How Barbs Earn there Money ???

Rouen - Harshlands
Rouen - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Barbarian
Hey There ^^

I think the titel explains everything cause i was kinda wondering how other Barbs are farming there "ingame money" because i'm running a little route that i made to collect some Materials and selling them but i just wanted to hear how other barbs earn there money b:surrender

Maybe there is some advise for me b:surrender
Post edited by Rouen - Harshlands on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Merchanting and TT runs.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Rouen - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Merchanting and TT runs.

Merchanting b:shocked

Sounds for me like you invest more time if i run my route to collect mats or am i thinking wrong ?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Merchanting b:shocked

Sounds for me like you invest more time if i run my route to collect mats or am i thinking wrong ?

No, I dont play the game anymore. Thats what I used to do when I played. Merchanting does not take a great deal of time. I used the AH, and never the catshop. I still made millions of coins easily.

i think I understood what you said...
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • lilyuffie
    lilyuffie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Merchant is the only way I earn money. o_o
    Grinding is hardly worth it, aside from the XP/Spirit.
    I'm not going to tell you what to merchant, as that's a secret.
    But Lloyd is right, it's immensely easy to earn millions, just takes a ton of time. It can get frustrating at times to sell your merchandise, but it'd definitely get you some profit. The catshop does help when you can't stick your merchandise into AH, such as when selling Genies/Specific Mounts/Etc.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    right now at 50 you dont have to worry much about money (i strongly recommend you to skip the 50 supply stash till at least 70, cause at least in harshlands iron hammerss where 3m)once you reach late 6Xs early 7Xs collect some mid mats (anthracite, refined steel,etc) and sell them individually or make ulti subs. when you get enough for a cheap mount (polar bear panther) dedicate at least 1-2 hours per day to making mat runs. when you are going off to bed, leave your PC on(if it isnt noisy xD) and catshop, its better than to AH.
  • Rouen - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    leave your PC on(if it isnt noisy xD)

It is noisy b:surrender

But the notebook is quiet b:laugh

Alright thx 4 the advise b:victory
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    A barb with money? WTH is that? lol

There are several ways to make money and grinding isn't one of them. I don't want to give away our secrets to the whole world so just try a few different things and see what works best for you.

A good start tho would be to gather herbs/mats to get you a money pool to do other things.

Edit: Without investing a lot of time, basically barbs are just a money sink for cash shoppers.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    A barb with money? WTH is that? lol

Edit: Without investing a lot of time, basically barbs are just a money sink for cash shoppers.

hehehe...this +1.

Though double drops does earn a bit of coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Mronki - Harshlands
    Mronki - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Grind (grind in tiger mode and train ur altracity timing on mag mobs) and farm till u r 70+ then find good squad and do TTs. Since u r barb most of the parties will let u to pick mats first:D

TT=easy coins:P
  • KeMeK - Heavens Tear
    KeMeK - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hehehe...this +1.

Though double drops does earn a bit of coin.
    +2

my birthday is in a month... 220 dollars is going to make me tt80 gold gear... /facepalm... cashshop sinker....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Once u get like 80+ refuse to tank any BH/TT unless you get to book the most costly mat/moulder and skip wine + subs fee. Thats how many barbs do it and people hate them o/c but desperation over finding a tank makes people agree on the most ridiculous terms. All tho high lvl venos with Hercules kinda keeps messing it up for barbs that wanna blackmail the party b:chuckle.

Besides that you can go solo aoe at Night Scream Island, use cleric alt outside party healing you so you don't waste charm + pots. Its pretty good money even tho barbs aoe skill kinda sucks compared to bms :/
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Grinding for barbs does make money. Just not as fast as other classes, since half of what you make you will spend on repairs.

Best money with least effort though comes from farming and TT followed by Auctionhouse or Stall.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Once u get like 80+ refuse to tank any BH/TT unless you get to book the most costly mat/moulder and skip wine + subs fee. Thats how many barbs do it and people hate them o/c but desperation over finding a tank makes people agree on the most ridiculous terms. All tho high lvl venos with Hercules kinda keeps messing it up for barbs that wanna blackmail the party b:chuckle.

Besides that you can go solo aoe at Night Scream Island, use cleric alt outside party healing you so you don't waste charm + pots. Its pretty good money even tho barbs aoe skill kinda sucks compared to bms :/

how do you get you'r cleric alt to heal you like cause i dnt get how to be on 2 chars at 1 time.
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    how do you get you'r cleric alt to heal you like cause i dnt get how to be on 2 chars at 1 time.
    You use 2 computers.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    You use 2 computers.

well ffs i only have 1 comp thats retarted
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    You use 2 computers.

btw love your sigbb:chuckle

~nicki minaj~
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Don't do this. Gives barbs a bad name and it's a good way to get blacklisted from a great deal of potential parties.

I've never done it, and never intend on doing it. If I was on any of my alts and the barb even suggested it, he'd get kicked from squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2009

You also won't make many friends, so if being a jerkwad is the goal, that might lose you far more money than make you. I've only ever seen the suggestion from a barb that he get a pick before subber or get free pass on wine split twice, and both those times I kicked his **** outta the squad and found a more humble tiger. I would suggest this be done to any barb that does what your advice says. But overall, your entire post is full of nonsensical bs anyways.

In TT, barbs should get 2nd pick, and for that, they get some of the best mats to offset repair/pot/genie costs, and get their own gear. If you can afford the charm or pots, solo zhenning is an option but not half as productive as a bm.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You also won't make many friends, so if being a jerkwad is the goal, that might lose you far more money than make you. I've only ever seen the suggestion from a barb that he get a pick before subber or get free pass on wine split twice, and both those times I kicked his **** outta the squad and found a more humble tiger. I would suggest this be done to any barb that does what your advice says. But overall, your entire post is full of nonsensical bs anyways.

In TT, barbs should get 2nd pick, and for that, they get some of the best mats to offset repair/pot/genie costs, and get their own gear. If you can afford the charm or pots, solo zhenning is an option but not half as productive as a bm.

+1 self-entitled jerkwads get kicked asap (sometimes have to wait till they have served their purpose) and blacklisted. good luck finding a barb that can solo TT. (I know a couple, and they aren't jerks about it) the entitled barbs are usually the ones who need extra babysitting and blame clerics for their own fails. "I have 9000 hp, and fleshream, free stoofs nao!"

its been suggested before, and i've done it several times, were in a TT squad all the members by the mats out of the bank. (drop coins, auto divided six ways) the pick order is the same, but last to pick doesnt get screwed into taking a 100k mat where the barb/subber gets to take the 1M+ mat; and everyone leaves happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey There ^^

I think the titel explains everything cause i was kinda wondering how other Barbs are farming there "ingame money" because i'm running a little route that i made to collect some Materials and selling them but i just wanted to hear how other barbs earn there money b:surrender

Maybe there is some advise for me b:surrender

I charge zen and sell it in the auction house.....
    I've been the same level for 4 months I don't pve and can't be bothered to leave adc unless it involves killing people so... that's the only means of income I have =(
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ethree - Lost City
    Ethree - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^
    that is why DT is pro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tx Haiz too pro
  • Rouen - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    ^
    that is why DT is pro

True b:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Uhh as suggested before, TT runs and merching stuff. However for me, since I like to farm a lot, I sell BH69 and 79 mats. If you farm good and know the spots, you can make good money. Helps pays off skills and repairs for me.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Eliteknight - Sanctuary
    Eliteknight - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have found that going around on my panther and farming all the plants i can find and making powders then selling in cat shops is very useful its what made it possable for me to get all most all those skills up to level 5 now and givin me quiet a bit of cash for extra things b:victory
    Roes are RED, Carebears are blue, No one cares because GM'S still SCREWED YOU!!!!
  • Ghost_dragon - Dreamweaver
    Ghost_dragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I ussually make money with manufacturing lv 2 medicine of herbs i found i sell them for 4 k ea in archosaur in catshop i make 200 k in one night catshopping if thas enough.....
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I charge zen and sell it in the auction house.....
    I've been the same level for 4 months I don't pve and can't be bothered to leave adc unless it involves killing people so... that's the only means of income I have =(

....Lol....
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • HolyRavage - Lost City
    HolyRavage - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Merch merch merch, Sell everything you get, buy a super invent, and farm everything you see, and merch more and TT, that should get you through ...

Peace ...

PS: Charging Zen once in a while DOES help.

Peace ...
  • buii
    buii Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    any1 has suggestions for a cool **** name i could use for my barb?b:surrender
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    buii wrote: »
    any1 has suggestions for a cool **** name i could use for my barb?b:surrender
    Take your pick
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    TigerAss
    LionAss
    PandAss
    WolfAss
    xD

eermmm.. merchanting i guess. but grinding is boring when you have BH and CS :/ best way is to buy stuff off the boutique and sell em, i dont do it but i hear it helps :)