? About Cleric stats

Lewie - Lost City
Lewie - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
I was told a couple times that adding more than 300 points to magic would give min. return. this true?
Is there a cutoff where stats no longer give you the same return?
Post edited by Lewie - Lost City on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lies o-0

/10char
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    all lies.
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pezizgood
    pezizgood Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have heard, from several level 90's and 100's, that after putting 300 points in MAG you get diminishing returns. I have never tested this so I can't say for sure. But defences do the same thing: Adding 100 phys def when you already have 10K phys def does nothing really, other than give you maybe 1% more reduction. And phys def is determined by VIT, just like magic attack power is determined by MAG. But even if it is true, what else are you going to put it in?
    I thought about putting stat points into VIT after getting 300 MAG points, but I realized that TT 80 gold would already give a **** load of VIT, and if the barb does his job, you could probably get away with 5 VIT anyways.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    rawr lies b:shocked
    b:dirty
  • Yaentzu - Lost City
    Yaentzu - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So, basically, it's ok to chuck attr. points in Magic as much as possible? b:dirty
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Speaking from both a wizard and a cleric's perspective, magic directly enhances your magical attack power but it's impact is far smaller than most people realise. It's incredibly strong when stacked high, but a few points either way won't break your strength.

As a Light Armor cleric, I lack a little magic skill as points have gone into dexterity for equips. That being said, I still have strong magical ability comparable to most of the other clerics I compared myself to (of similar level). I recently acquired a level 3 magic tome as well (+15 magic) which, when equipped, only added a small bonus to my magic attack.

It's possible that magic has a more pronounced effect behind the scenes, possibly as a multiplier when you equip magic weapons of stronger grades, but in general it will take a significant amount of magic to make any noticeable impact on your skills.
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah that's complete tripe I'm afraid, don't really know where it came fromb:question
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    who cares if there are diminishing returns

More Magic = Stronger attacks.. Better heals..

You can NEVER have enough magic points imo
    So, basically, it's ok to chuck attr. points in Magic as much as possible? b:dirty

YES !!! please do !
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    More magic = More better
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't believe for a sec that there is a - effect on adding more mag above a certain amount.

I restatted from a 50 vit build to a full mag with 3 base vit, and trust me, my dmg went way up there. The only downside is that i lost a bit of hp, but thx to my sharded gear i compensate for that.

Instead of getting hit 3x by a mob before it dies, they hardly hit me anymore. Saves me pots, thus cash. And losing a small amount of hp really doesn't make a diff when you're getting 1-hit by a certain boss anyway.

And if you're worried about Pdef, there's always our awesome skill : plumeshell.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    base magic = (1+(MAG/100))*(level+equipment magic attack)

so if u have 200 mag then ur base is 3x eq + lvl
    and when 300mag - 4x eq + lvl

there is that difference
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282