blue screen of death question

__Kikyo__ - Lost City
__Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
my computer bsod a few days ago when i was playing this game.Its now in the shop getting repaired.I was jus wondering becuz everything might get wiped off my computer.Will my character be deleted?Or will i jus have to download the game again?I have alot of stuff i dont want to loose in the game.Anyone know? b:faint
Post edited by __Kikyo__ - Lost City on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your character wont be deleted. This is an online game, not a single player game. I wouldnt be so worried about losing the character, I would be more worried about losing important documents, etc. The worst thing PWI wise that you'll lose is the game client, which can be downloaded again.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my computer bsod a few days ago when i was playing this game.Its now in the shop getting repaired.I was jus wondering becuz everything might get wiped off my computer.Will my character be deleted?Or will i jus have to download the game again?I have alot of stuff i dont want to loose in the game.Anyone know? b:faint

Actually I think you don't have you character in your computer. Just game. All characters are on servers. So you can play your game from any computer on the world, because PWI game is also portable.
    BTW. Blue screen I had few times also. There can be 1k reasons of it. At my comp was problem with sleeping mode. So I downloaded patch. Now is everything ok. Probably you can have some hardware issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your character wont be deleted. This is an online game, not a single player game. I wouldnt be so worried about losing the character, I would be more worried about losing important documents, etc. The worst thing PWI wise that you'll lose is the game client, which can be downloaded again.

I like to amend that your character can be deleted at any time for any reason if PWI sees it fit. Read up on the ToS for the complete rules about this.

However as pointed out the character will NOT be deleted via BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
    edited December 2009
    I like to amend that your character can be deleted at any time for any reason if PWI sees it fit. Read up on the ToS for the complete rules about this.

And, that has nothing to do with the provided situation and answer I gave. b:bye If the question was "Will my character be delete by PWI for no good reason?" then, your point will be correct. However, this is not the case.
    edited December 2009
    I amended it did I not?
    edited December 2009
    I amended it did I not?

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the situation. Its like quoting you but, saying something like "Christmas is fun" out of nowhere.

Also, PWI has never deleted someone's account for no good reason.
    edited December 2009
    How would you know?

What I did was complete the sentence you made which is basically true but uncomplete.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ok ty everyoneb:thanksb:bye