Assassins require the most skill of any class to play well?

2»

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If a bm/veno is hard for you guys you are not playing your class good,fail or need new gear i got allmost evrey class to lvl 60 bm is fist thow easy pve and in pvp i 2 shot robes with crits and venos are simple i can gind fast as my bm faster at times and all you need 2 do in pvp is debuff amp with pets bleed + your skills anyone but a pro barb will be dead unless you cant play your class that is b:surrender
    ( both my alts have good gear for there lvl 4k hp at 66 on my bm with 5 vit) b:pleased

cash shoping makes all classes easyb:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I dunno I can macro most mobs at on a level 29 assassin but then again only got to 29 and its still really simple.

=_= although I beg to differ venos are not the easiest class to play.......BMs are hard too but venos are murder when its your first class. If you have it easy on a veno like the BM then you are doing it wrong. This does not hold true to barbs which are in my opinion the easiest class to play out of every other class albeit a bit more time consuming and sometimes more expensive.

thats not true... my VERY FIRST char on this game was a veno and they are insanely easy. basically heal pet and throw a few scarabs heal pet throw a few scarabs till mob dies. rinse and repeat. and magmites make it even easier since u dont rly have to heal them much.

ya idk about u but i found venos the EASIEST class i have ever played in any MMO... the fact that they have there pets tanking for them and venos themselves take no dmg what so ever is breezy lvling. i stoped lvling my veno to play my sin and found out how hard sin was compared to veno. i had to get adjusted to fact that i was no longer immortal...

venos are just so insanely easy to play and control. if i have to recommend a good beginner starter class it would DEFIANTLY be veno. now as far as pvp is concerned thats a different story. all classes have a different lvl of difficulty when transferring from pve to pvp. but as far as pvp and grinding is concerend a veno is by faaaaar the easiest. and once u add a herc/nyx to that then well its like putting a nachos/BBQ plate infront of a man in a lazyboy comfort chair while he is watching the football game on a 50inc plasma TV.

so on the contrary, if ur having a tough time lvling a veno then u are 4 sure doing something wrong lol.
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well for as high as I got all my characters...Veno was the easiest...I actually found it boringly easy. Just my opinion...I don't claim my opinions as facts X3
  • Magemale - Dreamweaver
    Magemale - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pvp FTwb:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol. In what way are blademasters the simplest to play?
    if its a class that you can afford to look away from the screen for 10sec and still see yourself or others alive, or not have to face some kind of squad consequence, then its fairly easy.

The question is not how hard can you MAKE the class, its how hard is it on average compared to other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:surrender up until level 70 my gear was top of the line my skills were maxed out the extent they could be. =_= being a veno was quite hard although I don't know how hard the other classes would be if I had started them first but all the other classes just seem easy in comparison and its not just debuff and amp and let your pet fight. b:bye But I will not argue the finer points of being a veno its quite useless.

Still assassin is quite simple I guess its just me though. (or the fact I actually use hp pots that could be it. :P )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your first class is always the hardest to play. You have to take into consideration the learning curve.

As a bm I've had to run around protecting squishy's and stuff in squads(doing my job). And I thought that was pretty fun. And you have to pay attention.

But I now have a cleric alt which has been so easy to play...except in squads. Maybe its just because I've never had to really pay attention to every ones life bars. But now I do. And watch the mini map for adds. And I can't go afk to the bathroom during boss's anymore....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I still remember my first character , which was a cleric and I was with heavy plate and wacking mods to dead with a sword b:surrender .....

But about the treath.

Most of the classes can do insane stuff to survive or be killed b:faint
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Umm i switched from a tanker to ranged DD and boy it was tough to start with. Always charged in thinking I was a tanker and died soon after :P.

Anyways as far as easiness of gameplay goes, I believe archers and wizards have it pretty easy compared to most classes. Being ranged gives a certain advantage when you need to target non-grouping but aggro mobs (example, saphire planesharks, minion of alucard, vampiric nightstalkers, huggy hares etc clustered together. Also if you ever aggro more than one mob, you can easily judge if you can handle them or not and kite as required. The only challenge here is to watch that aggro :P

Barbs, as easy as their gameplay might seem am pretty sure its hard for them. Being a tank its their job to hold aggro and holding aggro on multiple mobs can be difficult. Also if the right skills arent used you can end up causing a squad wipe. On top of this, magic mobs would definitely cause a lot of trouble for these brave kitties if theyre hunting alone.

BMs, mob control, off-tanking, melee DD. When you need to do so many things and switch between weapons (a good Bm would do it based on the situation) you would need really fast fingers and reaction times for playing this well.

Veno, requires a really good pet :). The venos primary weapon is the pet and if its not good its gonna be hell. So apart from levelling themselves and their skills they would also need to level their pets and its skills. This takes quite a bit of effort but if done correctly, theyre pretty much set and can do quite a lot of things by themselves without much help. This would pretty much put them at the top of the easiest relative to the others.

Cleric, its hard. End of Discussion. I dont think I need to elaborate on this :P

Assassin, this would really require a skilled player no matter how you look at it. Timing is everything for this class and if you do not get it right, youre gonna be spending quite a bit on keeping yourself alive. A skilled assassin would not need to use pots as such, much less a charm. They have great capabilities but only if used corrected.

Psychics, I guess I could place them with wizards for now.

Therefore with relative easinesss (from easiest to hardest) my rating would go as follows:-

1.) Venomancers
    2.) Archers
    3.) Wizards & Psychics
    4.) Barbarians
    5.) Clerics
    6.) Blademasters and Assassins
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if played correctly im gonna assume assassin will need more split second skill switch playing. More so than a cleric handing out IH, or barb or BM changing target aggro, or archer putting up buffs once they see they got aggro. Sin actually seems to have more skills that may be able to make up for gear diff. between individuals. But frankly i doubt many in this game will be able to master that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan