Is it really worth doing 4Dex/ 1Str each level or wear HA?

homiegdoggfool
homiegdoggfool Posts: 32 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
As the title says, i'm wondering if it is actually worth it doing the 4Dex/ 1Str build or get enough Str to wear HA.

I am thinking that HA will be worth it since when HA is refined, HP is higher.

*Please tell me your experience of doing 4Dex/ 1Str of HA build. thank you :B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ಥ_ಥ : the face of the many posters on most General Discussion posts.

ಢ_ಢೂ : the face of many posters that admire you SS.

ಠ_ಠೊ : the face of many posters that are confused.
Post edited by homiegdoggfool on

Comments

• Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I normally advocate builds that are off the beaten track but not in the case of assasins. Assasins are archers only melee range. Would you wear heavy armour on an archer?

You're going to sacrifice your magic defense and high crit rate, evasion, accuracy and most importantly your attack just for some extra HP. I had a heavy venomancer who had only 3 vit due to her stats being demmanding. She still managed to gain 5027 HP unbuffed just with hp gems and refines and +vit from her gear.

You can get alot of HP just from doing the same. Think of it. Light armour has lower HP per refine, but it still has more than robes. I know archers at level 90+ with more than 6k HP.

The idea of assasins is to kill before you get killed, and you've got a high crit rate and awesome skills to assist you in doing that. If you're wanting more hp and defense, a blademaster sounds like what you're looking for.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • monkeyking99
    monkeyking99 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if you get str to take wear HA, you will have more defense but way much lesser damage which means you take longer to kill a monster which means the monster can hit you more so getting str to wear HA is not really worth it
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if you get str to take wear HA, you will have more defense but way much lesser damage which means you take longer to kill a monster which means the monster can hit you more so getting str to wear HA is not really worth it
    ^ this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • homiegdoggfool
    homiegdoggfool Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i was thinking of putting enough STR for the gear then put the rest in DEX, none in Vit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ಥ_ಥ : the face of the many posters on most General Discussion posts.

ಢ_ಢೂ : the face of many posters that admire you SS.

ಠ_ಠೊ : the face of many posters that are confused.
    edited December 2009
    i was thinking of putting enough STR for the gear then put the rest in DEX, none in Vit
    are you decked out with charm and pots? Cause youll be extremely squishy... no joke =(
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    First off, it's not possible to wear at-level Heavy Armor and still wield at-level Daggers. You'd need 5.5 attribute points per level or so, since the Heavy Armor needs 2.5 str per level, and the Daggers need 3 dex per level.

As for damage, honestly early on you'll be getting something like 90% of your damage from skill usage, which 1 Dex point per level doesn't really affect.

I can actually see doing 2 str 3 dex per level up to perhaps the high 20s or low 30s, then going 100% dex until you're back at an overall 1 str 4 dex. You wouldn't lose out on much damage, and you'd be able to wear slightly below-level Heavy Armor through the 20s-30s. You could always switch to LA for magic mobs, and the level 20 HA plate has more PDef than 1- and 2-star Light Plate until the L50 Armor of Fortune.

And yes, Light armor is very squishy. Life Powder is a godsend though, especially if you're like me and have 4 characters and several months' worth of Nectar and Golden Herbs stocked up.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this archer i've seen from Scant went HA...the result was that with her +7 wep she had more or less similar base damage as me with my +3 wep.

i mean, you can make it work, especially later in the game with a lot of +stats gear/items. but the reduction in damage would be very real and very significant.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited December 2009
    this archer i've seen from Scant went HA...the result was that with her +7 wep she had more or less similar base damage as me with my +3 wep.

i mean, you can make it work, especially later in the game with a lot of +stats gear/items. but the reduction in damage would be very real and very significant.
    in other words their HA armour would only exist for stray mobs hitting them, not cause theyt take the aggro lol
  • DeityofRain - Harshlands
    DeityofRain - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I want to see a HA assassin, go go b:dirty
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The reason MOST LA BM builds don't work is because they can't dish out enough damage for the defense they sacrifice, therefore they end up taking lots of damage by the time they could waste a mob.

Assassins, however, kill with roughly the speed of awesome. When you are an Assassin, you spend majority of the time thinking about how to kill in the most speedy yet stylish way possible, not how much HP will be left after the fight, because the fight would likely be over before you have time to calculate.
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Dude really? Listen to these ppl. on here, they all say the same general thing, don't argue. They did not all get to together on the tele and say lets tell this guy something wrong. Assassin=1 hit, 1 Kill, Then get the flock out! meaning u ain't killing nothing w/ HA! Go Light like all of us r saying and play. Otherwise go play something a little more basic, may I suggest ummm; FreeRealms!
  • Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    maocchi wrote: »
    The reason MOST LA BM builds don't work is because they can't dish out enough damage for the defense they sacrifice, therefore they end up taking lots of damage by the time they could waste a mob.

Assassins, however, kill with roughly the speed of awesome. When you are an Assassin, you spend majority of the time thinking about how to kill in the most speedy yet stylish way possible, not how much HP will be left after the fight, because the fight would likely be over before you have time to calculate.

