Is a BM for me?

Slapped - Heavens Tear
Slapped - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
I just want to train without a squad, not die in the process, and be good at TW.

So far I tried every character, except for clerics and TB, and I dont feel like risking viruses downloading a private server client to test the end game characters out. So could any high leveled BM tell me if a BM is the way to go?

Sidenote: If I were to go BM, I would go axe so I have a question, is Dex or Vit build better for what I want? Thanks for any input any of you put in. =]
Post edited by Slapped - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    -You like to be able to level without requiring anyone.
    -You are a good back-up tank
    -Can kill multiple things at once. Can have up to 6 AoEs with all paths

Axes are the best due to weapon availability.
    6 str 3 dex 1 vit Per 2 levels will do the trick.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Slapped - Heavens Tear
    Slapped - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    -You like to be able to level without requiring anyone.
    -Can kill multiple things at once. Can have up to 6 AoEs with all paths

Axes are the best due to weapon availability.
    6 str 3 dex 1 vit Per 2 levels will do the trick.

I was looking at the weapon requirements, why do we need so much more dex than the requirement, doesnt the damage come from str?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was looking at the weapon requirements, why do we need so much more dex than the requirement, doesnt the damage come from str?

The ability to actually hit your opponent, your critical hit percentage, and your evasion all come from dexterity.

Blademasters get the highest evasion and accuracy per dexterity point out of every class in the game.

(except maybe the new assassins/ I haven't checked yet)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Nah Assasin only get 8 accuracy and 6 evasion per dex. We still got the best deal in accuacy and evasion.
  • Ketki - Sanctuary
    Ketki - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you want to solo well, make a veno. They are pretty good at solo grinding b:pleased
    Ketki - Sanctuary
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you want to solo well, make a veno. They are pretty good at solo grinding b:pleased

until level 70 when we start aoe grinding then bm is easily the greatest grind class around

and yes venos can farm tt for mats....once they sink 200 us dollars into the game for a herc
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kevinkrs - Sanctuary
    Kevinkrs - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i really like being a bm i think it is a good all around class. I have always liked the up in front bashing type character
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The ability to actually hit your opponent, your critical hit percentage, and your evasion all come from dexterity.

Blademasters get the highest evasion and accuracy per dexterity point out of every class in the game.

They do?What about Archers who use the most in dex?I would say they got the highest BM being second.Barbs tend to use some dex as well maybe not as much as BM as they use axes or pole axes no swords.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I just want to train without a squad, not die in the process, and be good at TW.

So far I tried every character, except for clerics and TB, and I dont feel like risking viruses downloading a private server client to test the end game characters out. So could any high leveled BM tell me if a BM is the way to go?

Sidenote: If I were to go BM, I would go axe so I have a question, is Dex or Vit build better for what I want? Thanks for any input any of you put in. =]

Nope, dont pick a BM they are horrible and are only good in TW. Even then its just stun dragon and die. Its not a pvp class more like a support class to be honest. Maybe at 100 with interval gears and hh100 fists theyre good but before that theyre utter ****. So if you pick a BM make sure youre in for the long run.

AND even then you'll still get one shotted by anything that uses a magic weapon. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    They do?What about Archers who use the most in dex?I would say they got the highest BM being second.Barbs tend to use some dex as well maybe not as much as BM as they use axes or pole axes no swords.

No.
    An archer might have more evasion or accuracy in the end because they have so many more dex points. However, Blademasters still get the most accuracy and the most evasion per dexterity point they add. They get more than every single other class.

Nope, dont pick a BM they are horrible and are only good in TW. Even then its just stun dragon and die. Its not a pvp class more like a support class to be honest. Maybe at 100 with interval gears and hh100 fists theyre good but before that theyre utter ****. So if you pick a BM make sure youre in for the long run.

AND even then you'll still get one shotted by anything that uses a magic weapon. :/

Then you are doing it wrong. Use elemental defense belt, elemental defense cape, and elemental defense necklace. Hell, I even have an elemental defense helmet. Refine the belt and necklace. Lastly rememner to use alter marrow magical when the situation is appropriate and u will kill casters with ease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    until level 70 when we start aoe grinding then bm is easily the greatest grind class around

and yes venos can farm tt for mats....once they sink 200 us dollars into the game for a herc

Actually,

Veno's can grind on multiple mobs very well.

And properly played clerics can aoe grind on wood mobs very easily.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Actually,

Veno's can grind on multiple mobs very well.

And properly played clerics can aoe grind on wood mobs very easily.

O.o i've never seen a cleric AoE grind. and when I see a veno grind multiple mobs i generally see her pet aggro ten and kill them one at a time; not sure that counts.

explain? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    O.o i've never seen a cleric AoE grind. and when I see a veno grind multiple mobs i generally see her pet aggro ten and kill them one at a time; not sure that counts.

explain? :O

Yes pet aggro's a bunch they kill slowly. Point is its very effective especially with herc reflect. A experienced veno can do this very fast.

As for clerics aoe grinding here...look at this a member in my faction.

Here is his quote: His name is Lennson

These are level 85 Malicious Cadevils which are around the East Barrier Village.

