1 damage when a hit is made.

When used in a bh, I can say that having a 47% evade against the normal mobs(w.o skill active) makes them more of a joke than they already were. The only issue is the bosses which drop eva to 3% where unless very well set on gear we don't have any business being the tank to begin with.
    the thing about that monster miss rate is even when the mob has like 45% chance of missing they somehow still manage to hit u 8/10 times. against phys at users in pvp it seems liek it would kick **** though(and i love that skill! lvl 60+ wiz used that water dragon spell boom everyone dead except me b:chuckle ran liek hell though) eehhh i think ill experiment with both
    is it jus me or does every thread turn into a flame thread at some point? wheres the love?? b:cry
    WTF is a gank? -_- its called pvp