money/boredness

Options
I_can_own - Harshlands
I_can_own - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
okey im at my grandparents house and im about to play pwi(thank god i had allready DLED last time i was here)so i just got my chirstmas present from my grandparents which was $150 so im asking you guys what should i spend my money on? allso im really bored cause pw is updating the expanison and its not even half way completed im extremely bored someone do sumthing...o and heres a poll.

EDIT:plan on spending money for my veno not any other char and i do plan on pvping seeing as im on harshlands.
Post edited by I_can_own - Harshlands on

Comments

• I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pwease someone need ppl so bored.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I suggest spending your money on something tangible, not on something virtual.

DF
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wouldn't really spend money on any of those ^^

If I had to spend it on pw, I'd sell the gold and buy a mass of cheap tokens, wait till a week or two after the event (have to time it well before the devs return them again :/) and sell them all off again, then spend the money on decent gears. Oracles are a bit of a waste since there's so many dailies you can hit 90+ in a few months.

$150 wont buy a herc.
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wouldn't really spend money on any of those ^^

If I had to spend it on pw, I'd sell the gold and buy a mass of cheap tokens, wait till a week or two after the event (have to time it well before the devs return them again :/) and sell them all off again, then spend the money on decent gears. Oracles are a bit of a waste since there's so many dailies you can hit 90+ in a few months.

$150 wont buy a herc.

i allrdy have alot of SoF so ya it will buy me a dam herc plus since packs r on sale....
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Why waste your money on this? I would understand spending a little... but 150?
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i allrdy have alot of SoF so ya it will buy me a dam herc plus since packs r on sale....

Hmm, I'd probably buy a "dam herc" then if you're already part-way there.
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    aww no one voted for nix but 50 say oracles and 50 says herc....
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    5 say herc go go go.
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im starting to lean towards oracles cause i do wanna level up fast but on the other hand if i get a herc it will take me like 3 years to get a nix through coins so idk
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'd spend it on things other then the game. But if you really want to spend it on PWI, then go with the herc. That'll probably have the best payout overall for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    eeek everyone is saying herc but im only lvl 54 on my veno and i bought allmost enough oracles for 60(had $50 worth of zhen but bought crimson flametalon and upgraded it so left over money went to oracles
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    150 in oracles might get you to the low 60s. I haven't done the math, and what will you do then? you are gonna spend 150 to get a change of scenery a little bit faster than you would without them. And then its back to the same thing, grinding and selling drops, and squadding to spam skills on bosses. its wont get you anywhere near endgame pvp either. regardless of the oracle noob arguement, blowing your christmas money on oracles sounds like an altogether bad idea, and i dont think you'll be happy with your purchase once the money is gone.

the herc will pay for itself, if you spend any money on the game at all, although these days it takes a little longer for a return on investment with the current price of gold - sof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    150 in oracles might get you to the low 60s. I haven't done the math, and what will you do then? you are gonna spend 150 to get a change of scenery a little bit faster than you would without them. And then its back to the same thing, grinding and selling drops, and squadding to spam skills on bosses. its wont get you anywhere near endgame pvp either. regardless of the oracle noob arguement, blowing your christmas money on oracles sounds like an altogether bad idea, and i dont think you'll be happy with your purchase once the money is gone.

the herc will pay for itself, if you spend any money on the game at all, although these days it takes a little longer for a return on investment with the current price of gold - sof.

read post above....oh and i did the math $150 in oracles can get me from 65-75.

EDIT:wow lame i just like really thought about those numbers 65-75 only 10 levels for $150 thats stupid i guess ill go with herc.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wish i had 150 dollars..... i would actually be able to buy useful stuff =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    god still waiting for this thing to download im near 75% but its been maybe 2hrs? i think since started
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Herc/Nix is clearly the best deal atm, since they're on sale right now.

Oracles are by-far, hands-down, the worst choice, since you can sell the Gold, buy Tokens, and make the Oracles yourself for less than half the price.

For example, on Sanctuary 100 Oracle 3s will cost 24 Gold from the cash shop. But 24 Gold can be sold for about 10.4mill, which can then buy about 650 Tokens, which can then make 215 Oracle 3s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Herc/Nix is clearly the best deal atm, since they're on sale right now.

Oracles are by-far, hands-down, the worst choice, since you can sell the Gold, buy Tokens, and make the Oracles yourself for less than half the price.

For example, on Sanctuary 100 Oracle 3s will cost 24 Gold from the cash shop. But 24 Gold can be sold for about 10.4mill, which can then buy about 650 Tokens, which can then make 215 Oracle 3s.

gold is 390k on HL(well people buying that is lowest for person selling is i think 410k last i checked)so i guess ill go with herc then ty everyone for replies now i gotta convince my mother who absolutly hates this game(she says it drains my pockets)to let me use $150 on her credit card and give her the $150 cash....or i could buy some game cards but i heard they don't work very well.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I suggest spending your money on something tangible, not on something virtual.

DF

Agreed. For the OP, I recommend a blow up doll. b:victory
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    gold is 390k on HL(well people buying that is lowest for person selling is i think 410k last i checked)so i guess ill go with herc then ty everyone for replies now i gotta convince my mother who absolutly hates this game(she says it drains my pockets)to let me use $150 on her credit card and give her the $150 cash....or i could buy some game cards but i heard they don't work very well.

your mom is right. I dont think anyone would blame her is she didnt let you use her credit card to spend your xmas gift on virtual stuff. dont get mad at her when she says no, she's doing the right thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    $150 hmm no brainer

Take your GirlFriend out and hope you get lucky afterwards b:victory
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options

Girlfriend?
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
    edited December 2009
    Options
    $150 hmm no brainer

I already answered this:
    Agreed. For the OP, I recommend a blow up doll. b:victory

• I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    your mom is right. I dont think anyone would blame her is she didnt let you use her credit card to spend your xmas gift on virtual stuff. dont get mad at her when she says no, she's doing the right thing.
    she will let me use it if she wants a dam birthday present and her birthday is on january 16th.
    $150 hmm no brainer

im a girl.
    Girlfriend? Dont have 1 but me would likes a bf.
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I already answered this:

for you i recommend a "grow a boyfriend" just put him in the bath tub and he will grow 6 feet.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    for you i recommend a "grow a boyfriend" just put him in the bath tub and he will grow 6 feet.

A- That makes no sense.

B- I already have a boyfriend.

C- Suck it up, cupcake.

• Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh yay the OP is a girl =O That means i can just say:

Psht... girls...... -walks away losing all faith in the female gender-
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • I_can_own - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A- That makes no sense.

B- I already have a boyfriend.

C- Suck it up, cupcake.

makes perfect sense it actually exist and if you do have a boyfriend your obvousily not getting any from him lol you too stuck up to get any...and what am i suppose to suck up?
  • leeian
    leeian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if u plan to pvp nix is the only way to go and u can switch the sof u have for feathers
    edited December 2009
    Options
    makes perfect sense it actually exist and if you do have a boyfriend your obvousily not getting any from him lol you too stuck up to get any...and what am i suppose to suck up?

I'm sorry, what? Someone gives you $150 and your first thought is to spend it on a game that might not even be here this time next year and you have the nerve to talk down to me? Seriously?

And what are you supposed to suck up? How about the fact that you have no life outside of a video game?

• Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry, what? Someone gives you $150 and your first thought is to spend it on a game that might not even be here this time next year and you have the nerve to talk down to me? Seriously?

And what are you supposed to suck up? How about the fact that you have no life outside of a video game?

I like you ^_^ b:dirty
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael