Could a Gm please take a look at this?

Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Supposedly, I was reported for ks'ing someone. I find it hard to believe that people would call an honest mistake ks'ing.

The Situation: Im outside west archo, killing frail blobs for a quest on my assassin. Not many other people were doing this quest I suppose, because I had yet to spot anyone else killing these. Now, in the distance, I spot two frail blobs. I had hoped these would be two of three that I needed.

Now, I was still a bit away from them, so, I used Knife Throw to lure him. As I was pressing the button, another assassin ran up, and began to attack the mob that I had targeted. My knife throw still went through, however. Seeing as she was closer, and that the mob was focused on her, I decided to take the second one. So, I ran up to this one, just as she was finishing up hers. I began to attack it, and to my suprise, she began to do the same.

Now. After the blob was killed, I noticed that the credit for the mob went to me. This didn't suprise me (Im a pure dex build with a level 4 vit/dex tome), and I moved away. Suddenly, I get a pm from the assassin that had targeted the second mob, saying that she "screen shot me ks'ing her" and that she submitted a ticket that I "intentionally harrassed her".

Now, If I'm wrong, then tell me. Or was this just an honest mistake, and that she's taking this a bit too far? Personally, I believe she could be held for attempted KS, but then again...-Shrug-
The Pker's Prayer
~~~
The Angels in Heaven
(Now I lay you down to sleep)
Simply wont let me
(I pray the lord your soul to keep)
Enter quietly
(And if I die before you)
Ill see you in hell
(That shall be his first mistake)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Credit to Kephras for the awesome Sig
Post edited by Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I highly doubt anything will happen unless she has multiple screens of you doing it more than once.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    submit a ticket
  • _Juno_ - Heavens Tear
    _Juno_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i don't believe ppl should be banned for this unless theres some words flying ing or multiple screen shots of different areas where you've ksed the same person over and over agian.b:sweat

btw anyone notice the spawn time in mobs has lessed ? so they spawn left and right pretty quickly now .. Oo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Supposedly, I was reported for ks'ing someone. I find it hard to believe that people would call an honest mistake ks'ing.

The Situation: Im outside west archo, killing frail blobs for a quest on my assassin. Not many other people were doing this quest I suppose, because I had yet to spot anyone else killing these. Now, in the distance, I spot two frail blobs. I had hoped these would be two of three that I needed.

Now, I was still a bit away from them, so, I used Knife Throw to lure him. As I was pressing the button, another assassin ran up, and began to attack the mob that I had targeted. My knife throw still went through, however. Seeing as she was closer, and that the mob was focused on her, I decided to take the second one. So, I ran up to this one, just as she was finishing up hers. I began to attack it, and to my suprise, she began to do the same.

Now. After the blob was killed, I noticed that the credit for the mob went to me. This didn't suprise me (Im a pure dex build with a level 4 vit/dex tome), and I moved away. Suddenly, I get a pm from the assassin that had targeted the second mob, saying that she "screen shot me ks'ing her" and that she submitted a ticket that I "intentionally harrassed her".

Now, If I'm wrong, then tell me. Or was this just an honest mistake, and that she's taking this a bit too far? Personally, I believe she could be held for attempted KS, but then again...-Shrug-

everyone is ksing everyone at your level. i wouldnt worry about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    According to GMs in the past, ksing isn't actually possible, whoever does the most damage gets the kill. Constantly trying to prevent somebody from getting kills though is against the rules.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *sigh* pve servers...
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wouldnt listen to that person, Just a raging noob acting tough behind a computer screen b:chuckle
    Just laugh at him/her and continue with your questing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CountIfrit - Harshlands
    CountIfrit - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Basically everyone has pointed out the facts; everyone has that happens a lot. Grieving a player is against the rules but what you did is nothing wrong. (Annoying sometimes when someone attacks your monster mid-fight, but not wrong)
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    out side west arch is alot of noobs/low lvs trying to do those quests when i play an alt i always expect to get ksed alot out there and ussally try to squad with anyone killin the same mobs as me ...n my opinion its not a very big deal and i dont think anything will happen. i also think that assassin is pretty dumb for not expecting to get ksed (not saying u did or didnt ks her)
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    razad wrote: »
    *sigh* pve servers...

ummm ....fail blobs r lv 22 quest if i remember right ...so even on a pvp server u couldnt do sh it about it x.x noob

..also sry for the double post ...i dont use forums much
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *facepaw*
    the person who claimed you be "ksing"
    was merely upset that her (possibly his) attempt to ks you failed...
    -.-'
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I wouldnt listen to that person, Just a raging noob acting tough behind a computer screen b:chuckle
    Just laugh at him/her and continue with your questing.

Im not too worried about this. I just know what I did. Seeing as she had aggro on the first one, I let her have it. But the second one was just BS on her part.

~~

On a side note, I bet you that if SHE had gotten credit for the second mob, she would have not submitted a ticket. It would have been somewhere along the lines of "Lol nice try, nub"
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    Simply wont let me
    Enter quietly
