Calamitys Through 8Xs

Options
MrBladey - Lost City
MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Blademaster
Hi fellow blademasters,

I just got my pair of calamities and I heard that they can be used through the 8Xs. If I'm planning to do that what should I shard it with and what grade. And what should I refine it to.

Thanks! b:laugh
For honor...
For glory...
FOR E-PEEN!
Post edited by MrBladey - Lost City on

Comments

• Mcflugal - Lost City
    Mcflugal - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The magic number-2 will solve all ur problems.

No dont listen to me im re-tar-ded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Call 'em "Sins"..."****" just sounds wrong.
    "Hey mom just 5 more minutes im playing with my ****"
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I would refine to at least +4
    Use Either 2 Flawless/Immaculate Garnets
    Or
    1 Garnet/1 Amber

It is usually cheaper to purchase them in ah from people who already refined.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    +4 with 2 flawless should do fine until 90
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hi fellow blademasters,

I just got my pair of calamities and I heard that they can be used through the 8Xs. If I'm planning to do that what should I shard it with and what grade. And what should I refine it to.

Thanks! b:laugh

+3 - 5

G7 amber should do it.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is it cheaper to just spam mirages to +4 or to use Dragon orbs? I can easily get things to +2 with mirage spam, but past that I have not tried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    +4 can be done cheaper with mirages. Mirages can be found for dirt cheap nowadays (14k maybe). 50 mirages will most likely be more than enough for a +4. You can also try for a +5 with those tisha/tieken (sp?) stones that you got for free from the tideborn quest.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    +4 can be done cheaper with mirages. Mirages can be found for dirt cheap nowadays (14k maybe). 50 mirages will most likely be more than enough for a +4. You can also try for a +5 with those tisha/tieken (sp?) stones that you got for free from the tideborn quest.

No, I would not try to get +5 with Tienkang stones. Tried to get +2 for my Sound chaser. I had 30 mirages and 5 Tienkangs to boot. After I got +2 I had one Tienkang and 6 mirages left b:bye
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No, I would not try to get +5 with Tienkang stones. Tried to get +2 for my Sound chaser. I had 30 mirages and 5 Tienkangs to boot. After I got +2 I had one Tienkang and 6 mirages left b:bye

Thats cause you fail lol.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thats cause you fail lol.

Oh, you noticed too. I didn't. Seriously, don't push your luck that far.
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I average +4 with 40 mirages (using 1 stone) so 80 Mirages at (12k each in lc atm) is cheaper than a 1,2,3,4 dragon orbs
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    +4 is quite managable with a lot of mirages. Use those free tide tienkang stones for +2 and free tiesha's for +3-4. If you notice you're getting fails in long strings relog, wait a little and move location. (might not be true, but works for me and can't hurt to be safe :p)

OR just check the AH. +5 cala's on sanc aren't too hard to pick up for around 4m if you grab a good deal.

Double immaculate Amber or higher for shards. You can NEVER have enough accuracy.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    +4 is quite managable with a lot of mirages. Use those free tide tienkang stones for +2 and free tiesha's for +3-4. If you notice you're getting fails in long strings relog, wait a little and move location. (might not be true, but works for me and can't hurt to be safe :p)

OR just check the AH. +5 cala's on sanc aren't too hard to pick up for around 4m if you grab a good deal.

Double immaculate Amber or higher for shards. You can NEVER have enough accuracy.

Sanctuary is PvE server and LC is PvP. Calamitys are PvP weapons and I think they cost more in LC. But you're right with the shards, especially when PKing.
  • Aquarian - Lost City
    Aquarian - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sanctuary is PvE server and LC is PvP. Calamitys are PvP weapons and I think they cost more in LC. But you're right with the shards, especially when PKing.

Eh.. it depends... theyve gotten cheaper thanks to anni pack molds flooding the market i think but still they aint cheap.. last i checked the mold itself goes for 3 mill-ish... course that was like 3 weeks ago so who knows now o.o

But helz on a pvp server its worth every penny o.o few things compare to the pwning epic-ness of crit zerk dragons b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:cool Im so awsome they named a poleaxe after me XD
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Eh.. it depends... theyve gotten cheaper thanks to anni pack molds flooding the market i think but still they aint cheap.. last i checked the mold itself goes for 3 mill-ish... course that was like 3 weeks ago so who knows now o.o

But helz on a pvp server its worth every penny o.o few things compare to the pwning epic-ness of crit zerk dragons b:dirty

Mold is 3mil? I've seen it for 1mil in catshops I think. Unless Im confusing it with Sanctuary ones.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mold is 3mil? I've seen it for 1mil in catshops I think. Unless Im confusing it with Sanctuary ones.

Probably confusing it with sanc. as low as 800k average per mold. I actually picked up a +6 pair a few weeks ago with perf+Immac amber for 4.5m. Tbh, they should be cheap enough to make with chips, unless those are expensive on LC too?
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

LOL woah 3 mil they went down alot then b:pleased most at 1.5 mil now b:dirty
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!