Question about pet food

Senanu - Sanctuary
Senanu - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
hey all, just wondering if I can obtain meat, hay & water from killing critters or if I have to buy these items from catshops .. The prices I've seen seem a bit steep..

any suggestions would be great

b:thanks
I was standing in the park wondering why frisbee's got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Senanu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• CountIfrit - Harshlands
    CountIfrit - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/
    You can search items and it will tell you the monsters that drop them with locations. - Water you can buy from the Pet Manager NPC for a relatively low price.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hey all, just wondering if I can obtain meat, hay & water from killing critters or if I have to buy these items from catshops .. The prices I've seen seem a bit steep..

any suggestions would be great

b:thanks

Buy them from Pet master.

50 per bottle of water is not a high price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah - hay is used for a couple of quests, and meat and hay are needed to feed the rare pets. To just feed normal pets, buy water (or oil if you're impatient) at the pet manager. (Water does actually drop - the steam-powered-robot-cats south of the swamp drop it, and every time I type that I giggle a little. Oil drops in 59 a heck of a lot.)
  • CuteRage - Dreamweaver
    CuteRage - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I used water in the beginning as they are cheap to get from pet manager.
  • Senanu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    thanks very much :<)
    I was standing in the park wondering why frisbee's got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Save all the hay that you get. You need 80 pieces of it for a quest later on in the game.
  • Senanu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    great, thanks for the tip!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    80? I've hit a quest that needs 50 (level 75-ish quest), haven't seen any others other than the pet bag expansion one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Save all the hay that you get. You need 80 pieces of it for a quest later on in the game.

I've deleted that quest on at least 3 characters. You can buy oracles for less and get as much experience and more coins. Rather grind the hay and sell it :) more profitable in so many ways. Unless you are one of those ppl who aren't satisfied unless you complete things in their entirety! Then of course your need to complete the quest would be greater than the profit you may or may not incur.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Unless you are one of those ppl who aren't satisfied unless you complete things in their entirety! Then of course your need to complete the quest would be greater than the profit you may or may not incur.

I have been looking at that quest for 20 some odd levels and i look at it every day when i look in my quest log for wq. I figure i will buy the darn hay at some point just to make it go away b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]