rare pet spawn times

sph
sph Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Venomancer
exactly what affects the EXACT spawn time. i know snow hare is every 1 hour and others are every 12 hours, but what determines the exact minute of the hour that they spawn? is it a fixed time? or 1/12 hours exact after the last one was killed/tamed?
Post edited by sph on

Comments

• Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    it's 12h or 1h (depends on pet) after it has been killed or tamed by some1
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Bondage - Lost City
    Bondage - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    which pets spawn every hour? I know the snow hare is one.
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    snow hare is the only one that spawns hourly
  • SatanicBlood - Sanctuary
    SatanicBlood - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Actually, there are three snow hare spawns. Two of them spawn hourly, and the third one spawns every twelve hours.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Actually, there are three snow hare spawns. Two of them spawn hourly, and the third one spawns every twelve hours.

According to this there are 5 snowhare spawns.
  • Bondage - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    the frog spawns every twelve hours? how the heck does a new person find a rare pet that only spawns every twelve hours without first knowing someone who just killed one?
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    the frog spawns every twelve hours? how the heck does a new person find a rare pet that only spawns every twelve hours without first knowing someone who just killed one?

The simple answer to that question is...... you don't.

The 12 hour spawns are all heavily camped, your chance of getting one without buying it are slim to none.
  • Bondage - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    lost city needs a veno guild focused on taming rare pets, like the one started in heavens tear.
  • Luceria - Lost City
    Luceria - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! i really like this site, never knew such a thing existed
  • Luceria - Lost City
    Luceria - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lost city needs a veno guild focused on taming rare pets, like the one started in heavens tear.
    i agree with that, i started Eternia and it has no real purpose at the moment, i was thinking bout getting land, but the price threw me off. Ive only got like 4 active members out of 35 which really sucks. I invited any class any lv, and its only a lv 1. I wouldnt mind inviting venos to do this. I read about the artimis faction, and i like the idea
  • lazarus19
    lazarus19 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've found the respawn point for the Quincunx kitten in one of the servers, near the sparrowmark beach, but it's a 12 hour respawn.

I'm on the sanctuary server and am also interested in forming a venomancer guild focused on taming rare pets
  • X_river_x - Sanctuary
    X_river_x - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That was me in the last post. Hadn't set up avatar yet
  • KitsuneXIII - Sanctuary
    KitsuneXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would appreciate one in Sanctuary, too. =^.^=
  • Esparagondaa - Sanctuary
    Esparagondaa - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Me to im lvl 37 veno and my name is esparagondaa
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    According to this there are 5 snowhare spawns.

nice site to find stuff, thanks b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Neon_Tiger - Heavens Tear
    Neon_Tiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    im wondering does any1 kno the coordinates for these rare pets the ones i want is Polar bear cub, kitten ,puppy, froggy , snow hare, piggy. if u can not rech me i will be one next weekend and my name is Neon_Tiger plzz message me sumway. i cant seeem to find it here so can sum1 plzz help.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I read about the artimis faction, and i like the idea

Folks, Artemis died. Once you get to your 40s and 50s, you really need a faction to kill the stuff you can't solo anymore (bosses, FBs, TTs, etc). So it became increasingly difficult to find members who were willing to make it their one and only faction. And those of us who started in it early and leveled up found it increasingly difficult to have to constantly PM people on our friends list for things like help with a boss or FB. Sure you can do it with pick-up groups, but tell that to prospective members and they quickly decide they don't want to join.

If there were a way to be a member of two factions, or for factions to form an alliance, then I think it would've survived. But factions in this game are the one and only way to fulfill a specific purpose; and trying to use it for a different purpose really hurts your ability to find groups to do stuff.
  • shinigamcx
    shinigamcx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i did tame a snowhare before using my friends veno at south of the city at very northwest. as far as i remember. it spawned at about 4am mountain time. i tamed it 5 times in 5 consecutive days on the same time. it was roaming around the given area.

cause i havent seen any other rare pets in their except dor the snowhare .if idont see it in like 5 minutes. i get very impatient so i do other stuff.
  • shinigamcx
    shinigamcx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i did tame a snowhare before using my friends veno at south of the city at very northwest. as far as i remember. it spawned at about 4am mountain time. i tamed it 5 times in 5 consecutive days on the same time. it was roaming around the given area.

for the other rare beasts, do they roam around too? or do they stay in one place?
    cause i havent seen any other rare pets in their area except for the snowhare .if idont see it in like 5 minutes. i get very impatient so i do other stuff.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've contemplated starting a rare pets guild--my faction atm is just to keep people from inviting me--but too many of my friends from the rares already have factions. However, I think I've started developing the next best thing anyway, which is a network between those of us who frequent the rares. Most of us do it for profit, but we're nice people, and we don't mind others trying for the rares to use themselves--as long as they don't play unfairly (PK, BM stuns) or expect not to have to do the work of looking up spawn times. Though we do occasionally tell them. Especially if they make no sense like this week's don't. X.X;

But yes, if you need some help getting a particular rare pet on lost city and you just want one to use, feel free to give me a PM in game and I might be able to help. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    whoops, necro from 2008 ...

