psychics dont believe in Santa

Comments

• snikdob99
    snikdob99 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    truekossy - that is plume not arch. I'm in arch. Blacksmiths dont sell bows under dex 33 in arch.

I think you missed the point ... really you did.

Default attacks for cleric, assasin, bm, untamed (not sure about veno) kill while wizard and psychic do not. They did it wrong. (I have no explanation why it isnt snowing in all home cities) That was the point not whether I could buy a training bow in arch, which I cant. Others - those complaining - suggested I should use a bow rather than my soul drill. Why should pychs or wizards use anything but their default weapon? Talk to Sacronox.

My point stands ... they made a mistake.
    (and its consistent with the approach they have with mobs and magical resistance as well)
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    Thankyou Truekossy. Snik, you're an idiot. It was mentioned several times you could get a 5dex 5 str bow. Stop trying to prove everyone wrong. Stop being a **** whinge too.

Ad hominem ... pointless. You speak well of yourself.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    snikdob99 wrote: »
    (and its consistent with the approach they have with mobs and magical resistance as well)

No.. you're just an ignorant fool. You have stated that you dont want to "mess up your build" to equip a bow. However, you were proven incorrect, and have yet to admit that you're wrong. You are just here to QQ. End of story. Grab a bow, or ignore the snowmen. Do you not see other physics/venos/wizards equipping bows? heck, even barbarians and BMs use bows because its much faster.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Igetyouwet - Dreamweaver
    Igetyouwet - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You know, this game is a bit asymetrical.

There are mobs that are magic resistant, but no mobs that are specifically physical resistant ... at least not that I have seen.

I bet one dollar they never fix that.

i belive that increased defence is like phys def resist...kinda....1 gold please.
  • Ninja_Mizu - Raging Tide
    Ninja_Mizu - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Seriously...if you dont want everyone on the board to hate you...just go to a starter city (arch is not a starter city >>;;;) and buy a lvl 1 bow and stop trolling.

You have already been given the correct answers but you still feel the need to QQ and troll... Please do everyone a favor and give up already. b:bye

You have your answer.....
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    truekossy - that is plume not arch. I'm in arch. Blacksmiths dont sell bows under dex 33 in arch.

Default attacks for cleric, assasin, bm, untamed (not sure about veno) kill while wizard and psychic do not. They did it wrong. (I have no explanation why it isnt snowing in all home cities) That was the point not whether I could buy a training bow in arch, which I cant. Others - those complaining - suggested I should use a bow rather than my soul drill. Why should pychs or wizards use anything but their default weapon? Talk to Sacronox.

Firstly: Stop crying and go to another city. It takes very little time to get to any of them, even if you go without teleporting. All 3 starter cities have snowmen, and all 3 starter cities have a level 1 bow you can use. Total cost if you teleport both directions and buy a bow with 500 arrows will probably be slightly over 3k. A pittance compared to what's dropping.

Secondly: A basic physical attack from ANY class will kill the snowmen. Not everything is about skills, and if you think that it should be, I've got something to tell you. Congratulations: You have now become so closed minded you won't be able to make it past some of the easiest early quests.

Finally: You don't seem to grasp the point that the use of a bow on a Psychic and a wizard will not make the weapons permanently bind to the character, forever ruining them. The use of a bow will allow for the fastest potential killing of the snowmen for any one of the classes.

By the by, the only "home" city that it isn't snowing in is Raging Tides, and that could possibly be because of the massive lag that is already present there. Or the developers haven't yet had ample time to modify the textures and create spawn points for the snowmen in the remarkably new city. So stop complaining and start playing. Or go to Jade Dynasty to get easy levels for no work at all.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    I'm going to end this ... I made the mistake of engaging in a conversation about bows ... which wasnt the point. My bad. I am not desperate for chi or celestones.

This is what I said ...

.. my lv24 psychic has yet to harm a snowman. Archers, thrown daggers, swords ... but no psychic attacks.

Merry Christmas PWI. :(

... and there are four starter cities not three - just to correct the record. It isnt snowing in tidal rage (at least not on the tidal server. It may be on HT)

They did it wrong. I see this as similar to the enhance magic resistance category or mob - I have never seen an enhanced physical resistance category. Maybe there is one. I'm not a game programmer (network, system etc is what I do) but I have worked with Torque (a little known engine) on several projects. They did this wrong. You are compensating for a mistake.

This isnt about chi ... I only use the genie for occasional HP buffs.

They did it wrong ...

.. my lv24 psychic has yet to harm a snowman. Archers, thrown daggers, swords ... but no psychic attacks.

And Merry Christmas to all the ad homineers.

P.S.
    They did it wrong.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009

You seem to be either stupid, lacking in common sense, or you enjoy whining about inconsequential things purely because you want to.

First and foremost, absolutely nothing is stopping you from going to any of the starting areas for classes between level 1 to 19, speaking to a blacksmith there, and purchasing a level 1 bow to solve your little "problem". If you're too lazy to do so then that is your fault and you should shut up and stop complaining. Everyone with half a brain knows, or after playing for longer than a week finds out, that moving to higher leveled areas causes higher quality equipment to be available for purchase while lower quality equipment will not be. The fact that you are too ignorant/stupid/stubborn/etc to buy at a blacksmith other than the one in Archosaur is really your problem and not the fault of anyone else. In this case, you're the one being foolish and missing the point entirely.

Moving right along to your next complaint... you're wrong. All classes have the same default attack: hitting a monster physically with their weapon. That right there makes everything else you say on that subject just an exercise in ignorance. Now let's move on to their starting SKILLS since you want to act like a complete fool. Archers, blademasters, assassins, and barbarians are all... wait for it... PHYSICAL DAMAGE DEALERS. This means that their attacks will deal, can you guess, physical damage! Of COURSE they'll use physical skills. That's how their classes are designed! Your only semi-legitimate complaint here is Plume Shot... and most clerics aren't using it. Why? Because it's easier to just get a bow, as everyone else has been telling you to do. Venomancers are in the same boat as wizards and psychics for their starting skill. Something you would know if you took time to do the research before making yourself look like a fool. They did not do it wrong and there is an easy alternative for all classes. Just because you do not personally wish to use it does not make it any less valid.

Your concern about it not snowing in the tideborn starter town is the only one that really is valid... except for the fact that a little common sense should make it obvious. There are no Christmas quests this year, just snowmen and this was not posted anywhere, nor even known by the GMs. That, in and of itself, should tell you that this wasn't fully planned since the expansion release overshadowed it. Now let's also take into account that the tideborn area DID NOT EXIST during the last time snowmen came along. Can you put two and two together now to figure out why they don't show up in the tideborn areas? No? Because nobody had the chance to add any code for that between the release and the snowmen showing up. Now considering that not even our GMs were aware of the snowman event occurring, do you really think complaining needlessly is going to change anything? Here's a hint for you: it won't.

Why should any class use something besides their default weapon, you ask? You know what, that's a great question. Let's make it so all the caster classes aside from psychic can only use wands (that's the weapon you start with, after all!), the blademasters can only use single swords, the barbarians can only use single hammers, and archers can only use regular bows. See how stupid, ignorant, and pathetic you sound yet? Nobody is forcing you to use skills. You still have the option of running up to the snowmen and hitting it with your orbs. Sure, the rest of us will just laugh at you while we outkill you because we have enough sense to know when a different weapon is better for the occasion, but at least you'll be sticking to your default weapon!

My point stands, you're an ignorant and arrogant fool and they made no mistake. (and this is proven by you complaining about magic immune monsters when there are physical immune ones as well as both an increased defense/magic defense bonus, a sacrificial assault bonus that gives caster classes easy kills, the fact that magic NEVER MISSES, oh and let's not forget that the hardest hitting class in the game uses magical attacks and not physical ones.)

In conclusion, QQ moar. Better yet, either do your research and complain about valid things instead of wasting everyone's time, or save us all some effort and
    mytransformerdb11.jpg
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    OH ME GOSH!!!
    ME HAS....SHOCKING NEWS!
    b:shocked
    ME.....PUNCHED A SNOWMAN TO DEATH USING MAH DEFAULT PHYSICAL ATTACK AS A WIZARD
    ZMOG!
    AND IT WORKED
    LOOOOOLS~
    b:surrender
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    Wrong Truekossy. Your post is full of strawmen of your own making ... not mine.

Default attacks are all skill based ... and you know that. No one ... not even you ... use the beat them with your pencil case attack. At higher levels I even remove the icon from the skill bar.

Its not about whoring chi or compensating for a mistake with bows. They made a mistake.

There are people at this very moment that will stay up till saturday whoring chi and celestones. (And probably purchase storage expansion to save it all) I have only used chi once months ago when my genie ran out of gas with its HP buff. (I did see a mantou - that I could have used. I use lots of life powder ... later. lv24 doesnt need it - purple pots when I have coins)
    edited December 2009
    Now you're just trollin.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm going to end this ... I made the mistake of engaging in a conversation about bows ... which wasnt the point. My bad. I am not desperate for chi or celestones.is this your point? that you don't want drops?

This is what I said ...

... and there are four starter cities not three - just to correct the record. It isnt snowing in tidal rage (at least not on the tidal server. It may be on HT)
    Consider the record corrected, thanks
    They did it wrong. I see this as similar to the enhance magic resistance category or mob - I have never seen an enhanced physical resistance category. you like big words, i wouldn't think equating "enhanced physical resistance" to "Increased Defense" would give you much troubleMaybe there is one. I'm not a game programmer (network, system etc is what I do) but I have worked with Torque (a little known engine) on several projects.Thats great. They did this wrong. You are compensating for a mistake.

This isnt about chi ... I only use the genie for occasional HP buffs.maybe you should learn what genies can do

They did it wrong ...YOU are doing it wrong

And Merry Christmas to all the ad homineers.the "you like big words" comment may have been veiled ad hominem, and for that I apologize

P.S.
    They did it wrong.

They should probably hire you, so you can fix all their problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009

So take a moment, teleport to Plume, Etherblade or City of the Lost and buy a bow you numbwit.

Seriously, your a very slow person. People proved you wrong about not being able to get a bow, and you are so stupid you can't even see it. What kind of mental midget are you?

Stop QQing, get your **** to a starter city, buy a bow and some arrows and STFU dumbas.

Jesus Jumping Christ on a bloody pogo stick your a fricking idiot. How do you dress yourself in the morning? You don't appear to have the intellectual capacity to even know how to breath. Geez what a moron.

~Saitada
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • truekossy
    edited December 2009
    Wrong Truekossy. Your post is full of strawmen of your own making ... not mine. Is it my fault you can't accept facts for what they are? No, not really. Get over it.

Default attacks are all skill based ... and you know that Really? Lemme make a new character then. Hmm... each and every one of them had the first attack on their skill bars as attack with a weapon. I guess that just isn't default enough anymore!. No one ... not even you ... use the beat them with your pencil case attack. Actually, you're wrong as most have done this at one point in time. Ever heard of kun-kun? How about the folks who were testing various skill effects (casting frostblade on yourself and hitting a monster with your wand, for example)? Let's not forget that every physical class uses this most of the time. Oh and there are the alternate builds such as heavy/robe venos, axe welding clerics, bowbarians, or people who just ran out of MP on a monster and had it close enough to death to just hit it in the face with their weapon. If you have a brain, please start using it to figure this out on your own before making yourself look even worse here. At higher levels I even remove the icon from the skill bar. Good for you. It's still the first icon that appears whenever you press the e button.

Its not about whoring chi or compensating for a mistake with bows. They made a mistake. No they didn't. You're just an imbecile who refuses to understand what's right in front of your face and want everything changes to suit YOUR needs. Guess what, nobody really cares about your needs and if that's too much for you to handle then tough luck. Get over yourself

b:byeb:bye
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    SashaGray, increased life and defense effect all classes - magical and physical. Its not the same. Enhanced magical resistance has no effect on physical attacks but can nearly shutdown a magical attack. There is a difference - an asymetry throughout the game - as far as I have taken it. A poster mentioned a town I havent been to.

