money/boredness

Options

Comments

• I_can_own - Harshlands
    I_can_own - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry, what? Someone gives you $150 and your first thought is to spend it on a game that might not even be here this time next year and you have the nerve to talk down to me? Seriously?

And what are you supposed to suck up? How about the fact that you have no life outside of a video game?

my first thought was oh im going to forever 21 first and then to buy some chucks then i rembered i had $200 at home which was going to that cause so i thought i had nuuffing eisle to spend on but this game so w/e. and yes i do have a life outside of computer.

EDIT:yes i have lots of nerve to talk down to you.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    my first thought was oh im going to forever 21 first and then to buy some chucks then i rembered i had $200 at home which was going to that cause so i thought i had nuuffing eisle to spend on but this game so w/e. and yes i do have a life outside of computer.

Bragging isn't going to help your case =P We don't care how much money you have....

[edit] not really saying you have a case... just saying we don't care =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bragging isn't going to help your case =P We don't care how much money you have....

wasn't bragging was stating my point and im glad you don't care because it never crossed my mind that you did care.

EDIT:gtfo my thread unless you have something productive to say and make sure its on topic.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wasn't bragging was stating my point and im glad you don't care because it never crossed my mind that you did care.

EDIT:gtfo my thread unless you have something productive to say and make sure its on topic.

It's a game... what about a game is productive? And furthermore.... what is productive about wasting money on a game? o.O

Also.... I am being productive... you asked for an opinion of what to buy with your money... and i'm suggesting you buy something real.... So there.... stop complaining about what help you get...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Not helping, but making it worse. She essentially just told us that she has $350 that she's going to go out and spend as soon as possible, rather than save it to move out of her parent's house.

Can't mooch forever, kid. b:bye
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's a game... what about a game is productive? And furthermore.... what is productive about wasting money on a game? o.O

Also.... I am being productive... you asked for an opinion of what to buy with your money... and i'm suggesting you buy something real.... So there.... stop complaining about what help you get...

yes i did ask for your opinion on what to buy but i gave you a list from which you should choose from please do not deviate from the list and lots of things are productive about a game and its even more productive when you spend money on a game. so i will complain about help that isn't helpfull.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'd say get the battle pet packs since they are on sell now. 60 gold got me 200 battles pet packs. so now i have 6500 nix feathers. and im assuming you have over twice as much christmas money as i do and some sofs saved up in game too. so you'd probably be able to obtain a herc and nix fairly quickly.
    >.<
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Not helping, but making it worse. She essentially just told us that she has $350 that she's going to go out and spend as soon as possible, rather than save it to move out of her parent's house.

Can't mooch forever, kid. b:bye

i have a bank account that i do not have access to but ive had it for some years now and every week my mom puts $50 in it. so there goes my "move out parents house" fund...guess goes for college fund too.
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'd say get the battle pet packs since they are on sell now. 60 gold got me 200 battles pet packs. so now i have 6500 nix feathers. and im assuming you have over twice as much christmas money as i do and some sofs saved up in game too. so you'd probably be able to obtain a herc and nix fairly quickly.

wow good sale defnetily buying a herc.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yes i did ask for your opinion on what to buy but i gave you a list from which you should choose from please do not deviate from the list and lots of things are productive about a game and its even more productive when you spend money on a game. so i will complain about help that isn't helpfull.

So... let me parallel what you are doing to something similar.... A man/woman walks up to you and tells you that their life is horrible and they just can't get ahead in anything... they tell you their lifestory and by the end you're feeling terrible and want to help... So finally they tell you that they want your help in deciding how to get out of this terrible situation, then they proceed to list off multiple, terrible, solutions to their problems(such as stealing money, revenge to those who wronged them, and other stupid things...) It is then that the parallel is made... If you're asked for help... would you not give any suggestion other than those that he gave you the option of?

[though... all of that doesn't matter... since you have your mind set and you don't really want help.... You just want attention... so gtfo and spend your money...]

[sidenote- credit cards have interest... so while you're giving your mother that 150 dollars to spend on this game... keep in mind that it is charging her more than that, and that that comes out of her wallet... ]

[edit] yay wall of text and new page ^_^
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wow good sale defnetily buying a herc.

thats right... you spend your money on what you want to spend it on. if you want a herc for xmas then get it b:victory and dont let anyone tell you otherwise b:cute
    >.<
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    omg this is fail my game updater is like at 99%....and moveing very slow.

EDIT:bye ppl off to play game its done now lol.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So... let me parallel what you are doing to something similar.... A man/woman walks up to you and tells you that their life is horrible and they just can't get ahead in anything... they tell you their lifestory and by the end you're feeling terrible and want to help... So finally they tell you that they want your help in deciding how to get out of this terrible situation, then they proceed to list off multiple, terrible, solutions to their problems(such as stealing money, revenge to those who wronged them, and other stupid things...) It is then that the parallel is made... If you're asked for help... would you not give any suggestion other than those that he gave you the option of?

