/poke

countvain
countvain Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
Hola!

I'm new and am currently in the process of downloading Pwi, Data.pck (2/14) /zzzzzzz

I was looking through the realms list to predefine which one I liked, and this one tickled my fancy :O! You nawty people yew.

So I thought while the game was downloading I would take it upon myself to get a few questions potentially answered before I start my lifelong quest to lvl100.

My understanding is the game has been out for quite sometime, which leaves with with the fear that low lvl is dead and gone. With the majority of players on much higher lvl characters. Is this so here or is there still an influx of new players *like myself* to keep me active as we climb the ever lasting ladder of lvl's.

Secondly, I'm a rather social person by nature and one who enjoys a good banter over trivial silly things. As such I tend to find guilds to be a very important thing. Are there Guilds about that recruit new players? How is the game in reference to player to player interaction, friends for the most part?

Right now I'm debating creating a healer but I tend to find they're not so easy to solo grind *being a healer and not a DD that is* Were I to make one would I be able to find groups? OR are they in this specific game able to DD grind effectively?

*looks like the game just finished! *installs*
Post edited by countvain on

Comments

• PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There is still an influx of new player.
    For guilds CLIKC HERE!!
  • Kebo - Harshlands
    Kebo - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I thought u put GTFO pic again. b:victory
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    blah i made guild on my wizard ur welcome to join anytime u want. ^^ right now its mostly 20's - 30's any welcome just mail my wizzard and ill get 2 u :D wizzard's name ----> GonaKillYa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    theres alot of new players all the time.since u said ur social by nature i think cleric would be good for u.
    yes,its healer but u can dd too so grinding might be even easier then
    some other classes since u got ability to heal ur self.
    also,theres new factions every day..depends on the faction what lvls they are looking for but i am sure u wouldnt have any problems finding one b:victory
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i think ull like mine :D we r talkitive. also building!! idc if ur new player, vet, mid, any1 and every1 is welcome!!!!!! mail my wizzard if u wana join ----> GonaKillYa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I thought u put GTFO pic again. b:victory
    http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1081/avatar21682.gif
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Welcome to HL and I hope u enjoy it, dont rush to lvl100 cuz it will take a whileb:victory
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Welcome countvain :)
    Just remember Harshlands is a pvp server. So alongside socializing with friends, you'll also have some inevitable grief and drama. Stay positive and have fun b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To OP about clerics:

We do heal effectively, but we also have DDing capabilities. Clerics aren't stunted in attack power, so you can solo grind if you'd like, but they're also essential to parties, so it's not hard for a cleric to get a party for whatever they need. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Q_Q - Raging Tide
    Q_Q - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Welcome to HL and I hope u enjoy it, dont rush to lvl100 cuz it will take a whileb:victory

Lies.. I heard $10,000 gets you to 101 in no time b:victory
  • Shinen - Harshlands
    Shinen - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well It took ages to download so I've only had a few hours gametime so far, but I have to say I've really enjoyed it.

It's so nice to play a game where people are actually friendly, and I was really happy to see people leveling with me right from the start. Seeing people talk in general, talk nicely! to each other, really refreshing.

So I think I'll stick around.

I'm still debating what I want to lvl, so far I've made this guy. A Psy, [lvl 16 about to hit 17] it's the typical character type I p[lay so I felt like testing the game with what I already know well. It';s been really fun, the Xp pace and abundant quests make it a nice smooth transition into the game.

I'm still looking for a friendly guild to join, but I'm not going to worry too much about that until I know what I want to play. I think I'm most interested in Cleric, Psy and Barb. They interest me playstyle wise.

Any hints tips opinions from all you Vets out there? I'm new to Pwi but I'm a vet in the mmo world, So I'm happy to hear any and all advice anyone has.
  • Shinen - Harshlands
    Shinen - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Welcome countvain :)
    Just remember Harshlands is a pvp server. So alongside socializing with friends, you'll also have some inevitable grief and drama. Stay positive and have fun b:victory

Thanks for the warning ^^

I really enjoy PVP, so I'm not bothered by being killed at low lvl by high end bored ones, nor am I bothered by any grief I may get were the situation to be the opposite. So I'm sure I'll fit in fine! *hopes*
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well It took ages to download so I've only had a few hours gametime so far, but I have to say I've really enjoyed it.

It's so nice to play a game where people are actually friendly, and I was really happy to see people leveling with me right from the start. Seeing people talk in general, talk nicely! to each other, really refreshing.

I'm still debating what I want to lvl, so far I've made this guy. A Psy, [lvl 16 about to hit 17] it's the typical character type I p[lay so I felt like testing the game with what I already know well. It';s been really fun, the Xp pace and abundant quests make it a nice smooth transition into the game.

I'm still looking for a friendly guild to join, but I'm not going to worry too much about that until I know what I want to play. I think I'm most interested in Cleric, Psy and Barb. They interest me playstyle wise.

Any hints tips opinions from all you Vets out there? I'm new to Pwi but I'm a vet in the mmo world, So I'm happy to hear any and all advice anyone has.

disclaimer: game experience will go thru a major change past lvl30. guaranteed.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Its good to c that u r enjoying the game, most ppl get depressed cuz other players r either too rich or rpk too much lol Keep having fun cuz thats what the game is about xD
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.