(former leader of artemis here)
    yes, the idea of a veno guild worked for a while, I had lots of venos on my fl too and we shared spawn times, which saved a lot of camping time. but as soladri said, it was hard to find help with the regular quests and we had like... 4-6 active members? it was a fun time though, but our chars are grown up now; I personally don't try taming rares anymore, even if I'd really love to have a kowlin :/
    ...if anyone sees the guild tag around these days, it's only me on my alts.

there also was a forum used by people from all servers since the times were almost the same, but it was never really active.
    best thing to find out spawn times really is to camp the spots, meet some nice people there who are willing to share the times or even help you catching a rare if you can't be there every day.

there are some threads with all the locations, but I'm on my laptop atm so dont have anything bookmarked. try the search function^^

many of the "professional" tamers gave me advice on how to catch rares, asking around really helps.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Note that Artemis disbanded before the herc was introduced. Back then it was difficult or impossible for a veno-only group to kill certain minibosses and FB bosses at the level you got quests for them.

I suppose it would be easier now. But to an extent, what I said back then still applies. Being in an all-veno guild limits your playing experience.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Eh, jewels, mantavip, polearm... that's about it for 'must do' bosses that you can't do as all-veno.
    Optional there's a few more - TT being particularly notable for seeming to have a boss or two in every mode that you can't do at a sensible level.

Though I do agree the game is more fun with lots of different stuff going on.
  • _Hunny_ - Sanctuary
    _Hunny_ - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like the idea of having a veno guild for rare pets.. About the problem with quest when u get to higher lvls, well alot of people have alts.
    I hav a high lvl archer and a mid lvl barb as alts.
    So if a veno from the guild need some help with quest, i think theres some1 from the guild who can help using their alts.

Getting rare pets for a low lvl veno like me is almost impossible lol. I always get out bit by the higher lvls with their fast channel. The veno faction can help alot to get pets for the lower lvls. At the end of the day, even the other classes would want a veno with a good pet... >.>
  • Denkitty - Raging Tide
    Denkitty - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ok guys I know this is an old post but how can u know when exatly the rare pets show b:avoid? Every 12h.. ok then but if someone tamed it like in 9:00 and u weren't in the game how can u know that it has been tamed b:laugh ? b:surrender b:pleased
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Ok guys I know this is an old post but how can u know when exatly the rare pets show b:avoid? Every 12h.. ok then but if someone tamed it like in 9:00 and u weren't in the game how can u know that it has been tamed b:laugh ? b:surrender b:pleased

Necro necro necro.

And you know the pet has been tamed at about that time, because it is ALWAYS camped. And even if it's not, it despawns after a couple of minutes.
  • FelixNight - Raging Tide
    FelixNight - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is one way on how to get them, but I take it kids these days just take the game way too seriously and always appear after server is back up and go to places 1 by 1 to get em, what is strange about it is that the pets are actually not there after the server is back up and running after each maintenance. Maybe someone can correct me and tell us why is that so?
    Ever get that feeling that u r taking the game way too seriously? no? thought so. b:chuckle
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    There is one way on how to get them, but I take it kids these days just take the game way too seriously and always appear after server is back up and go to places 1 by 1 to get em, what is strange about it is that the pets are actually not there after the server is back up and running after each maintenance. Maybe someone can correct me and tell us why is that so?

If you search the forums, there's a post from someone saying how long after server-up each zone initialises - which summons the mini and world bosses; pretty sure that delay applies to the rare pets too.

It's also possible they've added some random element recently. (Probably when derjan was introduced, if so.)

And, wow; necro of a necro of a necro!
  • RedSaphire - Archosaur
    RedSaphire - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Catching rares doesnt have to be a 12 hr stake out. If you guys look online, u'll see that rares spawn 5hrs after the server goes back up after maintanence. They'll slowly drift off this time by about half an hour usually but it takes a while. Your best bet is to figure out when servers went back online and add 5hrs, then do it right away so there isn't as much drift.
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Closed for necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
This discussion has been closed.