My point was ... they did it wrong. I made the mistake of allowing myself to be sidetracked on a non-issue of getting bows. I dont use bows. I also dont ***** things ... like mats. I take what I need/use.

They probably wanted to do something that would satisfy the acquisative nature of all you online gamers as a gift but had to do it within the limitations of the existing engine - rather than fix the engine. The result - the asymetry that is in the game is in the gift. Good for all those that use a bow - or clerics. (note 1)

Maybe genies can do other things - I have tried a few things. But there are two HP buffs that I have found useful - is tree of life one of them ... I forget and the game isnt running at the moment. I use them as an omg I'm about to die zero wait HP buff. Otherwise I use pots, life powder or purple passion.

Right now I am focused on leveling four toons and not fighting over chi or celestones which I dont really use. (Mantou is something else).

I have my gift ... you are all in cities equally spaced at bow range to hump snowmen for chi leaving me alone in the country to get things done. I'm laying in a supply of life powder.

Merry Christmas.
    (see note 1) They did it wrong.
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    b:byeb:bye

You forgot to tell him to....

suckitup.jpg

~Saitada
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
    edited December 2009
    Damn Sai. I was looking for that. Google images didnt have it. Woulda posted that if I had found it.
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    So take a moment, teleport to Plume, Etherblade or City of the Lost and buy a bow you numbwit.

Seriously, your a very slow person. People proved you wrong about not being able to get a bow, and you are so stupid you can't even see it. What kind of mental midget are you?

Stop QQing, get your **** to a starter city, buy a bow and some arrows and STFU dumbas.

Jesus Jumping Christ on a bloody pogo stick your a fricking idiot. How do you dress yourself in the morning? You don't appear to have the intellectual capacity to even know how to breath. Geez what a moron.

~Saitada

Was this edited for spelling, syntax or meaness?
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The Tideborn have a big guy in their flying temple doohicky whose lap you can sit on and tell what you want for Fishmas. b:chuckle

Merry Fishmas everyone! b:laugh
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "increased defense" mobs do not have increased magic defense, look at the damage dealt, and this should be quite clear, and therefore the only effect it has on magic users is the amount of xp yielded by the kill. unless your a veno, in which case the damage dealt from pet will be reduced. making them as hard for phys characters and increased magic resistance mobs are for magic classes.

that is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Was this edited for spelling, syntax or meaness?

It was edited because I am using an old USB keyboard because the batteries on my wireless died (and the local stores are closed for Christmas Eve). My current keyboard from day one, has never liked my typing speed and omits letters as I type. So it was edited for spelling. It is still, nevertheless true about you. You are a singular specimen of that all to common creature... Stupidius Dumbassius.

Have a nice day cupcake.

~Saitada

~Saitada
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    "increased defense" mobs do not have increased magic defense, look at the damage dealt, and this should be quite clear, and therefore the only effect it has on magic users is the amount of xp yielded by the kill. unless your a veno, in which case the damage dealt from pet will be reduced. making them as hard for phys characters and increased magic resistance mobs are for magic classes.

that is all.

Let me be clear -

There are increased life and increased defense mobs. Both of which are 'harder' to kill for both magical and physical attacks.

There are increased magic resistance mobs that are no harder to kill using physical attacks than a normal mob. However, they are significantly more difficult to kill using magical attack. There are no mobs that are only harder to kill physically than magically. That is the asymetry. There are mobs that are harder to kill magically than physically but there are no mobs that are harder to kill physically than magically.
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    It was edited because I am using an old USB keyboard because the batteries on my wireless died (and the local stores are closed for Christmas Eve). My current keyboard from day one, has never liked my typing speed and omits letters as I type. So it was edited for spelling. It is still, nevertheless true about you. You are a singular specimen of that all to common creature... Stupidius Dumbassius.

Have a nice day cupcake.

~Saitada

Venomous with a smart mouth.
  • truekossy
    edited December 2009
    Let me be clear -

There are increased life and increased defense mobs. Both of which are 'harder' to kill for both magical and physical attacks.

