What about DoTs ?

Spaylz - Lost City
Spaylz - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Psychic
I'm kind of wondering about the DoTs skills, both earth and water. Are they worth leveling or...?
Post edited by Spaylz - Lost City on

Comments

• Nominal - Heavens Tear
    Nominal - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well the psychic dots, when compared to the dots of all other classes, are really good. they have the potential to deal a lot of damage

i dont know if its worth leveling early though
  • PsyIcy - Sanctuary
    PsyIcy - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well the psychic dots, when compared to the dots of all other classes, are really good. they have the potential to deal a lot of damage

i dont know if its worth leveling early though

This. Its like... 15seconds for that much damage. Hardly worth it at lower levels.
  • DeepSpawn - Harshlands
    DeepSpawn - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A lot of players here will say "DOT = useless", but i think they are not completely useless, at least, depending on the situation:

If you are going to do instances with your party, and kill big monsters, i would recommend you to use DOTs. If you use nukes all the time agains that boss, you will made a high damage spike, and you are going to get more aggro and the monster will finally attack you unless any other player can make a higher damage spike.
    Using the DOTs, you will inflinct the same damage amount, but this damage is like more "light", and you won't aggro the monster.

This happened to me several times while in Sea Monster's Cave.
    Finally, i decided to use Torrent as constant damage stream, and one or two damage spells while the DOT cools down.

In the other hand, if you are going to play as solo, the DOTs are pretty useless, because you can kill monsters with two or three hits, this is, a high damage spike. So you don't need to wait 10 - 15 seconds for the monster to die when you can kill in a few seconds.

Finally, for PvP i can't say something for sure, but i think that DOTs for PvP are also pretty useless.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Finally, for PvP i can't say something for sure, but i think that DOTs for PvP are also pretty useless.

not entirely. as a barb, I devour (for pdef debuff) surf impact (to slow enemy) and flesh ream/sunder (for bleed DoT) as my opening attack combo. This is deadly for a ranged class as it deals damage to them even as they attempt to move out of my attack range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Triton - Raging Tide
    Triton - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would suggest saving your spirit for more useful skills. IMO DoTs are only good for bosses but that's it.
    No i am not"Triton" from DW. I came from sanctuary and my name is based on mythology. b:bye
  • BlindApathy - Lost City
    BlindApathy - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like DoT skills :o when I hit lvl 30 I used torrent to finish off players that would run when they were getting pk'd xD b:pleased
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like DoT skills :o when I hit lvl 30 I used torrent to finish off players that would run when they were getting pk'd xD b:pleased

i love doing this xD
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Left mine on lvl 1 till better times(dang spirit lack so hurt). Another reason that DOT at lvl 1 has way much cheaper mana cost vs basic skills upgraded to lvl 7+ and has decent damage, since i'm sure that your basic attacks would be upgraded to top of your lvl. So in situations when you miscalculated mana for combo or mana got drained by debuff DoT mana "low" cost "can save a day" b:bye