    Ill see you in hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Roll PvP for later on. This is a lame issues imo...

Besides, I do not see any type of violation here (at least in my humble opinion). No big deal.

The day of the expansion release it was a KS fest....it is just the nature of having so many of the same level running around on area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    storehammy wrote: »
    *facepaw*
    the person who claimed you be "ksing"
    was merely upset that her (possibly his) attempt to ks you failed...
    -.-'

A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brutally - Lost City
    Brutally - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LOLOLOLOL
    My lvl 1 bm gets ksed a lot ijs.
    -spam reports- b:avoid
    edited December 2009
    Roll PvP for later on. This is a lame issues imo...

Besides, I do not see any type of violation here (at least in my humble opinion). No big deal.

The day of the expansion release it was a KS fest....it is just the nature of having so many of the same level running around on area.

Forgive me, but roll PVP? I assume you mean start pking? If so, I already plan on it.
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    Simply wont let me
    Enter quietly
    Ill see you in hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i honestly don't see how a SS could prove KS anyhow. All it would show is two people fighting the same mob. from there its just "he said she said" as to who was actually at the mob first. I'll admit that I've targeted a mob at range (on my psycho) only to have a veno's pet come bounding in to hit it just as my channel is about over. Too late to cancel the channel at that point - and there's really no telling who started attacking first in most cases with ranged players. the veno may have hit pet attack before I hit aqua, or it may have been the other way around. Heck.. we both may have seen it from a distance and ran up from different directions. But oh well.. Generally once my attack sequence starts and the mob is coming at me, there's no stopping for a QQer that calls me a KS'er. I just finish the job up, grab my drops, and move along. I just be sure to keep an eye out for that same person again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
    edited December 2009
    i honestly don't see how a SS could prove KS anyhow. All it would show is two people fighting the same mob. from there its just "he said she said" as to who was actually at the mob first. I'll admit that I've targeted a mob at range (on my psycho) only to have a veno's pet come bounding in to hit it just as my channel is about over. Too late to cancel the channel at that point - and there's really no telling who started attacking first in most cases with ranged players. the veno may have hit pet attack before I hit aqua, or it may have been the other way around. Heck.. we both may have seen it from a distance and ran up from different directions. But oh well.. Generally once my attack sequence starts and the mob is coming at me, there's no stopping for a QQer that calls me a KS'er. I just finish the job up, grab my drops, and move along. I just be sure to keep an eye out for that same person again.

I've seen her past by once later. She blacklisted me quoting "Intentional harrassment" at the time of the incident. However...

This is what really bugs me. Less than five minutes later, I sent out a World Chat Shout for help on the elder tortise quest, and got a pm from somoene saying that they saw the screenshots on the forum, and that no one would help a Ks'er. I actually stared at my screen for a second and said "What the F#$%" to myself. If someone knows where this thread is, please post it?
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    Simply wont let me
    Enter quietly
    Ill see you in hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Raging Tide
    IDaun - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I haven't seen that thread-- even if it was posted, it would have been removed and locked. You can't defame someone (post their name. actions are alright as long as the name stays outta it) on the forums. That person that PM'd you was either an alt of hers or a friend. She was lying either way.

And accidental KSings happen-- though, I can understand the first part of how she acted. If I felt someone was KSing me, and I was going in to either AoE or just tank two mobs at once, I would continue with my plan (as long as I hit the mobs first) even if the other player got aggro off me. The second part is when she got stupid. >>

I've never heard of someone that's gotten banned over KSing... at least, small stuff like that. If you could get banned for that... Broken Bow Bluff would be a ghost town. I'd love to see her dealing with Spearmen and those mobs required for that 1 hour long timed quest. xD
  • warlos
    warlos Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009

pwi is big world with many mob lol least concern if anyone ks 1,2 or even more, i move on to diff area. But if anyone harrassing as u mention in pm, then u can raise ticket and inform the GM to check CHAT LOG.Mention appro date and server time b:sin
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That should be nothing. People KS from me all the time and I have personally never SS that b:chuckle

Just remember in your head that person is fail for blaming you on that. Oh and that person has some serious anger issues. :P

Yeah, you should be fine :)
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Mlke - Lost City
    Mlke - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    there are lots of people like that all over the game... im sure the GM know what to do, people pm me saying they gunna report me bcuz i know how to talk green and blue and wont tell anyone, i havnt got banned yet witch means the gm r thinking its faulse reporting and im sure they gunna think same for u, heck since the tideborn r out the only way to kill a mob is to ks, mostly at oracle spots and low lvl mob areas ijs :P
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Short of following around someone and continuously and deliberately harrassing them by "stealing" their mobs or whatever, you're in absolutely no trouble over the incident related in the OP.

If you have specific questions involving game rules and their interpretations you can send in a ticket to ask about it.
This discussion has been closed.