Reduce Physical Damage +% Question

Marista - Lost City
Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Okay, so several of the gears I have/am getting have the reduce physical damage +% stat on them. I just had a quick question in it--is the number displayed for reduction when you mouseover your pdef stat with this or without this taken into account?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
Post edited by Marista - Lost City on

Comments

• Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Okay, so several of the gears I have/am getting have the reduce physical damage +% stat on them. I just had a quick question in it--is the number displayed for reduction when you mouseover your pdef stat with this or without this taken into account?

Without it.

Because formula is this:
    DamageToCharacter=BasicDamage*(1-DamageReductionFromDef)*(1-DamageReductionFromStatOfTheItem).

And you see DamageReductionFromDef*100% at Characters statistics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Thank you very much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Last time I went through all this - each 1% worth about 50 pdef (varies by level and how much %age you already have, but that's a good middle figure)
    And no, doesn't show up as pdef on your character sheet.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    its a secondary pdef reduce. you have 80% reuce mob is 1000-1000 dmg in databse. you take 200 dmg. an item will reduce the dmg u take by 1%. so take 198 instead.. instead of 81% would make u take 190.
    +1/+2% reduce phys dmg items rather useless, unless you rly take alot dmg.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's not really worthless.

If at the end of the day the 2% phys reduce reduces the actual physical damage you take by 2% you now have 2% more physical survivability than you had before.

Consider that the 5% hp you can get on a demon pearl gives you 5% more physical and magical survivability and you can see how stacking physical reduction compares pretty favorably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm with you. I'm sure just one item with the reduction isn't much. But if you were to outfit yourself out with many damage reduction gears I'm sure it would be very noticeable.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm with you. I'm sure just one item with the reduction isn't much. But if you were to outfit yourself out with many damage reduction gears I'm sure it would be very noticeable.

^

I can say that I have +7% Reduce Phys Damage from my gears and it is definitely noticeable. For one to say that it is not useful is wrong. Every little bit helps...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Reduce physical reduces a portion of the damage you take. Lets say something does 10,000 damage base and you have 70% physical reduction, that means 3,000 damage is getting through. If you then have 5% reduce physical, it will take 5% off of that 3,000 leaving you with 2,850 damage taken.
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I understand what it does, I was just checking to see if it showed on the chara sheet or not. XP Tyvm to all who answered; yeah, I think it'll be nice, since I get at least an extra 5% reduction from the gear I have in mind. And I like stacking pdef in general to be a bit less squishy. So it's good to know that it does indeed help. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]