I actually LOL'd at this. Nice way of putting it. But what these people say is true. Assassins are not made to tank. You get in, cripple the mob, and vanish out of harm's way. In my eyes, Pure dex is the way to go with an assassin. If you want more health, make a barb or BM. If you insist on you assassin, then invest in a Vit tome and shards.
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    (Now I lay you down to sleep)
    Simply wont let me
    (I pray the lord your soul to keep)
    Enter quietly
    (And if I die before you)
    Ill see you in hell
    (That shall be his first mistake)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Kephras for the awesome Sig
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Oh, ****!

I so very much wish they had implemented gear that adds to our attributes in this game.

b:cry
    They actually did. Among the addons that are available in gear are +str and +dex. However, it's not that common, and also can't be used towards its own requirements.

Another thing that might work is gear with the -requirement property. Again though, you'd have to get lucky in finding or crafting it.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In assassin DEX is the way to go, period.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And another point in here.

About DEX CLASSES TANKING:
    I TANK! and im pure DEX str 3 and vit 3. AND SO I TANK. xD

At first i didnt thought about tankin but either way i kept stealing aggro, so i tanked. xD

DEX well played and with good gear and shards, can be as rewarding as to be the fasters killers in pvp and tankers in pve.

So keep it up. AND DONT **** YOUR CHAR WITH HA!! just get legendary or 3 stars refine it and shard it. (with the best citrine shards possible)
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And another point in here.

About DEX CLASSES TANKING:
    I TANK! and im pure DEX str 3 and vit 3. AND SO I TANK. xD

At first i didnt thought about tankin but either way i kept stealing aggro, so i tanked. xD

DEX well played and with good gear and shards, can be as rewarding as to be the fasters killers in pvp and tankers in pve.

So keep it up. AND DONT **** YOUR CHAR WITH HA!! just get legendary or 3 stars refine it and shard it. (with the best citrine shards possible)

Let's just say you can semi-tank, like any other class depending on the type of attack and the damage inflicted..
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    are you decked out with charm and pots? Cause youll be extremely squishy... no joke =(

Life powders seriously do the trick.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear17
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    All in all, the Assassin will never be like a Wizzy or BM where you can choose to swap to an armor set other then what was intended for your class for a very simple reason:

You will cripple yourself, and you - will - DIE.

Assassins are built much like archers, based on DEX, Crit Rate, and Pure Damage. We're not a tanking or semi-tanking class. We're pure damage, and going Heavy Armor would require so much strength that you would cripple both your damage, but your HP as well.

I'm well aware that HA gives more per + on the gear, but in the end, if you want to be a tank, make a barb. If you want to be a dmg dealer that CAN tank, be a BM. If you want to be a stealthy little **** running around shanking mobs from behind before they even know that you just carved your name in the back of there ****... Be an Assassin!
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You know there's always people out there that neeeeed to be different...regardless of how much it can weaken them XD I'm sure we'll see some odd Assassin builds soon...Oh boy...I remember the Veno I met that refused to use pets... x.x
    edited December 2009
    You know there's always people out there that neeeeed to be different...regardless of how much it can weaken them XD I'm sure we'll see some odd Assassin builds soon...Oh boy...I remember the Veno I met that refused to use pets... x.x

case and point:

Arcane Barbs
    Arcane BM's
    HA Clerics
    HA Psychics
    Arcane / HA Archers

What do all these things have in common?....

FAILURE
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I understand taking a class meant for grouping and making them more able to solo if you don't like parties much...But if you expect people to accept you into parties with some weird build you created that greatly takes away from what's expected from your class...That's pretty silly XD
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    case and point:

Arcane Barbs
    Arcane BM's
    HA Clerics
    HA Psychics
    Arcane / HA Archers

FAILURE

Actually... they'd probably make great Cata pullers with their defense level buff b:avoid
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Regarding catapult psychics: Purge. That is all.

Also, how could you possibly forget Bowbarians?

Personally, I think HA assassin is at least viable in the early levels, and somewhat less fail than some of the other variant builds floating around.
    edited December 2009
    I do understand that there are viable builds for some classes... but seriously... making a HA assassin would be like making a barb, with the intent of always tanking, constantly, then gearing him in full arcane, with turquoise gems, evasion neck / belt, caster rings, etc, etc... It just defeats the purpose of the character. >.<

EDIT:: For example, I have a BM that's Axe AND Fist... High enough str and dex to always use at-level Axes and fists, wearing heavy armor. He's got **** for vit, but he does more damage then most pure-build BM's his level. >=D (level 75)
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    case and point:

Arcane Barbs
    Arcane BM's
    HA Clerics
    HA Psychics
    Arcane / HA Archers

FAILURE

HA Clerics = failure? then you NOOBASb:bye
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    case and point:

Arcane Barbs
    Arcane BM's
    HA Clerics
    HA Psychics
    Arcane / HA Archers

FAILURE
    ^ this

Each class has a clear direction as to which stat direction it must take.
    A barb has hp skills and close range phys atks = HA
    a cleric has hp recovery skills based on magic atk, and ranged magic atks = Robe

It's self explanatory.
    Assasins need >3 points every level to wield daggers which are required to use their skills.
    => either do 4 dex, 1 str a level - or 1 vit, 2 str, 7 dex every 2 levels.

(the str and dex can be fiddled with on the last bit)
    But without these necessary allocated stats your character will quite honestly fail. Daggers have similar requisites to LA, so it makes sense to go with both. At the end of the day you NEED daggers & you wonna use the best for your level - so you NEED no less than about 3.5dex a level! which also means LA.