Still no-fix for archer bug on snowmen

Comments

• Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    storehammy wrote: »
    ^(^.^)
    this lols
    hamtastic reflexes, no lag, and years of FPS experience is letting me kill even while using a melee sword lol.

SCO Veteran here. Hair trigger reflexes.

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^(^.^)
    this lols
    hamtastic reflexes, no lag, and years of FPS experience is letting me kill even while using a melee sword lol.

COD4 ftw.
    Except theres a world of difference between killing people in first person with an M4 carbine and killing snowmen in third person with a gold-glowing slingshot...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Using a bow is so...cheap. Preventing other people from doing anything just so you can get drops is just sad. Three different cities and all the same thing. Two people getting everything by using a damn bow.

LET OTHER PEOPLE PARTICIPATE!!!
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • BlindApathy - Lost City
    BlindApathy - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Or get a bow yourself b:shocked
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Or get a bow yourself b:shocked

I'm not cheap.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am a wizard think about us we never get kill by time we cast its already dead. Then cast dont work. We have to hit with weapon. So it's Kun Kun all over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am a wizard think about us we never get kill by time we cast its already dead. Then cast dont work. We have to hit with weapon. So it's Kun Kun all over again.
    kunkun + Wizard/Psychic = ANNOYING

anyways.. free glitch to exploit: (accidentally discovered, isn't exactly "exploitable" just trying to get this noticed)

step 1: buy a bow & arrows
    step 2: be some distance away
    step 3: have great timing
    step 4: target snowman and shoot
    step 5: hit LAST
    step 6: pick up loot

the interesting issue here is it's simliar to death shot, only it's damage this time..

The game doesn't do a death check on a mob for a few seconds, and since these have 1hp they can be bugged to have "never been hit"
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    We finally get the event we want and of course someone has to point out something wrong with it. Yeah I admit the drop thing is sketchy but w/e. These aren't rare drops..except maybe the cards.

There was no issue(from what I remember or maybe i didn't notice it because I am an archer...idk) last year. This year we have it even easier with the tab button.

@ Panthalassa :you aren't being cheap by using a bow to kill the snowmen, you're just being resourceful. There is no way you will get a snowman without one, unless you're really lucky and it appears right next to you, (if im guessing from your avatar, youre a psychic, and they are really slow and that doesn't help) There are way too many people that want the snowman, for you to be so stubborn in not using a bow when you want some of the drops too. If you don't want to use one, fine, don't complain about not being able to get anything. If you want the drops or the exp or the experience of killing snowmen, suck it up and buy a bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    ^(^.^)
    this lols

funny-pictures-cats-play-game-with-hamster.jpg
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    COD4 ftw.
    Except theres a world of difference between killing people in first person with an M4 carbine and killing snowmen in third person with a gold-glowing slingshot...

target faster, shoot faster, ???, profit.
    b:thanks

me prefer manual target as tab even targets those out of range....and makes you run to a target thats probably going to be dead before you get there.
    b:chuckle

Saishoni
    b:avoid
    me won that game of hamster pong.
    b:shocked
    >.<'
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Saishoni
    b:avoid
    me won that game of hamster pong.
    >.<'

YOU ATE MY KITTEH! (that just sounds so bad b:chuckle)

~Saitada

~Saitada
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    me prefer manual target as tab even targets those out of range....and makes you run to a target thats probably going to be dead before you get there.

Yeah i still use my mouse. Maybe you should be able to select only monsters that are inside your range (maybe you can turn this on/off)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    kunkun + Wizard/Psychic = ANNOYING

anyways.. free glitch to exploit: (accidentally discovered, isn't exactly "exploitable" just trying to get this noticed)

step 1: buy a bow & arrows
    step 2: be some distance away
    step 3: have great timing
    step 4: target snowman and shoot
    step 5: hit LAST
    step 6: pick up loot

the interesting issue here is it's simliar to death shot, only it's damage this time..

The game doesn't do a death check on a mob for a few seconds, and since these have 1hp they can be bugged to have "never been hit"

Which is basically what I was saying. Im beating them on the draw hitting first and 1-2 secs later they hit it and get the drops.

I have target mob and attack icons hot keyed to tidle key and 1 key, and hitting them instanly as they appear.

We finally get the event we want and of course someone has to point out something wrong with it. Yeah I admit the drop thing is sketchy but w/e. These aren't rare drops..except maybe the cards.

There was no issue(from what I remember or maybe i didn't notice it because I am an archer...idk) last year. This year we have it even easier with the tab button.

@ Panthalassa :you aren't being cheap by using a bow to kill the snowmen, you're just being resourceful. There is no way you will get a snowman without one, unless you're really lucky and it appears right next to you, (if im guessing from your avatar, youre a psychic, and they are really slow and that doesn't help) There are way too many people that want the snowman, for you to be so stubborn in not using a bow when you want some of the drops too. If you don't want to use one, fine, don't complain about not being able to get anything. If you want the drops or the exp or the experience of killing snowmen, suck it up and buy a bow.

You need to refresh your memory as it happened exactly same thing last yr.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Which is basically what I was saying. Im beating them on the draw hitting first and 1-2 secs later they hit it and get the drops.

I have target mob and attack icons hot keyed to tidle key and 1 key, and hitting them instanly as they appear.

right, this is because the mob checks who hit first and who killed it at the same time. with a mob with 1hp you get a multi it checks the last one, not the first one
  • RieSaka - Heavens Tear
    RieSaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ~_~ i don get this post. is the veno a sore loser or wat? sometimes u get it sometimes u don. i don get all the drops when some1 attk b4 mi and i attk it a little later.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's not really a glitch. The game calculates it based on the initiation of the physical attack. Because the archer is ranged, the hit counts as soon as the archer (or any bow user) touches the drawstring on the bow. Regardless of whether the mob is already dead, the bow will still fire and be counted as the initial attacker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    89+ venos get a common free ~15m ranged pet (no waste on ammo / no inventory slots). Can shoot while jumping, picking up, melee (attack 2 at a time). The pet is also 8.9m/s if it can't hit from where it is, and it gets easy leveling on snowmen and Array Guards (2 hit kills for me w/great XP and decent drops). I don't see archers QQing. b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I believe "first person to initiate attack" gets the drops from snowmen, when multiple people hit one.

And, archers have some lag between when they shoot and when they hit.
    edited December 2009
    ~_~ i don get this post. is the veno a sore loser or wat? sometimes u get it sometimes u don. i don get all the drops when some1 attk b4 mi and i attk it a little later.

No Im not a sore loser, as the video even showed what happened. Try thinking a little harder use that grey matter between the ears. There is a glitch that can be repeated and abused. It was tested last year during the event and thought it was being taken care, but apparently it wasnt.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    It's not really a glitch. The game calculates it based on the initiation of the physical attack. Because the archer is ranged, the hit counts as soon as the archer (or any bow user) touches the drawstring on the bow. Regardless of whether the mob is already dead, the bow will still fire and be counted as the initial attacker.

Yes it is a glitch as anyclass using a bow is also considered ranged.

I believe "first person to initiate attack" gets the drops from snowmen, when multiple people hit one.

And, archers have some lag between when they shoot and when they hit.

But thats not what is happening here. I have a level 50 archer I know when and where there animations begin.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Hmm...last year...Oh snowmen...point shoot, qq someone got it before me...oh well next snowmen...rinse and repeat...ohh drops mine...continue until i got tired of it..I dont know why there is a big deal over this. They are only here for a week or w/e. Not like they are going to be here until the game is over.

Why would the player not be considered range when they use a bow? If i grab a sword, im melee for the time being. I cant use my range skills or make the sword attack further.

And yes there is some lag when you shoot. I can kill a mob and like a second after, i hear the auto shoot sound and see numbers appear over the dead mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited December 2009
    Hmm...last year...Oh snowmen...point shoot, qq someone got it before me...oh well next snowmen...rinse and repeat...ohh drops mine...continue until i got tired of it..I dont know why there is a big deal over this. They are only here for a week or w/e. Not like they are going to be here until the game is over.

Why would the player not be considered range when they use a bow? If i grab a sword, im melee for the time being. I cant use my range skills or make the sword attack further.

And yes there is some lag when you shoot. I can kill a mob and like a second after, i hear the auto shoot sound and see numbers appear over the dead mob.

Its a big deal because its an abusable glitch/exploit. Same as was the duke rose glitch/exploit, as with any other glitch/exploit.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Use a bow on the snowmen? What for? I was killing them all in foxform last year with no trouble, I got tons of drops until I got bored of snowmen and started grinding again. None of the drops were of any use anyway.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    i am clearing beating them. As i was last year also. they are still getting the drops.

th_ArcherGlitch.jpg
    archer hit it last, look at it closely.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Make level 1 archer, get stones, mail back to your main. 'Nuff QQing.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Make level 1 archer, get stones, mail back to your main. 'Nuff QQing.

I wasnt Q_Qing, You should know that about me by now. I was pointing out an abusable glitch that is still in game.
    archer hit it last, look at it closely.

I did say that already. lol
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    My experience has been that I am significantly faster than most archers with my skill Knife Throw. They don't even have the chance to draw and I've already thrown and am heading to pick up my loot.

Yesterday I had 3 Archers from one faction try to horn in on an area I was camping snowmen at (I had a 2 snowman split spawn, timed to fit my skills pop). They tried hard for about 20-30 minutes to 'take' the spawn spot away from me. During that time the ONLY time they got a snowman was when I was up getting more coffee. The rest of the time, the snowman would be dead and gone before they got their bows drawn to shoot it.

They eventually gave up trying to compete with me for the spawn and left for 'easier pickings'.

~Saitada

~Saitada
  • Cleridian - Heavens Tear
    Cleridian - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wat im wondering, is.. if a mob only has 1hp, then how is that able to be shared among ppl who all attack it? Only takes 1 shot to kill those, shouldnt be able to multi shot from different ppl. Just seems wrong, especially for ppl who wouldnt know to use a bow, and keep tryin to channel kill the snowmen. Archers definitely own these snowmen this year (or anyone with a bow).
    ~Shattered Leader

IGN: Sleiyer
    Lvl: N/A
    Class: Glaive, Charmer, Bow
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Wat im wondering, is.. if a mob only has 1hp, then how is that able to be shared among ppl who all attack it? Only takes 1 shot to kill those, shouldnt be able to multi shot from different ppl. Just seems wrong, especially for ppl who wouldnt know to use a bow, and keep tryin to channel kill the snowmen. Archers definitely own these snowmen this year (or anyone with a bow).

not really. Archers suck compared to a Sin with Knife throw.

~S

~Saitada
  • Cleridian - Heavens Tear
    Cleridian - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Cooldown of Knife Throw... or multiples one after the other? Which would u choose?
    ~Shattered Leader

IGN: Sleiyer
    Lvl: N/A
    Class: Glaive, Charmer, Bow