There are increased magic resistance mobs that are no harder to kill using physical attacks than a normal mob. However, they are significantly more difficult to kill using magical attack. There are no mobs that are only harder to kill physically than magically. There are mobs that are harder to kill magically than physically but there are no mobs that are harder to kill physically than magically.

Let me be clear.

Increased defense mobs DO NOT have an increased amount of magical defense and are thus, as easy to kill for magical users as a regular mob. The exact opposite applies for increased magic defense mobs as they keep their regular physical defense. To top it off, any melee class will have more trouble with a sacrificial assault monster than a caster because the casters will never actually be hit by said monster. There are mobs that are harder to kill physically than magically. You are an ignorant fool who did not do any research and have very little experience in this game if you believe otherwise. You should listen to the many people here who obviously have far more experience here than you do instead of trying to defend a false claim and making yourself look even more foolish.

Oh and about all your QQ about casters being so mistreated and this game's asymetry...
    2009-12-1204-19-33.jpg

When physical attack based classes are able to 1-shot bosses like that without outside buffs, outside debuffs, or physical resistance lowering debuffs, then you can QQ about them catching up to what a caster an do.

Edit: Original post with this pic can be found here
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Let me be clear.

Increased defense mobs DO NOT have an increased amount of magical defense and are thus, as easy to kill for magical users as a regular mob. The exact opposite applies for increased magic defense mobs as they keep their regular physical defense. To top it off, any melee class will have more trouble with a sacrificial assault monster than a caster because the casters will never actually be hit by said monster. There are mobs that are harder to kill physically than magically. You are an ignorant fool who did not do any research and have very little experience in this game if you believe otherwise. You should listen to the many people here who obviously have far more experience here than you do instead of trying to defend a false claim and making yourself look even more foolish.

This ^_^
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Venomous with a smart mouth.

Smart mouth? Why because I called you a severe, unrepentant moron? Sorry cupcake, but I call them as I see them. Venomous? You have YET to see me actually get Venomous with you. I've been very polite to you considering what I actually think of your intellectual capacity. I am always this nice to people who have the misfortune to go through life without a working brain like you appear to be doing.

~Saitada

~Saitada
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Smart mouth? Why because I called you a severe, unrepentant moron? Sorry cupcake, but I call them as I see them. Venomous? You have YET to see me actually get Venomous with you. I've been very polite to you considering what I actually think of your intellectual capacity. I am always this nice to people who have the misfortune to go through life without a working brain like you appear to be doing.

~Saitada

This ^_^ And she's being honest b:shocked
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • truekossy
    edited December 2009
    I am always this nice to people who have the misfortune to go through life without a working brain like you appear to be doing.

~Saitada

Perhaps we should dissect this person for the sake of science and in order to understand just how the human body can function without a working brain.

Then, possibly, we may be able to correct this issue and make the world a better place. b:pleased
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Perhaps we should dissect this person for the sake of science and in order to understand just how the human body can function without a working brain.

Then, possibly, we may be able to correct this issue and make the world a better place. b:pleased

This ^_^ But he scares me b:shocked
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    Let me be clear.

Oh and about all your QQ about casters being so mistreated and this game's asymetry...

When physical attack based classes are able to 1-shot bosses like that without outside buffs, outside debuffs, or physical resistance lowering debuffs, then you can QQ about them catching up to what a caster an do.

Edit: Original post with this pic can be found here

I havent found Increased Defense mobs easier to kill by magic. I didnt say they had increased magical defense. You said that. I dont know what the rational is for either increased life or defense really. The rational for increased magical resistance is clear. I dont know of an increased physical resistance.

You are creating the strawman that the casters are mistreated. I never said that. I mentioned the asymetry. I have used every class of character and have never had problems with sacrificial mobs with either magical or physical attacks. Honestly, I treat them as weak by both. Casters/archers are DD's.

The lower level tidals could use the snowmen drops - if they had snowmen.

One of the casters can hit - clerics - snowmen. (As well as physical classes). Others cannot.

They did it wrong.

P.S.
    Have you ever - and I mean this - had an exchange that didnt involve hatred and name calling? I would ask that of Saishoni as well.

Who do you hate? It cant be me for having an opinion about a game.