Frame Rate

MorganLaFe - Lost City
MorganLaFe - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
i am really new to online gaming and i would like to put out that i keep lagging, especially since the snowmen came.

i asked my friends and they said to ask people on here or a GM how to see what the frame rate or latency im getting to diagnose if its my computer or my internet thats lagging...

so i guess my question is: what do i press to see what frame rate im getting?

i heard that in WoW its shift+R....

thanks to whoever responds!!
By day I roam the shadows still,
By night the endless darkness fill
My soul with vengeance evermore
To Death and heights my blade will soar!

b:angry
Post edited by MorganLaFe - Lost City on

Comments

• bluesey
    bluesey Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well, I see you're playing a Tideborn, and basically that race has been flooded (no pun intended) by everyone and their mother trying it out. I'd say as a fix for that using the Best Performance mode, which is the widest button above your portrait. It'll make everyone outside a 10-foot radius disappear and everyone in a 10-foot radius except for you bald, and it's currently bugged so that to change it back, you'll need to do it from your settings pane, but it will greatly help your speed. ;)
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't know how to check FPS but another thing that may help you is to go to your settings and knock the Effects Setting all the way down, or at least really low. But you won't see a lot of other things too. Glow on Mounts and Weapons, most magic attacks like plume shot or other strictly effect visual moves like buffs, including mob magic attacks, you won't know when they are casting without your sound on or until one has shot you, so it will be hard to tell what you are doing, but for now it's a workaround because it gets rid of that godawful lag-snow. >_>;
    EDIT: The Maximum Performance button doesn't do anything to your effects setting by the way, so you have to set that yourself. However, with it low or off you can at least get around with your distances a little higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • MorganLaFe - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    bluesey wrote: »
    Well, I see you're playing a Tideborn, and basically that race has been flooded (no pun intended) by everyone and their mother trying it out. I'd say as a fix for that using the Best Performance mode, which is the widest button above your portrait. It'll make everyone outside a 10-foot radius disappear and everyone in a 10-foot radius except for you bald, and it's currently bugged so that to change it back, you'll need to do it from your settings pane, but it will greatly help your speed. ;)

LOL yuppers i know what you mean. Thanks for the advice i will put my settings to the lowest and see if that helps. b:thanks
    I have a lvl 61 BM but I dont want to use that avatar cuz i still consider myself a noob eventhough i never used any oracle or the fruit-thingy...

• MorganLaFe - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I don't know how to check FPS but another thing that may help you is to go to your settings and knock the Effects Setting all the way down, or at least really low. But you won't see a lot of other things too. Glow on Mounts and Weapons, most magic attacks like plume shot or other strictly effect visual moves like buffs, including mob magic attacks, you won't know when they are casting without your sound on or until one has shot you, so it will be hard to tell what you are doing, but for now it's a workaround because it gets rid of that godawful lag-snow. >_>;
    EDIT: The Maximum Performance button doesn't do anything to your effects setting by the way, so you have to set that yourself. However, with it low or off you can at least get around with your distances a little higher.

I think I can deal with that for a few more months... I want to get a new desktop for my graduation gift to myself and that should take care of my problems... Hopefully... Tyvm! ^^

P.S. i dont know how to get rid of the snow!! and the spam snowmen saying "we are the snowmen, resistance is futile!" Grrrrrrr