I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you meant we cant use bows on them this year??? that really is weird!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    O.o I don't get it, I can use a bow, I see pretty much everyone using a bow. Doesn't look like any archers are having problems.. b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The glitch is even if you attack first get the first hit in Archers still get the drops. I have a video up soon of it I'll post here.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What bug?
    o__O KSing isnt a bug

EDIT: I saw your post..
    Did this happen last year, cause I dont remember and I havent been on PWI today.
    When you say archers does it mean actual archers? Or just someone (like a fist bm) using a bow?

EDIT2:I just started killing snowmen today and theres no bug..Even when other archers come and kill

EDIT3: Its called high pings?

Eh, There has to be one class thats the best at snowmen killing and its archer :
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So I should kill snowmen on a level 1 archer? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited December 2009
    What bug?
    o__O KSing isnt a bug

EDIT: I saw your post..
    Did this happen last year, cause I dont remember and I havent been on PWI today.
    When you say archers does it mean actual archers? Or just someone (like a fist bm) using a bow?

When I say archers im saying archers. Now Youtube is giving problems lol
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fatboykkb
    fatboykkb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The glitch is even if you attack first get the first hit in Archers still get the drops. I have a video up soon of it I'll post here.

i just made a post about this on the snowmen are back thread like really i keep atting first but the actual archer who atts last mite i add keeps getting the drop.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Not quite true, at least, not as I've seen it. I can attack at roughly the same time as an archer, and sometimes my shot can even come it slightly after theirs, but I get the drops. I think I saw someone who asked about that and got the response that it has to do with levels. A lower level character might be weighed more in terms of who gets the drops if multiple hits happen at the same time. Not sure if that's true or not, but from the short time I've been doing this it seems to have some validity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • fatboykkb
    edited December 2009
    Not quite true, at least, not as I've seen it. I can attack at roughly the same time as an archer, and sometimes my shot can even come it slightly after theirs, but I get the drops. I think I saw someone who asked about that and got the response that it has to do with levels. A lower level character might be weighed more in terms of who gets the drops if multiple hits happen at the same time. Not sure if that's true or not, but from the short time I've been doing this it seems to have some validity.

so pwe is basicly saying **** you slow low levels......
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fatboykkb wrote: »

*reads* ahh i is low levels!b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I didn't have any problem last year beating archers to the snowmen with my veno using a bow. I was beating them so often it was actually getting embarrassing getting 80%-90% of the kills against 4-5 other people. All that practice targeting rare pets as soon as they spawned meant I was super-fast at targeting snowmen as soon as they spawned. Course the tab key changes that this year.
  • fatboykkb
    edited December 2009
    *reads* ahh i is low levels!b:shocked

yea because all the 8xs are camping the snowmen in etherblade not sure about the rest but im sure its the same.
    edited December 2009
    I didn't have any problem last year beating archers to the snowmen with my veno using a bow. I was beating them so often it was actually getting embarrassing getting 80%-90% of the kills against 4-5 other people. All that practice targeting rare pets as soon as they spawned meant I was super-fast at targeting snowmen as soon as they spawned. Course the tab key changes that this year.

i am clearing beating them. As i was last year also. they are still getting the drops.

th_ArcherGlitch.jpg
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fatboykkb wrote: »

No, actually, I meant that a lower lvl may (not necessarily is mind you, this still is only based on my personal observations and is by no means correct) have a higher chance to get the drops that a higher lvl player that attacks at the same time. Sorry if that was unclear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm playing on a Cleric.... and i'm getting all the drops =P Maybe you all are doing something wrong? (lag mayhaps?)
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i am clearing beating them. As i was last year also. they are still getting the drops.

Yeah, this has happened to me a few times as well. I get the experience and spirit but not the drops. Not sure how that's possible other than a bug.
  • Vehylen - Harshlands
    Vehylen - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The exp/spirit is split depending on how many people actually hit, With me and a 2-3 others I Was getting anywhere from 30exp(all of us hitting) to 120exp (just me). As for the drops, It seems to be a mixture of whoever hits first(If system cant determine since it hits too quickly/or you are lagging and it only LOOKS like you hit them first) then it seems to go by dmg.