[though... all of that doesn't matter... since you have your mind set and you don't really want help.... You just want attention... so gtfo and spend your money...]

[sidenote- credit cards have interest... so while you're giving your mother that 150 dollars to spend on this game... keep in mind that it is charging her more than that, and that that comes out of her wallet... ]

[edit] yay wall of text and new page ^_^

How does this ^ have anything to do with what the OP asked to begin with? seriously... wtf?
    >.<
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How does this ^ have anything to do with what the OP asked to begin with? seriously... wtf?

She asked for a suggestion, then got mad when my suggestion was different from what she had already decided... If she wasn't open to different suggestions then why did she ask at all?

This thread is as absurd as the girl a few weeks ago who refused to take any answer to her question that included a link to a page that answered it.....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    She asked for a suggestion, then got mad when my suggestion was different from what she had already decided... If she wasn't open to different suggestions then why did she ask at all?

This thread is as absurd as the girl a few weeks ago who refused to take any answer to her question that included a link to a page that answered it.....

It's completely up to her on what to spend her money on. I got 60 dollars for xmas and i spent it on the game. I'm not ashamed of that, simply because thats about all that i got for xmas. So i spent it on something i wanted. and if that happens to be a virtual item then so be it.
    >.<
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's completely up to her on what to spend her money on. I got 60 dollars for xmas and i spent it on the game. I'm not ashamed of that, simply because thats about all that i got for xmas. So i spent it on something i wanted. and if that happens to be a virtual item then so be it.

I don't disagree with that... i just disagree with her coming onto the forums and asking for others opinions.... only to get upset and qq about us not choosing from what she had already chosen....

And that she would have had no real reason to post this thread if she would read a little bit... Her first post said she wanted to pvp on her veno... -ding ding ding- Sounds like she would want a Phoenix... unless she had no idea that the Phoenix was the premier veno pvp pet then why did she post this? idk... maybe i'm just overthinking =P

My apologies to the OP who will probably never even come back to this thread...
    women....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    jut one note here:

I use my mother's card too (since I don't HAVE one) to import games (typically PSP ones) and such that I enjoy. I give her every dollar toward the purchase and it does NOT charge her more. What happens is for every month PASSED THE FIRST there's a fee added, it is not added for the first billing cycle that said item is on.

$60 game, $0 balance - $60 payment = $0 balance simple math really.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thats right... you spend your money on what you want to spend it on. if you want a herc for xmas then get it b:victory and dont let anyone tell you otherwise b:cute
    Agreed 100%.
    That's not what happened. The OP was leaning towards Oracles, then changed her mind based upon the suggestions people were leaving.

You were being patronizing, and frankly I think the OP did a perfectly fine job of standing up for herself against the usual holier-than-thou comments that always get left whenever anybody admits they are (a) young, and (b) planning to spend money on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't disagree with that... i just disagree with her coming onto the forums and asking for others opinions.... only to get upset and qq about us not choosing from what she had already chosen....

And that she would have had no real reason to post this thread if she would read a little bit... Her first post said she wanted to pvp on her veno... -ding ding ding- Sounds like she would want a Phoenix... unless she had no idea that the Phoenix was the premier veno pvp pet then why did she post this? idk... maybe i'm just overthinking =P

My apologies to the OP who will probably never even come back to this thread...
    women....

The nix is exactly what im shooting for. I'd say **** the herc, he can wait. b:cool
    >.<
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You were being patronizing, and frankly I think the OP did a perfectly fine job of standing up for herself against the usual holier-than-thou comments that always get left whenever anybody admits they are (a) young, and (b) planning to spend money on the game.

>_< I was giving my opinion by supporting a few other people's.... How was I patronizing? She got into an argument with me based on what advice i chose to gave her? She could ignore me... she did ignore me... If she wants to waste money on a game, then she will, as she is... most likely right now... It just annoys me that she doesn't even understand that her mother has to pay the interests for her $150 payment on her credit card... She completely disregards the fact that she is lucky to even have that money, and chooses to spend it on a game that might not even be here in a year... Meh... i'm through with this...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You dont have to use your "mommy's credit card" to buy gold. You know? They do have prepaid cards... pay with cash up front kinda deal. Thats what i did. I find it much easier.
    >.<
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It just annoys me that she doesn't even understand that her mother has to pay the interests for her $150 payment on her credit card...
    read my previous post. it's written from TRUE experience, and not assumptions. (since I manage the paperwork FOR the bills)
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    read my previous post. it's written from TRUE experience, and not assumptions. (since I manage the paperwork FOR the bills)

Then congratulations, your mother has good credit and a good credit card company.... But all credit cards are not the same... most of them require interests that you pay onto whatever you buy using these cards.... Just because you have done this and payed "every dollar" doesn't mean a thing when talking about someone else....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It just annoys me that she doesn't even understand that her mother has to pay the interests for her $150 payment on her credit card...
    If this is the case with your credit card, then I suggest you find another company to do business with.