They are of wood element type making them weak to metal magic.
    Their attack is wood damage which acts over time, so it can be purified.

I can gather 10-13 of them at level 85 and their damage tick on me ranges from 400-1200.
    They've yet to kill me once but I've missed a purify once I had a damage tick hit me for 2356, so it wouldn't be for those of low hp.

Here is his pic.

Cleric AoE grinding.

Lennson was a very good cleric battle/support he did both supremely well. I hope he doesn't mind me using his stuff. Haven't seen him in awhile. But as you can see he is only level 85. You can AoE grind at some earlier levels too.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Yes pet aggro's a bunch they kill slowly. Point is its very effective especially with herc reflect. A experienced veno can do this very fast.

As for clerics aoe grinding here...look at this a member in my faction.

Here is his quote: His name is Lennson

These are level 85 Malicious Cadevils which are around the East Barrier Village.

They are of wood element type making them weak to metal magic.
    Their attack is wood damage which acts over time, so it can be purified.

I can gather 10-13 of them at level 85 and their damage tick on me ranges from 400-1200.
    They've yet to kill me once but I've missed a purify once I had a damage tick hit me for 2356, so it wouldn't be for those of low hp.

Here is his pic.

Cleric AoE grinding.

Lennson was a very good cleric battle/support he did both supremely well. I hope he doesn't mind me using his stuff. Haven't seen him in awhile. But as you can see he is only level 85. You can AoE grind at some earlier levels too.

yes clerics can aoe the most common mobs for them to take are orchid petails by village of the lost

i've seen them get up to 20-30 mobs but their kill rate is still slower than a bm's aoe grind ad mp use is far higher still its rather impressive to wach

and venos can only do 4-5 mobs at once without herc so....ya not worth it till then
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2009

you serious josh? take a look at this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HynCjuoJ1iA
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

level 100 barbarian paying 6k us dollars to do what a bm does for free

so?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Clerics will likely always have the largest amount of mobs that can be AoE'd at a time. Since the wood resist shards are so cheap, they can 4 socket some equipment with 1 or 2 elements only and with wood resist adds, and boost their wood def to over 20K quite easily. With that, my cleric was tanking a minimum of 30 mobs at a time that were 5 levels higher. Orchids I was tanking 24 of with non grind specific gear in my low 7Xs. With a good set of wings, gathering will be as fast as a BM running.

So due to this, BMs will always be second best grinders compared to clerics. Venos are further behind, due to relying of reflect for alot of damage being slower, and waiting for pet to get aggro and not lose it to the spells of the veno. Always got a laugh watching veno's try to AoE and taking forever to do it.

EDIT: Ironically, I only have access to the early pictures now that I'm on vacation, and don't have the ones of me killing the spiders since it's ony my comp in saudi. Pretty much the opposite of when I first posted how clerics can AoE grind :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009

i did that faster at 92 with +4 GX. about two lures at the same time.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
    YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    QUOTE]

Only good back up tanks are vitality BMs, but they have a lack of dmg/acc/evasion like barbarians + they can't keep aggro since they don't have flesh ream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because being random isn't enough.b:thanks

Life is just a way to have fun before dying, so stop killing my fun.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    QUOTE]

Only good back up tanks are vitality BMs, but they have a lack of dmg/acc/evasion like barbarians + they can't keep aggro since they don't have flesh ream.

low acc like 3-4k ? evasion like 2k-2,5k?
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Fists are a great holding agro weapon. With - intervals its hard to steal aggro even if you are an archer.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    QUOTE]
    they can't keep aggro since they don't have flesh ream.

ya know, theres this other form of agro called DD'ing...b:shocked

and doesnt necessarily have to be a vit bm, as long as the hits dont 1 hit ya its kinda the same imo b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    QUOTE]

no because by the time the axe gets aggro every other DD has already had a turn and probly the cleric to

axes have acces to neither myriad or shadowless kick if thats their only path

refines+shards we can have plenty of hp with just that at endgame
  • HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
    HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010

utter **** is called milk tyvm b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
  • YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
    YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ya know, theres this other form of agro called DD'ing...b:shocked

and doesnt necessarily have to be a vit bm, as long as the hits dont 1 hit ya its kinda the same imo b:lipcurl

An axe BM doesn't deal more damage than a wizard, so it can't really hold aggro from it.
    Also, I used to tank a boss that could 2 hits me (mag atk then normal atk) once I was missing the skill to cancel his mag atk, I was dead. Also, fist bms can hold aggro and survive if they refine like **** their equipement and shard up, wich is pretty expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because being random isn't enough.b:thanks

Life is just a way to have fun before dying, so stop killing my fun.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    An axe BM doesn't deal more damage than a wizard, so it can't really hold aggro from it.
    Also, I used to tank a boss that could 2 hits me (mag atk then normal atk) once I was missing the skill to cancel his mag atk, I was dead. Also, fist bms can hold aggro and survive if they refine like **** their equipement and shard up, wich is pretty expensive.

I stole your mother-f**king pi.

I know pi off by heart apporximately to 50 digits. =)