Is there no monthly fee??

Options
_Lionheart_ - Dreamweaver
_Lionheart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Before I ramble on this is not flaming and i still love the game in all aspects, but i do have some concerns.

I do not use zen because i did not want to play a game that had a monthly fee. Therefore i came here. But I hear some people in my faction and others that will say "Savin up for next weeks emotes!" or "without anniversary packs, how will i get my immaculate shards??" Yes 75 cents a week is only about 3 or 4 dollars a month but with the additional items and additional real life monet spent it seems like this is turning out to be a game with a monthly fee after all.
Post edited by _Lionheart_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _Lionheart_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i would also like to add on the question of what happened to non cash shop? I remember from last year and im sure others do that the christmas event gave the option of buying the reindeer in the cash shop or doing the quests that gave you the free clothing. This clothing did only last a week or so but the other quests gave us some christmas event cheer. I have seen other posts like this but just saying that it looks like the cash shop (and the monthly fee) is becoming too reliant
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i have played for almost a year and never ever spend real money on the game ... u really don't have to do that its just extra features ppl can get ... most items can be bought from cash players ingame
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
    YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, the problem with "free games" is that cash players have an huge advantage on non cash players. But that kind of game still has good point, you don't need to pay at all. Anyway, you don't need items from boutique to play, they are just a bonus. My point is, be proud of not needing boutique items to be uber and have fun :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because being random isn't enough.b:thanks

Life is just a way to have fun before dying, so stop killing my fun.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I plan on never spending cash on this game too.

Now I am working on my skills first then on cash for the perfect hamer I need at L50 to open the stash.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I plan on never spending cash on this game too.

Now I am working on my skills first then on cash for the perfect hamer I need at L50 to open the stash.

Thanks for the replys now that i think about it still being an uber player (at least i hope to be) and not paying is something to be proud of b:victory
    and for the stash...yeh i hate that i just didn't even open this toon's my venom went through that hassle already
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Learn how f2p game models work. They have to make money somehow.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I know how the f2p model works.
    I however can choose not to.

They need to convince me to grab that plastic fantastic.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I know how the f2p model works.
    I however can choose not to.

They need to convince me to grab that plastic fantastic.

You see. That is exactly what I meant. The f2p model allows users like yourself to play the game for free, while they still make bucket loads of cash on those who do pay. They do not need to convince everyone to purchase zen as that is impossible.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Fizzban - Dreamweaver
    Fizzban - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You have the option to play for free or to spend cash or to do a bit of both. Of course there are incentives to pay...this game has to make money after all. But all that matters is that you have fun playing your way. Be that spending or not spending.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The game i played previously [no discussion of other online games] had a choice of F2P or P2P. And the ppl (like moi) who did F2P and could still kick any1 including payer's rear ends were called Froobs. (f2p noobs). i might start a pwi froob revolution!!!
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Before I ramble on this is not flaming and i still love the game in all aspects, but i do have some concerns.

I do not use zen because i did not want to play a game that had a monthly fee. Therefore i came here. But I hear some people in my faction and others that will say "Savin up for next weeks emotes!" or "without anniversary packs, how will i get my immaculate shards??" Yes 75 cents a week is only about 3 or 4 dollars a month but with the additional items and additional real life monet spent it seems like this is turning out to be a game with a monthly fee after all.

"Free to play, Pay to win"

This game is designed for the average user to abuse the cash shop. Hate it or love it, thats PWI b:bye
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The game i played previously[no discussion of other online games] had a choice of F2P or P2P. And the ppl (like moi) who did F2P and could still kick any1 including payer's rear ends were called Froobs. (f2p noobs). i might start a pwi froob revolution!!!

Not gonna work here b:bye
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, so since all higher levels are cash shopper, we need to backstab Oba...I mean we need to cut down their connectionb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I personally don't think it's all that unfair that cash users get advantages. I mean, really, they're the only reason the game can run in the first place. Also, if they didn't get a big advantage, what would be the incentive to spend your hard earned money on a video game. Just look at it this way. A lot of the people that don't spend money on this game may eventually get bored and leave. The people who put real money, however, into the game usually will stick around longer because they've invested into their characters. Then, while they're sticking around, the "temptation to spend" hits them once again and they spend more money. Now they've invested twice as much money so they're definately gonna stick around for a while.

The thing that's nice about pwi, though, is that unlike some other f2p games, the cash shops are available to non-cash users as well via buying gold at the auctioneer from other players. Also, there are usually a lot of shops around that have cash items in them (the only benefit to this is that you don't pay the auctioneer's tax). I haven't played this game in a few months now, but I'm assuming that gold prices are close to 500k each. When I left, my veno was able to make approx 10-15 mill coins in a day from TT runs. That's 20-30 gold every day which would make it VERY possible to get cash shop items without using real money.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    FREE TO PLAY. PAY PAY PAY PAY TO WIN.b:angryb:shocked
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People who spend 10 bucks a week don't get an huge advantage, they just buy charms, sometimes fashion and teleaccoustic. People who spend 300 bucks a week have a really big advantage, dragon orbs, auction house to get cash and buy legend/TT/TT gold stuff, etc. And we aren't all veno, I mean I can't solo many TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    FREE TO PLAY. P(L)AY P(L)AY P(L)AY P(L)AY TO WIN.b:angryb:shocked

Firstly, I fixed your post for you.

Secondly, you're trying to "win" a MMO? That's like trying to run the fastest time for a single mile. Sure, you might get ahead for a little while, but there will always be someone faster, someone better than you. MMO's don't seem to be about "winning" (TW and PvP wars are exceptions) but about the very experience of playing.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Firstly, I fixed your post for you.

Secondly, you're trying to "win" a MMO? That's like trying to run the fastest time for a single mile. Sure, you might get ahead for a little while, but there will always be someone faster, someone better than you. MMO's don't seem to be about "winning" (TW and PvP wars are exceptions) but about the very experience of playing.

But you can't really experience fun if your poor and you dont buy good gears and mounts because the game would be slow,noone will want u in squad like FC,Delta, TW, it will be hard to level..so you have to Pay to have fun or u will be stuck grinding for money for hours. how do u think the game makes money on a really good game+ the gambling on everything like Packs,Cube, Boss drops random after u pay coins for them, the game is fun but the system is bull**** kinda like the world and government and stuffb:shocked
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bleh :P

i wonder how much in-game and real cash worth gear has ppz on themsleves sometimes..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bleh :P

i wonder how much in-game and real cash worth gear has ppz on themsleves sometimes..

hmmm... well... when I left the game, I gave away prolly a little over 300 mill worth of gear (lunar weapon, fc weapon at +8, and other 1337 stuff) and I know there were people on the server who had better stuff than me back then (I left in October)... so that should give you a slight idea of the value of people's gear now
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah, and ur tool is just +8
    lame
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah, and ur tool is just +8
    lame

for the record, my +8 fc axe on my barb made me very difficult to kill...