Perhaps her mom also has one of the world's-worst credit cards, but every credit card I've ever used charges 0% interest on purchases that are paid for right away. Interest is only charged on outstanding balances or cash advances.

I suspect the OP understands this, as does her mom.
    She completely disregards the fact that she is lucky to even have that money, and chooses to spend it on a game that might not even be here in a year... Meh... i'm through with this...
    Whether or not she ought to feel "lucky" about having her gift money is none of our business. She has a right to spend it how she sees fit.

To talk down to her because she doesn't have the "correct" feelings about spending the money on the game is pretty much a textbook definition of patronizing.

I don't pay to play, but I fully support and am thankful for those who do. If people want to support the company in keeping the game I enjoy free, then I'm all for it, and the day I start looking down my nose at pay-to-play players for their spending decisions is truly the day I really need to get-a-life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The nix is exactly what im shooting for. I'd say **** the herc, he can wait. b:cool

I think the idea behind getting the herc first is that the herc is the big money-maker for the venos, so if you get the herc first, the herc can earn the money to get the nix.

Of course it's not true for everyone though. b:cute

Also, this is a lulzy thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    >__< I made a suggestion... then defended my suggestion with random spouts of stuff that i thought would shut you people up.... The op has gone to play the game, it is doubtful that she'll ever return... so why do you keep posting on this thread talking to me? Certainly not to prove a point since i don't really care if i'm right/wrong/patronizing/or not...

So i'll keep posting, get more posts...

You keep posting, you'll get more posts....

It can be a symbiotic relationship in which we all are happy, k? b:thanks

And i still say:
    Meh, women...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If this is the case with your credit card, then I suggest you find another company to do business with.

Perhaps her mom also has one of the world's-worst credit cards, but every credit card I've ever used charges 0% interest on purchases that are paid for right away. Interest is only charged on outstanding balances or cash advances.

I suspect the OP understands this, as does her mom.

Whether or not she ought to feel "lucky" about having her gift money is none of our business. She has a right to spend it how she sees fit.

To talk down to her because she doesn't have the "correct" feelings about spending the money on the game is pretty much a textbook definition of patronizing.

I don't pay to play, but I fully support and am thankful for those who do. If people want to support the company in keeping the game I enjoy free, then I'm all for it, and the day I start looking down my nose at pay-to-play players for their spending decisions is truly the day I really need to get-a-life.

^This derserves kuddos. To be honest, if it wasnt for the cash shoppers, the dear employees at PWE would lose their jobs because they wouldnt be able to get paid. There for resulting in the lose of PWI and the other PWE games. This is a business, and a business needs money to be successful. Ever heard the saying "You have to spend money to make money"? Well someone somewhere out there has to support PWIs cash shop and buy gold with real money.
    >.<
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Then congratulations, your mother has good credit and a good credit card company.... But all credit cards are not the same... most of them require interests that you pay onto whatever you buy using these cards.... Just because you have done this and payed "every dollar" doesn't mean a thing when talking about someone else....
    2 different cards, thanks She switched, but neither charged on the first month.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think the idea behind getting the herc first is that the herc is the big money-maker for the venos, so if you get the herc first, the herc can earn the money to get the nix.

Of course it's not true for everyone though. b:cute

Also, this is a lulzy thread.

Theres a reason im getting a nix first. I dont want to be lvl 90+ getting one. If i get it now, I wont have to lvl it so many lvls. While if i dont get a herc until im lvl 90+ lvling it up wont be so hard because of cube room 4. And TBH I dont plan on being lvl 90 anytime soon. I'm gonna estimate it'll take me at least 4 months to get to lvl 90. and by then from saving up 4 months worth of money, then i should be able to have a herc by then too since im so close to getting my nix. (only 3499 feathers to go) At least this is my plan.
    >.<
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    OP: Buy either Nix or Herc, then when you get home, use your $200 to buy the other! You might even have some left over for oracles! You probably don't really need those shoes, and if you do, you can get some nice boy to buy them for you. b:cute With your hot new shoes, you'll get a boyfriend in no time at all! Don't worry about gas money or paying for dinner, all good men will pick you up and pay for the meal.

Hope this advice helps! b:kissb:bye