psychics dont believe in Santa

snikdob99
snikdob99 Posts: 19 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
... my lv24 psychic has yet to harm a snowman. Archers, thrown daggers, swords ... but no psychic attacks.

Merry Christmas PWI. :(
Post edited by snikdob99 on

Comments

• NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Merry X'mas to u too. And buy a level 1 bow. b:victory
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    try being a wizard.....
    fire doesn't melter them.
    b:shocked

b:angry
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've tried and tried... and I can't come up with a reasonable reason to make them immune for elemental damage....

I think they should have an event with physically immune mobs just to make it fair.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fire will, however, melt hamsters.....well cook them but all the same b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    Merry X'mas to u too. And buy a level 1 bow. b:victory

No, I am not mangling my toon with skill points it doesnt need just to kill a snowman. It has 5 dex and cant use a bow and it will stay that way ... K ... thanks.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Level 1 bow requires 5 dex... any class can use one. Dont get a bow then.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    I've tried and tried... and I can't come up with a reasonable reason to make them immune for elemental damage....

I think they should have an event with physically immune mobs just to make it fair.b:chuckle

You know, this game is a bit asymetrical.

There are mobs that are magic resistant, but no mobs that are specifically physical resistant ... at least not that I have seen.

I bet one dollar they never fix that.
    edited December 2009
    snikdob99 wrote: »

There are mobs that are magic resistant, but no mobs that are specifically physical resistant ... at least not that I have seen.

I bet one dollar they never fix that.

City of abominations has physical immune mobs.
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    City of abominations has physical immune mobs.

Havent been there yet. But you know what I mean. Every mob type has the chance of members that are magic immune but not physical immune. There is nothing a thumper cant kill but there are things my psychic runs from ... anything with enhanced magic immunity just grinds my toon down.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Havent been there yet. But you know what I mean. Every mob type has the chance of members that are magic immune but not physical immune. There is nothing a thumper cant kill but there are things my psychic runs from ... anything with enhanced magic immunity just grinds my toon down.

They have increased mag resist.... they have increased defense =P What is your issue? Buy a bow and go hunt snowmen....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • sniperad
    sniperad Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You don't need a bow...you can kill them with your normal physical attack. They only have 1 HP!!!
    With a bow you can kill them faster, but is not necessary
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    They have increased mag resist.... they have increased defense =P What is your issue? Buy a bow and go hunt snowmen....

Read the thread - my lv24 psychic has 5 dex - the lowest bow I can buy needs 33 dex. I'm not **** my toon over a mistake by the developers.

I have seen clerics kill them but I have only killed them with basic attack, which is thumping them on the head with my soul drill. Everything else is an auto-Resist.

Wizies and pychs were apparently overlooked by the developers.

I honestly hope it crashes their economy giving out so many celestones. I bet the equivilant in rewards to hundreds of thousands of quests are being awarded every day.
  • Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver
    Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Read the thread - my lv24 psychic has 5 dex - the lowest bow I can buy needs 33 dex. I'm not **** my toon over a mistake by the developers.

I have seen clerics kill them but I have only killed them with basic attack, which is thumping them on the head with my soul drill. Everything else is an auto-Resist.

Wizies and pychs were apparently overlooked by the developers.

I honestly hope it crashes their economy giving out so many celestones. I bet the equivilant in rewards to hundreds of thousands of quests are being awarded every day.

go to plume ether or lost and you can buy a lvl 1 bow its requirement is 5 dex and 5 str now before you QQ more and call people idiots learn to look stuff up
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Everyone can deal physical damage, but some classes have no source of magic damage (apart from genie skills or other external sources). With physical immunity all classes at least have the ability to kill snowmen, though some are a lot more efficient than others. Though I have to wonder why give the snowmen an immunity at all... people kill them so fast, it's not like spells would give a huge advantage anyways. By the time they finish channeling, the archer would have shot them already.
    sniperad wrote: »
    You don't need a bow...you can kill them with your normal physical attack. They only have 1 HP!!!
    With a bow you can kill them faster, but is not necessary
    Yes, you try engaging a snowman in melee before someone snipes it from afar. It's possible, but bows are by far the method with the best chance of succeeding.
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    No snow in city of raging tides ... hmmm.

There is in Arch and Plume.

I call BS.
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    go to plume ether or lost and you can buy a lvl 1 bow its requirement is 5 dex and 5 str now before you QQ more and call people idiots learn to look stuff up

That is the beginner bow and you cant buy it.

Also, above a certain level lower level sticks are not sold by the blacksmith.
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Ever been to tt? My group gets around give or take the equivlant of 100 quests in celestone drops. Not to mention mirages are 13-14k on my server. I don't think this is going to crash the economy, more likely the chi stones will have a greater affect.

Also
    You can buy:http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/212

And if a level 89 can buy it I'm sure you can. If not roll a level 1 to buy it :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009

you can buy the bow... and why would complain about no snow in tide when you apparently can't even kill them >_<
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver
    Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009

-.-; i thought i remembered your name somewhere all you have done is QQ in several different threads about the tideborn seriously if you dont like it just quit it would make several people happy
    edited December 2009
    This guy is a moron. How come I can find a bow for sale at a blacksmith with 5 dex requirement and he cant?
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    This guy is a moron. How come I can find a bow for sale at a blacksmith with 5 dex requirement and he cant?

It's because he's too busy qqing...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    -.-; i thought i remembered your name somewhere all you have done is QQ in several different threads about the tideborn seriously if you dont like it just quit it would make several people happy

You have an issue with people pointing out problems?
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    You have an issue with people pointing out problems?

I have a problem with people pointing out non-existent problems.... like you...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009

Thanks for the ad hominem humina humina.

This is the lowest bow at the blacksmith in arch. Dex 33.

arch-blacksmith.png
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    I have a problem with people pointing out non-existent problems.... like you...

Rhetoric. Its not non-existent.

It appears that psychic and magic attacks dont work. Of course I can kill with a bash - I said as much. Clerics, thrown daggers, rays work ... psychic attacks and as reported by others wizard attacks dont either.

This wasnt done right.
  • snikdob99
    edited December 2009
    you can buy the bow... and why would complain about no snow in tide when you apparently can't even kill them >_<

I can kill them - read the thread.

I havnt been to lost or ether - but plume and arch are included (elvish home city) while the tidal home city isnt - at least on the tidal server. Maybe its limited to the HT server.

Thoughtful responses are of interest ... but kids responding as smart asses just wastes everyones time. (Man am I expecting to much here or what)

(Here it comes ... oh yeah ... what are you doing)
    edited December 2009
    Ya, know... there are blacksmiths in places other than archo...
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    We also told him to go to one of the other cities to get the bow... but apparently he doesn't care to read our rhetoric does he?
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the ad hominem humina humina.

This is the lowest bow at the blacksmith in arch. Dex 33.

arch-blacksmith.png

20091224192931.png

Normally, I'm not one to do this but seriously.... QQ moar? Next time you wanna complain about something, try doing your research first so your complaint is valid. Any class can buy a level 1 bow, some arrows, and attack snowmen with physical hits from range. Not any class could run around using magic on them if they had physical resist.

And if they could be hit by magic, wouldn't be too difficult to... say... open DB on an area where they spawn to kill them instantly without others having a chance to target while someone else in your squad loots drops.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thankyou Truekossy. Snik, you're an idiot. It was mentioned several times you could get a 5dex 5 str bow. Stop trying to prove everyone wrong. Stop being a **** whinge too.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2