As for the archers, After realizing I could use a bow, I was doing better then alot of the actual archers around town, XD although I Was being beaten by another veno -_- not only did she almost always get drops from kills, but they were almost always her's...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What I figured for drops was, whoever attacks it last within a set duration. Say, an wiz attacks now. Then, an archer attacks 0.25seconds later, the archer will get the loot. And, the exp will be 60/60. Its not with archers only however.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *cough* bull. I have done this on all classes from my 94 veno to my level 2 alt cleric there is no favor to levels or class it has to do with who hit first. Which means who has the least lag who is closest to the server thus having the smallest amount of ping and who pressed the dam button first.

All this other stuff is all in your head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I guess that makes sense. If the loot is allocated based on damage -- even if that's only part of the formula -- it seems obvious that the archer is going to get it most of the time vs. someone like a robe venomancer using a level 1 bow. I'd almost rather get no experience with my no drops instead of teasing me into thinking I got it.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *cough* bull. I have done this on all classes from my 94 veno to my level 2 alt cleric there is no favor to levels or class it has to do with who hit first. Which means who has the least lag who is closest to the server thus having the smallest amount of ping and who pressed the dam button first.

All this other stuff is all in your head.

It makes a good argument to QQ about though.
    *archers KS
    *it's a glitch
    *"no fair it's higher lvl!"

I was on my alt- archer. Had a barb in Archo QQ about archers KS-ing him all the time, only 4 archers who are ok... I told him he could use a bow too, that it depended on who made the kill first and that for most events barbs rule. The clases that are having the most trouble are probably clerics: slow landspeed, no dex to use a proper bow... I told him barbs don't really have such a big disadvantage in this event (speed, they can use a bow) and since these are lvl 1 mobs there isn't much opportunity for KS-ing, you hit the mob, it dies.

He was upset and logged off.
    I decided to mail him some stuff, figuring this was just some kid playing, feeling sorry for him not getting anything.
    (although I think He did get a lot of drops)

I do think archers have a big advantage in this event though, not because of a glitch, but because they shoot faster (have better bows) and with auto-target they can be the first to shoot the moment the mob spawns.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Roxci - Raging Tide
    Roxci - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    People without range are screwed. 8D
    I've only been able to kill one snowman.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    People without range are screwed. 8D
    I've only been able to kill one snowman.

use a bow =p
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am having no trouble at all beating archers. Fact is, they leave the area I am in because they can't beat me.

~Saitada
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • Igetyouwet - Dreamweaver
    Igetyouwet - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im haveing trouble because all these 8x and 9x archers r like farming the snowmen in the area but barbs do have an advantge.

this level 72 barb i think he was getting tired of all the ksing so he got a bow some low lvl arrows but switch bak to this axes and did blood bath and then went back to his bow but i think blood bath worked cause he started to get drops....
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2009

then why are assassins, barbs and every other class sneaking away with all my drops? i demand that this bug be fixed so that all archers are equally dominate and get all the drops.
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    MUHAHAHAHA
    LOLS
    Me blade be faster then teh bow and arrow!
    b:chuckle

lols me no lag system be able to take kills even though an arrow hits it at the same time.
    b:victory
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    then why are assassins, barbs and every other class sneaking away with all my drops? i demand that this bug be fixed so that all archers are equally dominate and get all the drops.

LOL I have had 2 archers accuse me of being a bot because I am reacting faster than they are. I told them that if I was a bot, why was I talking to them? They shut up and left.

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LOL I have had 2 archers accuse me of being a bot because I am reacting faster than they are. I told them that if I was a bot, why was I talking to them? They shut up and left.

~S

^(^.^)
    this lols
    hamtastic reflexes, no lag, and years of FPS experience is letting me kill even while using a melee sword lol.
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*